Thinking of putting a game ball on Ebay...

DarthICE

It is a game ball from the 93'. The Saturday before the Raiders game that December, Jerry Crafts got me in the locker room and I got the signatures of most all of that 93' team in silver sharpie on a game ball.

Any ideas on how much I should ask for it?

It is a game ball from the 93'. The Saturday before the Raiders game that December, Jerry Crafts got me in the locker room and I got the signatures of most all of that 93' team in silver sharpie on a game ball.

Funny. I just found a VHS tape of that Raiders/Bills tilt ( one point Bills loss) while rummaging around the storage unit last week.

I have no idea how much the ball will garner, but a few things to consider:

1. The market for Bills stuff has been suppressed a bit cause they suck. I have a mid-60's Bills bobblehead with original box that I want to sell, but I keep waiting for the right time to post it (in order to ride an enthusiasm wave). I intended to post it coinciding with opening week to cash in on the TO/hope springs eternal vibe, but I forgot. Now I'm afraid that getting maximum value would be like trying to seal the deal with a flirting hottie once she catches wind that you have herpes.

2. Do you have proof the signatures are real - like a picture of you with Crafts and the ball? Or a pic of any players signing? Some folks would be reluctant to pay a lot for memorabilia that doesn't have some measure of official authenticity. I have a 1978 autographed NY Yankees ball that a teacher gave me while growing up on Long Island. He knew the equipment guy. The problem I have found is that it costs a mint to have the ball verified by sports graders, so I've refrained from selling it.

Your ball is a cool item from a glory era, so everything I've said may be full of shiite since plenty of nostalgic fans would jump all over it given the pathetic state of Bills football.

Any proof the signatures are real? (pictures of the players signing it, etc). If not, you won't get much at all.

I wouldnt sell it...something like that is priceless.

I would buy it given the right price. That was the 1st (and only) game I ever went to with my Dad (he was more of a Sabres guy)...still have my ticket and program...so I guess it would kind of complete my collection.

My advice to you, except to give it to me...do not sell it. Keep it for YOUR kids and explain the relevance of it and those years of Buffalo Bills football.

For you to get what YOU WOULD WANT for it...it would have to contain EVERY important player on it.