For the life of me....

I can't understand how there are still people here who support Tom Donohoe's decision making.

let's take a look a this more spectacular blunders:

1) Gregg Williams. In a move that set this team back a decade, Donohoe hired Gregg Williams.

2) Drew Bledsoe. Almost as ridiculous as hiring Gregg Williams, Donohoe brought in Drew Bledsoe and his 100 million dollar contract. Genius, I say, genius!

3) Mike Williams. Overweight, out of shape and lacking in talent, Mike Williams was drafted over a far more talented and TRUE LT, Bryant McKinnie.

4) Ryan Denney. Need I say more?

5) Jeff Posey. The guy's a scrub.

OK. There's five critical mistakes in judgement. Can the TD backers out there please explain to me how we can recover from this short of firing Donohoe?

I can't understand how there are still people here who support Tom Donohoe's decision making.

1) Gregg Williams. In a move that set this team back a decade, Donohoe hired Gregg Williams.

2) Drew Bledsoe. Almost as ridiculous as hiring Gregg Williams, Donohoe brought in Drew Bledsoe and his 100 million dollar contract. Genius, I say, genius!

3) Mike Williams. Overweight, out of shape and lacking in talent, Mike Williams was drafted over a far more talented and TRUE LT, Bryant McKinnie.

OK. There's five critical mistakes in judgement. Can the TD backers out there please explain to me how we can recover from this short of firing Donohoe?

119682[/snapback]

You are about to take a TON (no pun intended) of heat for #3.

PS: He should have drafted JP at #13 if he loved him SO much and not given away a #2 and a top 10 pick.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

He shouldn't take any heat for #3. Did you see his stellar performance Sunday ? Actually it was another unmotivated typical game for him. Below average.

How could I have forgot Josh Reed. Ask anyone here, I railed against that particular wasted pick HARD.

Josh Reed. *fumes*

119692[/snapback]

I mentioned this yesterday somewhere, but I wonder if Reed's downfall is largely a result of our QB.

Think about it. Reed is no less physically talented than any of the Patriots WR's, but Tom Brady has somehow made those guys stars.

He's accused of not getting open, yet Tyke Tolbert himself (2 weeks ago) has said Reed is the best WR he's coached in a while at finding separation from the coverage. So maybe Drew just isn't ever wanting to throw to him, opting for Mr. Moulds instead?

And the dropped passes. Reed NEVER had this problem in college. But then again, all other Bills WR's/RB's/TE's are suffering from the dropsies. Maybe Drew is throwing those sub 10-yd passes harder than he should?

I'm not necessarily saying Reed's failures ARE indeed Drew's fault, I'm just saying that it's a distinct possibility which should be taken into account before calling for Reed's head in the offseason...

Bryant McKinnie. I saw the Minny-GB game Sunday. He's on par with Mike Williams ( Bad ) .  " Pick your poison "  comes to mind instantly.

119728[/snapback]

I saw that game too, and from the looks of it, he held his own.

And he plays a harder position, bing a LT.

You are about to take a TON (no pun intended) of heat for #3.

PS: He should have drafted JP at #13 if he loved him SO much and not given away a #2 and a top 10 pick.

119698[/snapback]

Oh, but he didn't love JP that much, Bill. Don't you remember? He was trying to work out a deal with the Texans to move up ahead of the Steelers to draft Big Ben. Of course, we found out about this after Roethlisberger won 5 starts as a rookie and NO mention of this rumored deal came up at any time during the draft, when all we heard is how we got 'our guy' in Losman.

I wonder how many GMs had deals 'in the works' for:

Tom Brady

Terrell Owens

Ray Lewis

Clinton Portis

or

Priest Holmes (who wasn't even drafted!!!)

on draft day?

119682[/snapback]

1) Agreed, but more because he didn't have the NAD to do something about Gilbride and his run&shoot offensive offense. Probably set back more like 2 years.

2) Bledsoe was a very good move AT THE TIME. The other option would have been Jeff Blake, yipee!!!

3) No longer overweight, no longer out of shape, he's at the weight the strength and conditioning coaches want him at. Agreed he hasn't been spectacular but comparing him to BM, who is swiss cheese against speed rushers, has given up more sacks, and is equally maligned by Vikes fans is not a particularly great arguement.

4) Agreed Denney is not starting material, but is quite serviceable in situations and is not your Erik Flowers "bust" type.

5) Posey is unspectacualr, but really didn't cost much at all. No point made here....

6 - (some good things)) Kept Moulds over Wiley. Jennings and Henry and Clements all good value picks. Brain Moorman. Mcgee. The risk he took on McGahee. Stealing a #1 for Price. Evans. Losman (we'll see). Takeo, Fletcher, Milloy. Schoebel (don't forget his outing vs. the Best tackle in football). Sam Adams. Kelsay looking good....

Guest Guest_Ozzy_*

119682[/snapback]

I am OK with TD, most decisions good.

1. Greg Williams - one of the best D coordinators, worth a shot that didnt pan out.

2. Bledsoe - everyone was loving that move, don't say you were'nt one of them. The whole damn town came out to welcome him. NOBODY saw his crappy play coming - except Billichik..

3. Mike Williams - Still have a shot with him - I dont see any other lineman that year bulldozing defenders and we needed Oline help.

4. Denney - 2nd round pick, average player, not a total loss.

5. Posey - We didnt pay him the farm, he doing OK for money - what you want 3 Larence Taylors at LB, keep dreaming.

He also drafted Henry with a late pick and Magahee. Its all on Bledsoe, he had just about the same time to throw as Brady - 3-5 seconds. Brady hit his, Bledsoe sucks. He is washed up. Now they need to act on that. Plain and simple.