Jeff Fisher Could Be On The Outs In Tennessee

H2o

I like the idea of bringing in fired head coaches as coordinators. HC become HC by being the best of the best OCs/DCs. Mike Nolan in Dever via SF, Dick Lebaeu in Pitt via Cincy, Mularkey in ATL via Buffalo, and Cam Cameron in Balt via Miami. These guys are great DC/OCs who failed as HC. Dont undervalue that experience as a HC and how it can positively affect their performance as a coordinator, and help bring along a first time HC. I believe there is added value to these coaches also because it is not likely they get a second chance at a HC job in the near future - which means they will stick around for a long while. IMO we dont need a proven HC (although I would like one), a good alternative could be bringing in a firey assistant (like J.Daniels in Den) then bringing in 2 fired HCs to be OC/DC, say John Fox or Delrio or Fisher if they are fired.

Maybe a more likely scenario for Buffalo.

Wait wait wait wait wait.... let me make sure I hear you correctly. You really believe that the Bills will be able to lure a top former HC to be a coordinator here? Comeon guys can we turn the talks to somehthing realalistic here. We are not going to hire any of the following coaches:

Marty

Fisher

Cower

Shannahan

Gruden

Holmgren

Billeck

THEY ALL COST TOO MUCH! and to have the audacity to suggest we go after a top flight coordinator just shows that you have not been paying attention to how this franchise does business.

Expect there to be about 4 or 5 coordinators on everyones short list this offseason and we will get the one who nobody else hires. He will then hire coordinators that nobody has ever heard of.

Don't think Ralph will hire Fisher, but accidentally tuned in to WGR while at the drive thru yesterday and heard Sullivan saying he thinks there's a chance Ralph would bring back Marv...as coach!!!

Not a bad idea - give Marv a one-year stint to get this coaching bug out of his system once and for all, and bring in as Assistant HC/Offensive Coordinator a young guy by the name of...

Mike Leach

He is the best coach in the NFL.

That's right: better than Belichick. I said it. Why? Because he prepares and wins, AND his players love him.

I would sacrifice my left nut to have him as coach of the Bills. Thankfully, I'll never have to make that choice. It'll never, ever happen.

Belichick, are you kidding me? There is nobody in the NFL or College football that is better than Belichick and I hate the Patriots! Fisher is however, a great coach, prepares well, and is very innovative. I would rank him in the top 5 coaches in the NFL now though, but highly doubt that Ralph will hire someone that wasn't a yes man.

Don't think Ralph will hire Fisher, but accidentally tuned in to WGR while at the drive thru yesterday and heard Sullivan saying he thinks there's a chance Ralph would bring back Marv...as coach!!!

Not a bad idea - give Marv a one-year stint to get this coaching bug out of his system once and for all, and bring in as Assistant HC/Offensive Coordinator a young guy by the name of...

Mike Leach

I'll say one thing for you, you are consistent with your choice. You haven't changed your opinion or entertained the idea of someone else yet, have you? I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually refreshing. I don't agree with your choice, but the steadfast approach is nice.

IF Jeff Fisher were to be fired in Tenn, there would be a line of teams wanting to hire the guy asap

Dallas-Washington- Cleveland- Jacksonville- Carolina-Oakland for certain, these teams may already be tired of their first year experiments -Kansas City-St Louis -Tampa Bay-

Going to be an Interesting off season this year, I see at least 7 head coaching changes. The Bills won't make a change, Wilson won't pay Jauron and another coach, so it is one more year of mediocrity.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...at-end-of-year/

I wouldn't mind having Fisher in Buffalo. He's had some great years in Tennessee. Do you feel it was because someone else put those teams together for him with him just having to manage them or do you think it was because he is that good of a coach? How much of the blame for this year's slide is on him?

Just ask Sally Reese

Mike Leach

What about Robin Leach?

He is a proven coach and he could bring some quick success to Buffalo. I doubt he comes here unless there are also serious modifications made to the front office situation.

Hiring him will probably erase the jinx the Bills have had since Home run throwback.