Pro Bowl Voting Is A Joke

H2o

What are you talking about? :lol: I'm not talking about the Bills being slighted, I'm talking about a guy who has 5 INT's in 3 games not being on the Pro Bowl ballott. I was just stating the obvious. The only one whining about something here is, well, you. :unsure:

Have to agree, H2O. The plaayer #2 in interceptions isn't on the ProBowl ballot?

I have to wonder if the NFL is using electronic ballots or hanging Chads...

They also have Maybin under the OLB category.

Noticed that too.

Have to agree, H2O. The plaayer #2 in interceptions isn't on the ProBowl ballot?

I have to wonder if the NFL is using electronic ballots or hanging Chads...

That's my point exactly Astro :lol: And in just 3 games. Whitner and Scott have been out for injuries, but still listed. I just find that to be pretty crappy. :unsure:

The entire Probowl is a joke, it is the only thing worst than a Pre-Season Game.

The only reason they have a Probowl is so Players can jack up their salaries IE Jason Peters

Like I said, the entire voting is a joke. But it might have something to do with how bad he is in the run game. One of the reasons we are dead last against the run. He takes far too many bad angles. He will learn and will end up being very good. But he's not quite there yet.

As Tim noted in the pinned thread, those ballots were probably put together before Byrd ever started his first game.

Easy answer: write him in, and vote early and often.

That only reaffirms the ballot being a joke... They put it together after week 3 and are asking for votes in week 7? Wasnt the Pro Bowl meant to be the best players of the season? The whole concept baffles me, it's nothing short of a popularity contest next players will be grabbing camera's and be asking you to text for them to be in the Pro Bowl. Pro Idols is more like it. What a joke.

What are you talking about? B-) I'm not talking about the Bills being slighted, I'm talking about a guy who has 5 INT's in 3 games not being on the Pro Bowl ballott. I was just stating the obvious. The only one whining about something here is, well, you. :lol:

I hear ya, the guy has looked great the past few games, but a few games does not make a pro-bowl season. Let's see if it is sustained. This is only recent. The ballot was probably prepared before he even went on his hot steak for all we know.

That only reaffirms the ballot being a joke... They put it together after week 3 and are asking for votes in week 7? Wasnt the Pro Bowl meant to be the best players of the season? The whole concept baffles me, it's nothing short of a popularity contest next players will be grabbing camera's and be asking you to text for them to be in the Pro Bowl. Pro Idols is more like it. What a joke.

You weren't around then, of course. But back in the day, the Bills sent out mass e-mails on behalf of Sam Cowart's Pro Bowl campaign -- even one from his mother. Linked directly to the ballot, the whole thing.

Worked, too.

Like I said, the entire voting is a joke. But it might have something to do with how bad he is in the run game. One of the reasons we are dead last against the run. He takes far too many bad angles. He will learn and will end up being very good. But he's not quite there yet.

He looked pretty good against the run vs. the Panthers.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot/sweeps/confirm

It is true my friends. You can filter the selection by team and Byrd is not even listed at FS, only Whitner. :lol:

The Bills haven't been part of the conversation in the NFL in over 10 years. In most things, people forget you when you suck, the Bills and Buffalo have been forgotten. Left behind.

Does it even matter anymore? Especially w/ the way players nowadays skip out of playing in the game and guys who probably don't deserve the honor get it in their place, what exactly does it mean any more to be a "Pro Bowl player"?

Bonus paid to them and (now) useless stat for Hall of Fame voters.