Byrd up for ROW

Beerball

him and percy harvin are going to have a fight for it.

I don't think so.

IIRC correctly there is no overall Rookie of the Year. Just Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year

And if Bird keeps it up, Defensive Rookie of the Year is one thing. A Pro Bowl trip to Hawaii is another. And then he'll be a Surfin Byrd :thumbsup:

He hasn't even won Rookie of the Week yet, although he hasn't been starting all year. Let's not push it quite yet...

Yep. We'll have to see how it goes, now that teams have some game film on him. CIN's #2 pick Maualuga started out strong, but has tapered off the past few games.

Still - 7 picks...impressive.

I noticed in the stats in the HOU game, he had 2 solo tackles and 3 assists, and Wilson with 7 tackles and 8 assists. I haven't seen Byrd play - is he jumping routes, is he leaving coverage to hawk the ball? How does he look in run defense?

Edited by stuckincincy

Yep. We'll have to see how it goes, now that teams have some game film on him. CIN's #2 pick Maualuga started out strong, but has tapered off the past few games.

Still - 7 picks...impressive.

I noticed in the stats in the HOU game, he had 2 solo tackles and 3 assists, and Wilson with 7 tackles and 8 assists. I haven't seen Byrd play - is he jumping routes, is he leaving coverage to hawk the ball? How does he look in run defense?

Several of the picks were due to his being in the right place at the right time...bad overthrows, tipped passes. The key thing though is that he was in the right place at the right time. He also has several passes defensed. We'll see how he progresses. If those badly thrown or tipped passes weren't (badly thrown or tipped) would he still have been in the right place at the right time?

We're dead last against the run...DBs have to make tackles because they are all that's between untouched ball carriers and the EZ.

Guest dog14787
Several of the picks were due to his being in the right place at the right time...bad overthrows, tipped passes. The key thing though is that he was in the right place at the right time. He also has several passes defensed. We'll see how he progresses. If those badly thrown or tipped passes weren't (badly thrown or tipped) would he still have been in the right place at the right time?

We're dead last against the run...DBs have to make tackles because they are all that's between untouched ball carriers and the EZ.

I suspect the bird man has the eyes of a hawk and is able to see the QB's face and eyes from anywhere on the field.

Ball hawk describes Jairus the bird man Byrd perfectly.

Thanks! That's the info I was seeking.