Objective look at both

Alphadawg7

Curious to what answers will come up here with this question. I posed it another thread but it got lost in the shuffle. It pretty clear just about everyone thinks they both suck and we need a QB...but we are stuck with them both until the end of the season, so in the meantime:

1. What does Trent do better than Fitz?

2. What does Fitz do better than Trent?

3. Given your answers to 1 and 2, who do you feel gives us a better chance to win right now?

1. Checking the ball down, and taking sacks.

2. Spreading the field and distributing the ball to the WR core (not always pretty). Avoiding pressure and sacks.

3. Fitzpatrick is not as predictable, and somewhat keeps the defense from guessing. He is not afraid to throw the ball and make a play, which he has so far. As pathetic as our offense is, we have a much better chance of moving the ball and scoring with Fitzpatrick at the helm.

1. What does Trent do better than Fitz? Trent is more accurate and has a stronger arm/throws better deep balls, and can check down like no other

2. What does Fitz do better than Trent? Fitz has better pocket presence, a little better mobility, and seems to throw to our receivers and throw to the middle of the field (which Edwards can't do)

3. Given your answers to 1 and 2, who do you feel gives us a better chance to win right now? I wish I could say Fitz, but we only put up 167 yards of offense yesterday. I'd honestly prefer to see Hamdan.

1- Trent may be more accurate, but could this be only because Trent has gone through more reps with the starters than Fitz?? Possibly... I really can't think of anything else.

2- WAYYYYYY More zip on the ball... i really think this is HUGE. You don't see many successful QBs throwing floaters constantly like trent seems to do.

2a- Gets the ball thrown quicker..

3- Fitz. The two reasons i listed above say it all IMO. You can't check every receiver every play then check down and be successful.. It will result in sacks and 3 and outs.

1. Trent is more physically talented. In general, he throws a prettier ball and is more accurate with his passes. When playing behind a strong OL that would give him the time necessary to make his natural progressions, I believe Trent would be more likely to make bigger plays.

2. Fitz has better intangibles. He has shown better pocket awareness and is more willing to try to get the ball to his receivers. These last 2 games provide a small sample size, but Fitz also appears to play better in the clutch. Part of that may be because Fitz seems more unflappable under duress. The odd thing is that when Trent took over for JP, it seemed as though these very same things were HIS strengths. I still have to wonder if that concussion last year didn't rob him of some of this.

Right now, given the patchwork OL the Bills have, I would be inclined to ride with Fitzpatrick. I believe that starting him this week and reevaluating during the bye week (as appears to be Jauron's plan) is the prudent move.

Fitz has better intangibles. He has shown better pocket awareness and is more willing to try to get the ball to his receivers. These last 2 games provide a small sample size, but Fitz also appears to play better in the clutch. Part of that may be because Fitz seems more unflappable under duress. The odd thing is that when Trent took over for JP, it seemed as though these very same things were HIS strengths. I still have to wonder if that concussion last year didn't rob him of some of this.

I'm on the other side here... When Trent took over for JP i remember being a bit troubled that the bills were only getting down the field with short passes. i was somewhat content that the stupid plays JP was making seemed to have disappeared, so i think i kind of let it go.

IMO, teams became wise to trent's style of play and have shut it down... as shown in the pre-season and the games he's played in the reg season

Curious to what answers will come up here with this question. I posed it another thread but it got lost in the shuffle. It pretty clear just about everyone thinks they both suck and we need a QB...but we are stuck with them both until the end of the season, so in the meantime:

1. What does Trent do better than Fitz?

2. What does Fitz do better than Trent?

3. Given your answers to 1 and 2, who do you feel gives us a better chance to win right now?

1. Not much.

2. Not a whole lot.

3. Neither.