lots of players to trade in the offseason

ishouldbegm

whitner(hes not better than scott,byrd or wilson)

parrish

trent edwards

we could probably get a 2nd for them(maybe more) in a package in the offseason

Edwards has zero value and Parrish has driven his into the ground. Why so eager to trade Whitner for a draft pick? Wouldn't we gain the most by keeping him around and letting them all compete for the job? Then, when the injury bug strikes us hard again next year (as it has for most of the decade), we'll have some good depth.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you should not be GM.

Not knowing what to do with Whitner is a great problem to have. Like POZ, our defense plays better when he's in there. Interesting to see what unfolds when he and Scott are both healthy. But trade him? You're crazy.

Edwards is a great backup, no need to get rid of him.

And finally, quick update: NOBODY wants Parrish, at least not with his current contract. There will be no trading of Roscoe Parrish. I'd **** myself if the FO could pull that one off.

parrish

trent edwards

none are worth a 2nd, combined not a 2nd.

stay with TE even as a backup. whitner at SS with byrd would be gerat. parrish is worth nothing better than a 6th. should have traded him last year

parrish

trent edwards

Scott is an FA after this season and in my opinion is gone, that is why Byrd was drafted. Also, i'm not sure there are alot of teams in the market for a backup QB, a punt returner, and a decent yet unspectacular safety for a 2nd round pick.

this thread should be closed for stupidity

Dear [fill in team's name],

I am the general manager of the Buffalo Bills. We have finished 7-9 for the last ten years. Would you care to trade for some of the players who helped us achieve such persistent mediocrity but whom we no longer need as we try to improve, such as Trent Edwards, Roscoe Parrish, and Donte Whitner? We'll take a high 2nd round pick. Thank you.

Yours very truly,

Russ Brandon

There's no market for Trent; there's no market for Roscoe. We could not trade either of those players to any team in the NFL for anything.

I agree Whitner should lose his job - I also agree with others that you keep him on the team for depth. He's not that bad :lol:

Trent, on the other hand, should be outright cut in the offseason. He's not an NFL QB. Sorry.

Not sure what to do with Roscoe. I guess keep him around and see what happens next year. Maybe he'll wise up.

How may Bills could actually net more than a 3-5 pick?

I would retain all the DTs not named McCargo. Denney and McCargo are likely gone at the end of the year. If some team offered a 2 for Schobel in the off season, I'd do it to get younger and save cash. Kelsay is worthless in terms of return.

The Linebackers are poor; journeymen, in development (Harris, Palmer) or worse. If Poz is your best, what would he net? A fifth?

McGee, McKelvin, and Florence are keepers. I like Corner and Yourbooty for depth. Wilson is a role player. Byrd is a good prospect. Whitner is ok, but in a salary dump what would you get for him (a 4?). Scott won't be around.

Offensively Evans is your best currency. I cringe every time I see him play with the knowledge that his career (as moulds) is lost in the post-Kelly Buffalo receiver vaccuum. His talent is largely wasted. What would be had for him? A 2nd? Marshawn might get a 3rd. After that, who else would even generate a pick? Parrish? A 7th?

Denney and Schobel need to be put on the block. Despite what they may have done in the past, I see nothing wrong with putting them on the trading block and getting actual pass rushers instead of light weights

WTF - Schobel has been the defensive MVP this year....Denney is horse shat but with Maybin being better suited to play LB they need him for the DE rotation.

There's no market for Trent; there's no market for Roscoe. We could not trade either of those players to any team in the NFL for anything.

I agree Whitner should lose his job - I also agree with others that you keep him on the team for depth. He's not that bad :w00t:

Trent, on the other hand, should be outright cut in the offseason. He's not an NFL QB. Sorry.

Not sure what to do with Roscoe. I guess keep him around and see what happens next year. Maybe he'll wise up.

I bet we could sell Trent to a SF or another team that runs the West Coast, on the West Coast. Maybe for no more than a 4th but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

I bet we could sell Trent to a SF or another team that runs the West Coast, on the West Coast. Maybe for no more than a 4th but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Alex Smith came off the bench and threw 3 TDs. They don't need a back-up QB.

what did we get for ko? a 5th?6th?

so you guys are telling me no one would give up a 3rd from whitner? and if trent is healthy he would net a 3rd imo, parrish could prolly get a 5-6th

That is exactly what everyone is telling you. Nobody is going to give you anything for Edwards, he has done nothing but regress. Parrish might get you a 6th, Whitner maybe a 5th but why would you want to trade him. Our entire Defensive Backfield has been hurt, why would you deal away depth at a position we can't stay healthy?

WTF - Schobel has been the defensive MVP this year....Denney is horse shat but with Maybin being better suited to play LB they need him for the DE rotation.

I agree, the Defense end position has probably been the most productive position on the team this season, with the exception of Maybin, who at this point has been a total waste. The only time you heard his name yesterday was on a stupid roughing the passer call, that was a good call, just a dumb play. Schobel is all the way back, probably our best defensive player and Kelsey has been good also. As far as Denney he has been alright at least for depth at the position, or until Maybin pans out.