4th round pick for Quinn

saundena

Actually, they did exactly what you say they didn't. They took Tarik Glenn and Adam Meadows in 97, and then drafted Peyton Manning the next year, in 98. They had already taken Marvin Harrison in 96. They added Edgerrin James in 99 and their defensive bookends in 02 and 03. The trick for the Colts is that they don't take drafts off and find an upper echelon player or two in almost every draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

:devil: Thank you.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So we all know that Trent is probably not the QB of the future. Maybe he stays in Buffalo as a backup or maybe he leaves- whatever. . . . What would you think about trading for Brady Quinn with a 4th round pick. The upside is that you know what you would be getting- A QB that has potential but certainy one that needs work. Now, lets also assume that Ralph fires Jauron and hires somone like Gruden (who can develop a QB). Maybe then could it be a good idea to consider a trade like this? I have to think that Quinn, Gruden and an Oline that has played together for a season would certainly be better than the offensive offense that we have now.

My fear is that we draft a QB who is either a 1st round bust or another 3rd disapointment like Edwards was. If we had smart people in our front office, then I would say draft a 1st rounder, but I don't think the Bills can risk spending millions on a bust.

What do you think. . . .

I think it would be a waste of a fourth round pick. If Derek Anderson who completed only 2 passes in their win over Buffalo is better than Quinn, I'll take my chances having no quarterback at all. Put Moorman back there, he can decide to pass it, kick, or do a Flutie drop kick field goal.

please stop with this Brady Quinn mumbo jumbo.

It is senseless, useless, and NOT an improvement over our current situation.

The Bills should not make ANY personnel moves until Modrak, Guy, and Jauron are long gone and the scouting staff has been gutted, AND a real football GM is in place.

Quinn or draft a QB will not matter. We need to address the source of the problems:

1) The worst coach in Bills history.

2) The first NFL team in the Universe that doesn't have a real GM.

3) An owner who refuse to fire his coach because of his cheapness.

Because of that it spawned other problems:

4) No FA will choose the Bills over other teams. So the Bills has to overpay to get other teams' backup players.

5) We now have a collection of washed up or career backup players from a) Detroit Lions, 2) Chicago Bears.

6) FO has no idea how to handle the draft or make favorable trades. We ended up getting the short end of the stick on every trade.

7) Could not retain our own, valuable, free agents.

To be honest, QB is not my main concern. I wonder if this team will ever be a winning team with the combination of Ralph Wilson, Russ Brandon, and Dick Jauron.

No, you draft your QB before you fill in the gaps. Fill in the gaps and your team gets decent and you never end up with a high enough draft choice to get a good QB.

The Colts didn't draft a great LT and then pick up the best QB still available the next year. They drafted Peyton Manning. When you have a high draft pick and there's a QB you believe in, you draft him. And then you fill in around him.

As others have said, I think it's better to start building a team that doesn't need a superstar qb than building a team around a superstar qb. The development of a qb that already has a decent line would be much quicker imo. The only caveat would be if a qb is available at your draft position that the team feels is a franchise qb you have to take him regardless of need. Of course, picking the "can't miss qb" per our scouts/front office will scare me. Hopefully Buddy Nix is enough to steer us in the correct direction.

I am hoping that we go heavy again early this draft because the players we got last year seem to be decent. If we can pull a couple more decent linemen and a decent lb out of the first 4 rounds, we could be in really good shape if we can find a veteran qb who can get the ball distributed to our skill people. Then a rookie qb drafted in 2011 can learn behind a knowledgeable qb and a decent oline.