Buffalo Bills against the run..

San-O

And 32'nd with a 5.3 yrds/attempt also.

:rolleyes:

What the heck happened? And don't tell me it's because of Poz being out.

Bills the only team giving up 5 + yards/attempt. This is barely an NFL defense against the run.

Stats are a bit skewed after two monster rushes last week.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1

You're right. They're probably only Tampa Bay bad, or maybe Cleveland bad against the run.

On the other hand, going up against Carolina this weekend, if the Bills were to give up 300 yards rushing, that

would put the yards/game average up about 198 yards / game.

we need a few more CB's on the field, their speed will make up for their small stature and stop the run adequately

Well, DJ will hopefully be gone after this year and the Bills can stop drafting Dbs like 5 year olds goes through Pez.

But what has happened against the run?

Stats are a bit skewed after two monster rushes last week.

Not that much. Go ahead and subract those two runs and see what you get. They are brutal against the run, regardless. Unless the 183 yards and 5+ YPC the Jets got ANYWAY isn't brutal.

GO BILLS!!!

Bills the only team giving up 5 + yards/attempt. This is barely an NFL defense against the run.

Poz, Mitchell, Whitner, Scott coupled with smallish inexperienced replacements and the offense not doing its part in T.O.P., it all adds up.

Perry Fool is the best Defensive Coordinator the Bills have ever had and he meets the minority criteria so he must be awesome.

It's time to clean house from top to bottom here. Enough said.

This has been a long time coming. I think having the second smallest team in the NFL has a lot to do with it. When we draft 240 DEs (Maybin), and 215 lb LBs, and don't draft stud D linemen for depth, we're bound to get run over. The picks of witner over Ngata a couple of years ago or Maybin over Orakpo are two examples that some to mind.

Like someone said above, we do have good DB depth for when running backs that make it the second level.

The problem with the run defense? I don't know, maybe a bunch of injuries at LB'er and S? Just a hunch. Unfortunately the offense hasn't come to play in any of the last 4 games, although the team managed to win one.

The problem with the run defense? I don't know, maybe a bunch of injuries at LB'er and S? Just a hunch. Unfortunately the offense hasn't come to play in any of the last 4 games, although the team managed to win one.

I would agree about the offense statement...but totally disagree with teh injuries at LB and safety statement. LBs and safeties will only look as good as the linemend in front of them. If tackles aren't eating up blockers and DE's aren't creating havoc, Ray Lewis in his prime isn't going to stop a good run game.

I would agree about the offense statement...but totally disagree with teh injuries at LB and safety statement. LBs and safeties will only look as good as the linemend in front of them. If tackles aren't eating up blockers and DE's aren't creating havoc, Ray Lewis in his prime isn't going to stop a good run game.

Well, I'd rather see Mitchell, Whitner, and Scott back in there and starting. I do like the potential of the younger guys, but they're not there yet.

Something I like to call "The Keith Ellison Effect"

Aka the worst line backing football has ever seen.

What I don't like is that we've given up 54 rushing first downs, just one better than the worst-in-the-league Browns. Rushing first downs are really the sign of us getting beat where it counts, all the more painful because our pass defense is playing really well (or at least, is simply blessed by opponents like Byron Leftwich, Derek Anderson, and Mark Sanchez)

What I don't like is that we've given up 54 rushing first downs, just one better than the worst-in-the-league Browns. Rushing first downs are really the sign of us getting beat where it counts, all the more painful because our pass defense is playing really well (or at least, is simply blessed by opponents like Byron Leftwich, Derek Anderson, and Mark Sanchez)

The pass defense played great against Brees. It's been the inability of the offense to generate anything good, and more often than not generate things that are bad, that's put the team in a bad situation. And the ST's haven't helped matters any.