Is Owens Another Bust for the Bills ?

Kenwick

The team has won three ugly games.... Do we have a offense? I can count more players this season who are busts then last year. I believe Owens is one of them. Very little production with a lot of hype and with the money he is getting for what he is doing is a crime. The real bust is the front office who have not produced a playoff team in 10 years running. I am sure the readers can come up with a current list of Bills busts for this season.

Yet a win is a win, only there are not enough of them to get us in the playoffs which was their goal starting the season for remember, all the coaches and some of the front office people jobs are on the line. Winning is everything. Bills fans are upset up with all this mediocre play and the front office excepting it.

The team has won three ugly games.... Do we have a offense? I can count more players this season who are busts then last year. I believe Owens is one of them. Very little production with a lot of hype and with the money he is getting for what he is doing is a crime. The real bust is the front office who have not produced a playoff team in 10 years running. I am sure the readers can come up with a current list of Bills busts for this season.

Yet a win is a win, only there are not enough of them to get us in the playoffs which was their goal starting the season for remember, all the coaches and some of the front office people jobs are on the line. Winning is everything. Bills fans are upset up with all this mediocre play and the front office excepting it.

I wouldn't apply that word to describe his non-productive performance. The word bust is generally associated with mistakes by the FO (true in this case) in picking a player who did not have the skills as advertised or scouted (Owens does seem to have the skill set of a likely future HOF player in the declining years of his career).

Mike Williams was a classic bust as he never showed the desire to apply his skills. Owens however has not been a classic bust as though the results are horrible, they seem to be more easily attributed to the Bills having such a bad Noffense that they fired the OC just before the start of the season.

Owens really has played like a rational person would expect (not that we fans are rational. He has drawn double teams which really have given Evans one on one coverage he never got last year. He is far from perfect and each game he has a bad drop or two as he has throughout his career. He actually has far exceeded expectations of those who stupidly thought he would be an immediate cancer (Owens MO has clearly been he is a great teammate his first year and saves melting down and dividing the team until his later years after he has won the allegiance of some teammates and some fans).

Bust is also a word I do not think it is smart to apply to him as just as a rookie needs 3 seasons before one rationally judges him, one should clearly wait at least half a season (and a few games more likely) before one can declare him a bust.

So the basic answers are find a term that applies better and wait a couple of weeks at least before you apply it if you want to be accurate (though there is no expectation that as a fan you would be rational and folks like Jerry Sullivan and WGR make their nickels by jumping the gun and declaring him a cancer even before the takes the field.

Blame Owens for what?

Because the team has no front office, HC, or a real NFL coaching staff? No OL, no QB?

You can use the bust word, but if you must point to a player, go point the finger at Maybin. You wanna talk bust, I knew it from the get go. He had Mike Mamula, Vernon Gholston written all over him.

Blame Owens for what?

Because the team has no front office, HC, or a real NFL coaching staff? No OL, no QB?

You can use the bust word, but if you must point to a player, go point the finger at Maybin. You wanna talk bust, I knew it from the get go. He had Mike Mamula, Vernon Gholston written all over him.

Seven games into his career, and we've seen all the evidence to indicate that he'll never amount to anything, eh? Defensive ends don't need a "real NFL coaching staff" to reach their potential, I suppose.

The Owens signing did exactly what it was intended to do long before TO ever set foot in Buffalo. Sell tickets. So no way can you call his signing a bust.

He is definitely not a bust financially for both Ralph and Owens. Productivity on the field could be considered a bust, even though as stated before he does work as somewhat of a threat/decoy which helps the rest of the offense.

The Owens signing did exactly what it was intended to do long before TO ever set foot in Buffalo. Sell tickets. So no way can you call his signing a bust.

Agree 100% ... TO was not signed to play football ... he was signed to sell tickets and has done his job well.