TO is done, stick a fork in him

In fairness to TO, it's not like the passes were right on target yesterday.

Com' on I was starting to think Fitzy was the franchise savior! I mean if you watch the highlight reel on TWOBILLSDRIVE.COM the 2 passes to Lee were outstanding...

Oh wait those were the only two good ones from the whole game? Whatever.

This is the DJ Prescription:

1. Insert the newest QB that shows some flashes of competence

2. watch him have a decent run and win some games ultimately leading to a 7-9 year and a QB squabble

3. insert him as the Bills perminant starting QB

4. Ride him until he gets so beat up he crumbles due to lack of line, offensive creativity, coaching, etc.

5. Nickname him capitain dump-off, check down, tackling dummy or statue...

6. Sign a mediocre back up or draft a late round rookie

7. repeat step 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are nuts. Every week you can see WRs on any team making tougher catches on off target balls. TO has given up. He wants everyone to blame his QB---that's his MO.

Hey, has anybody asked Romo and the Cowboys how much they miss TO? Replaced and forgotten.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

This has not been Owens MO. In all three of the teams he has been with the TO MO has been to be gain the favor of a chunk of the lockeroom by being a stand-up guy initially and to gain the adoration of many fans with his likely HOF level play.

It has then occurred in his second or later years that he divides the team with his antics.

If you want to make judgments about TO based on his MO then you should at least get the facts right about how he has operated at each stop in his previous career. If anything, TO has even more incentive to be seen as a good scout for the Bills and his teammates since this is almost certainly a one year stop for him and he will look to acquire one last big contract.

If there are any links you can provide or quotes you can site of TO throwing his fellow Bills under the bus then please site them for us. The worse he has said from what I have seen is when Sully and the media were doing everything they could to bait TO into saying Edwards sucked he would merely recite that he and his teammates ran the plays that were called. Even Jauron was harsher on Edwards who did not do the job that week and Edwards was harsher on himself that his play did not cut it.

Like many of his NFL brethren TO is a preening idiot. Even worse like many of his pro sport huckster comrades from Bill Veeck sending a midget to the plate to TO and his Sharpie he is also a shameless self-promoter. However, it would seem that if someone wants to credibly indict TO then in the past complainants could easily find evidence of this in reality.

In this case however, it has totally been part of the TO MO to be a good guy in his first year and amidst the blather of Sully or folks like you who seem to begging for something to indict him and are quite willing to manufacture their version of reality from everything they see on the field these protesters just come off as whiners as about the only thing TO is doing right now is laying low as he has little to point to in terms of showy accomplishments.

Even though this post is short, it's a good analysis. Remember he made that HUGE leaping catch yesterday? He does still have it.

Actually, had TO put out full effort, he might have been able to do a twisting backflip, allowing him to land facing other way, so that he could race for a TD. Damn that TO. Damn him!

Looks like the haters haven't changed, except for getting more desperate. First it was "he'll destroy the team." Then it was "he's dropping passes," as if that never happened before. Now it's "he's not putting out full effort because he didn't come back for an underthrown ball that even the DB couldn't catch." :thumbsup:

BTW, TO tweeted that he tweaked his knee during the game. But carry on.

Actually, had TO put out full effort, he might have been able to do a twisting backflip, allowing him to land facing other way, so that he could race for a TD. Damn that TO. Damn him!

Looks like the haters haven't changed, except for getting more desperate. First it was "he'll destroy the team." Then it was "he's dropping passes," as if that never happened before. Now it's "he's not putting out full effort because he didn't come back for an underthrown ball that even the DB couldn't catch." :unsure:

BTW, TO tweeted that he tweaked his knee during the game. But carry on.

Are you sure he didn't say that he tweaked his fingers during the game? B-)

Did anyone else notice that Steve Johnson was next to Jauron a lot in the 4th? I played football in HS and when the coach wants you by him it means he wants to get you in the game. Don't think Stevie ever got in because it was a run the clock out situation at that point but don't be surprised if Buffalo gets behind against Houston this weekend if we see Steve get in the game a lot more. TO should strictly be used as a Decoy and jump-ball target only from now on.

Exactly what I was thinking after watching him go half-heartedly after a deep ball and dropping another early in the game. T.d'oh is not giving a full effort and is just playing out the year. I saw him limp off after his failed reverse, which I'd blame more on terrible blocking, but I would have loved to have seen a coach say something to him after the drop and the lack of effort on the other early pass. The only encouraging thing that I saw from owens was him laughing it up with Evans on the sideline after his TD. In my opinion, owens is collecting his check and planning his exit. He makes a play now and then, showing something, but the Bills will never get his full effort. It was never a good fit in Buffalo. owens has behaved, but he has not shown the rest of the NFL that he is worth anywhere close to $6 mil through his play. Bad QB/OL play aside, just catch the damn ball, owens. Enjoy being a decoy.

TO's still got it, but we don't have a capable quarterback to get him the ball. Did you see how open TO was on the bomb fitz threw? For the most part it's our qbs. Evans had his best game of there year and he only had 75 yards receiving.

Basically TO's in a situation now that moss was in when he played for the raiders. If you have an elite receiver but you don't have a qb who can get the ball to him the receiver's going to be unhappy.

That is total B.S.-In 7 games he has had at least 16 balls that either hit his hands, went through his hands, hit his chest or he made absolutely no effort whatsoever to get to the ball. Maybe the best pass Edwards has thrown all season went right through his hands for a sure TD. We don't have great QBs but to say there is nobody to get him the ball, is retarded. That might be the dumbest statement I have ever seen on this board.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

This has not been Owens MO. In all three of the teams he has been with the TO MO has been to be gain the favor of a chunk of the lockeroom by being a stand-up guy initially and to gain the adoration of many fans with his likely HOF level play.

It has then occurred in his second or later years that he divides the team with his antics.

If you want to make judgments about TO based on his MO then you should at least get the facts right about how he has operated at each stop in his previous career. If anything, TO has even more incentive to be seen as a good scout for the Bills and his teammates since this is almost certainly a one year stop for him and he will look to acquire one last big contract.

If there are any links you can provide or quotes you can site of TO throwing his fellow Bills under the bus then please site them for us. The worse he has said from what I have seen is when Sully and the media were doing everything they could to bait TO into saying Edwards sucked he would merely recite that he and his teammates ran the plays that were called. Even Jauron was harsher on Edwards who did not do the job that week and Edwards was harsher on himself that his play did not cut it.

Like many of his NFL brethren TO is a preening idiot. Even worse like many of his pro sport huckster comrades from Bill Veeck sending a midget to the plate to TO and his Sharpie he is also a shameless self-promoter. However, it would seem that if someone wants to credibly indict TO then in the past complainants could easily find evidence of this in reality.

In this case however, it has totally been part of the TO MO to be a good guy in his first year and amidst the blather of Sully or folks like you who seem to begging for something to indict him and are quite willing to manufacture their version of reality from everything they see on the field these protesters just come off as whiners as about the only thing TO is doing right now is laying low as he has little to point to in terms of showy accomplishments.

He has been liked in almost every locker room he has been in, his big mouth aside, he also usually led the NFL in dropped passes almost every year, and this year is no different, maybe even worse.

Whether its lack of effort or not is irrelevant...this dude isn't worth half of the 6.5 we are giving him. Sure, TO is known to drop the ball but when he has the ball he is supposed to be an explosive playmaker...which he clearly is no longer. I can't imagine any GM's being impressed with the tape of TO this season.

Whether its lack of effort or not is irrelevant...this dude isn't worth half of the 6.5 we are giving him. Sure, TO is known to drop the ball but when he has the ball he is supposed to be an explosive playmaker...which he clearly is no longer. I can't imagine any GM's being impressed with the tape of TO this season.

At least they won't have to spend very long watching the highlight reel to make their decision.

I believe a casual observer CAN pick up signs about a player's level of effort. And I don't see consistent signs of effort on TO's part.

For me personally, I'd feel more reassured that TO was giving full effort if I saw him just once, for example, congratulate a teammate who made a good play. I don't think I've seen this yet, expect for when TO might have congratulated TE after Edwards threw him a TD pass. But that doesn't count because he was involved in the play.

Granted, TO has always been a me-first guy and congratulating a teammate is of course not the same as effort, but it does indicate where a guy's head is at.

I haven't seen him say anything to any teammate either after a good play. All you see is him scream and flex his muscles when he actually holds on to a ball (which is rare).