We should really consider getting Ron Jawarski

Bufcomments

Would Jaws make a good GM  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

If you saw Mike Catalana's article today on 13 wham news from Rochester today I thought this was an outstanding idea.

Thanks Mike you deserve credit for this idea, wish I had thought of it.

I think he would be perfect GM for this club. From the area, well connected as Mike said. I would post a link but don't know how to do that yet lol.

We all know Ralph is too cheap to hire a top notch guy, I think we should give Jaws a shot, hell he cant be any worse than Brandon is.

Maybe we can hire him as a consultant or something. Anyway he needs to be involved in this organization. Even as QB coach.

Thoughts?

If you saw Mike Catalana's article today on 13 wham news from Rochester today I thought this was an outstanding idea.

I think he would be perfect GM for this club. From the area, well connected as Mike said. I would post a link but don't know how to do that yet lol.

We all know Ralph is too cheap to hire a top notch guy, I think we should give Jaws a shot, hell he cant be any worse than Brandon is.

Maybe we can hire him as a consultant or something. Anyway he needs to be involved in this organization. Even as QB coach.

Thoughts?

Just hire the whole Monday night crew, Chuck Head couch, Jaws GM.

YES. Chuck for HC and Jaws for GM make since.

Nice avatar.... oh, and thats just silly - why not hire another broadcaster w/o any experience? i think matt millen was available at one point... got his experience... on the job

Did Russ Brandon have any experience???

Just a thought....

Matt Millen that didn't work out but Jaws would be at least a great QB coach, I think he would jump at the chance if B-Low offered him a job.

BTW you know that's Stacy Dash I the avatar <_<

Russ Brandon has proved to be no match against the likes of Bill Polian, Bill Belichek and Bill Parcells et al when it comes to building teams. Do you really think Jaws can go up against the likes of these guys to bild a competitive team?

Good point... I'll give you that...

But I think Jaws would know how to find a QB that can play in this weather.....

Thoughts?

What makes you think being Bills GM would be more money than Jaws is making now as a network analyst? If you had a steady gig that made you a well-paid celebrity, would you want to chuck it for a brief stint as a GM for an owner that keeps one hand tied behind your back?

What makes you think being Bills GM would be more money than Jaws is making now as a network analyst? If you had a steady gig that made you a well-paid celebrity, would you want to chuck it for a brief stint as a GM for an owner that keeps one hand tied behind your back?

I wonder how much money he is making at ESPN?

Plus I never heard him say he does not want to be in the league in some shape or form .

Since the Bills sell alot of tickets on hope this would fall right into their train of thought. Local guy, Good QB, Good teacher of the game, knows his offense.

My thing is , IMO he would be better than Russ.

What gives you any insight into the fact that he would make a competent GM?

Based on his on-camera analysis, I can see how you might think he is qualified to be a positional coach (particularly QB) or perhaps an OC. But GM?

He might be "connected" more than an outsider, but I doubt as much as an insider.

I've seen nothing to indicate to me that he has any ability in assessing player talent, which is the most critical skill for a GM (followed closely by picking a good HC, scouting dept & perhaps assisting in assembling the rest of the staff). I recall him saying the Losman would be the most successful of all the QBs in that class. <_<

He might well have ability in assessing player talent, but we don't really know. How'd it work out for the Lions hiring Millen cuz he was such a talented color man? :beer:

Did Russ Brandon have any experience???

Just a thought....

Matt Millen that didn't work out but Jaws would be at least a great QB coach, I think he would jump at the chance if B-Low offered him a job.

BTW you know that's Stacy Dash I the avatar <_<

How well is that working out?

Everyone does realize Russ has only had 1 SEASON in terms of "building a team" so idk how he's done such a horrible job honestly..if you want someone to blame, blame Levy and Modrak but not Russ

<_< I was happy with his draft last year. The next GM could do worse than Brandon has up to this point.

Everyone does realize Russ has only had 1 SEASON in terms of "building a team" so idk how he's done such a horrible job honestly..if you want someone to blame, blame Levy and Modrak but not Russ

This is absolutely true. Russ didnt hire Dick Jauron (Levy), Russ didnt draft Whitner over Ngata (Levy/Modrak), Russ didnt trade back up into the first round to select McCargo (Levy/Modrak), Russ didnt blow money on failed, high priced free agents (John Guy), what Russ has done in his short time as a GM is draft promising young OL, rid the team of a malcontent OT (Peters), and brought in a hall of fame WR (though on the downside of his career). IMO, the only thing we can criticize Russ for, is drafting Maybin over Oher, although the book is not out on Maybin and hindsight is always 20/20. Dont blame Russ Brandon for finally starting to get things right on this roster, blame Levy, Modrak, Guy, and Ralph...

This is absolutely true. Russ didnt hire Dick Jauron (Levy), Russ didnt draft Whitner over Ngata (Levy/Modrak), Russ didnt trade back up into the first round to select McCargo (Levy/Modrak), Russ didnt blow money on failed, high priced free agents (John Guy), what Russ has done in his short time as a GM is draft promising young OL, rid the team of a malcontent OT (Peters), and brought in a hall of fame WR (though on the downside of his career). IMO, the only thing we can criticize Russ for, is drafting Maybin over Oher, although the book is not out on Maybin and hindsight is always 20/20. Dont blame Russ Brandon for finally starting to get things right on this roster, blame Levy, Modrak, Guy, and Ralph...

in one year under Russ, the offensive line has been decimated, the linebacker corps. has not been shored up, we signed a wr star to sell tickets that has not helped the offense whatsoever, and the offense shows no signs of life. The team has less talent now that a year ago.

I think the biggest problem wit Russ is that he is either content with or not empowered to change the front office and scouting that have failed us for so long. Anyone happy with Dick Jauron, Modrak, Guy and the scouts that brought us the cap-killing busts we've had is not part of the solution - they are a continuation of the problem.

Therein lies the problem. I think if it was solely Russ Brandon's call, Jauron would've been fired last year. I remember distinctly (after the Miami game in Toronto) his anger over the team's performance, as well as DJ's coaching ability. He doesn't have enough power in the FO to impose whatever changes he would really like to make. Here again, you can blame Wilson. Look, Im not saying Russ is a top notch GM - he hasnt been on the job long enough to give him the credit - but those who are blaming him aren't looking at the entire situation. Russ could be Polian v 2.0, or he could be a "John Guy" equivalent GM. We just don't know...

Who the <_< are the 20 people that voted for Ron Jaworski as GM?

Are you all from Lackawanna?

The stupidity meter is off the charts.

I am surprised it a dead heat also, I thought I might get slamed harder than I did.

As you can see I not only mentioned Jaws as a possible GM but as a QB coach as well.

So what they are from the LACK, hey Jaws family has a right to vote so don't judge lol