Potential QB Controversy--Fitzpatrick over Edwards

AF88Bills

If Fitzpatric has a breakout game and just blows us all away, would you say we have a QB controversy on our hands? I'm just wondering if Fitzpattric brings a spark, one that has been lacking since last year, DJ might have to make a tough decision regarding his starting QB.

If Fitzpatric has a breakout game and just blows us all away, would you say we have a QB controversy on our hands? I'm just wondering if Fitzpattric brings a spark, one that has been lacking since last year, DJ might have to make a tough decision regarding his starting QB.

There is no tough decision-Trent is probably out until after the bye. If Fitzpatrick wins the next 2 games, he's the starter-not just this game, but he must continue to play well against Houston. By the way, hitting 40%, like he did against the Jets and winning the game because the Jets coach out-buffooned Jauron doesn't instill a lot of confidence that Fitzpatrick will blow us away two weeks in a row to win the job. He's much more likely to just blow, than to blow us away.

There is no tough decision-Trent is probably out until after the bye. If Fitzpatrick wins the next 2 games, he's the starter-not just this game, but he must continue to play well against Houston. By the way, hitting 40%, like he did against the Jets and winning the game because the Jets coach out-buffooned Jauron doesn't instill a lot of confidence that Fitzpatrick will blow us away two weeks in a row to win the job. He's much more likely to just blow, than to blow us away.

Given that Fitz didn't have the week to practice and prepare as the starter, had 3 rookies and a 2nd year player protecting him, was on the road in a cold and windy game, and was facing a pretty good secondary, I don't think you can put too much stock in the 40% passing, or his overall performance in general. In his 12 starts, 13 games, and 372 throws last year with the Bengals, he was 59.4% passing. If he does well, he's the starter. If he does poorly, it's Hamdan time.

If Fitz comes in and kicks butt the job should be his to lose. Trent has not done enough to be an entrenched starter imo. If Fitz does little,as I expect,Trent gets to finish the season. I think we will be in the market for a QB this off-season.