At least we have our first round pick . . . .

Peter

OOOOPS.

That pick is looking more and more like a top 5 pick.

It is funny how much heat Parcells took for the trade last Spring. He is looking like a genius again.

Why is it that whenever we run into Parcells or Belichick, we end up being heart broken.

Belichick is a genius and has made us look plain foolish.

Last night's game was about as bad as it gets. The only thing that could have made it worse would have been if it had been a playoff/superbowl game.

Ugly!!!

I would say embarrasing. I remember a few years back when we played the 49ers on a Sunday night, we lost 38-0 or something like that. Back in 2001 we had a brand new team. This year we have an experienced team with some key veterans. It sure is frusturating with all the individual talent this team has.

OOOOPS.

It is funny how much heat Parcells took for the trade last Spring.  He is looking like a genius again.

Why is it that whenever we run into Parcells or Belichick, we end up being heart broken.

Belichick is a genius and has made us look plain foolish. 

Last night's game was about as bad as it gets.  The only thing that could have made it worse would have been if it had been a playoff/superbowl game.

Ugly!!!

118763[/snapback]

Parcells has coached his 10-6 team from last year into a top-five pick team itself, mainly because he has no running game.

He could have had the best running back in the draft, Steven Jackson, but he traded his first round pick to the Bills.

Parcells probably sacrificed this season to make that trade. Genius? Hardly.

Uh, dude... that pick is actually J.P. Losman...who is about to be named the starter and when he actually helps the Bills win half of their remaining games, that pick will a number 12. If Bledsoe stays in at QB, it guarantees the pick will be a top 5 pick.

The question is this.... what if we hadn't made the trade with Dallas for the pick to select J P Losman....

1) who should the bills select? (I'm not sold on Ortman)

2) do you know anyone on this planet that trusts Teflon Tom with a number 5 pick???

I'm not sure why this keeps coming up.

Having a high first round draft choice is historically NOWHERE near the coup people like it to be. More often than not, the player doesn't contribute to his salary number until the 3rd year of his contract. Almost half of the time, they never do.

I'm much happier having the cap room that'll be available to sign proven veteran players who will contribute immediately in positions of obvious need than take a chance on a rookie who may very well end up being the "best player available" like a Willis McGahee.

Uh, dude... that pick is actually J.P. Losman...who is about to be named the starter and when he actually helps the Bills win half of their remaining games, that pick will a number 12.  If Bledsoe stays in at QB, it guarantees the pick will be a top 5 pick. 

The question is this.... what if we hadn't made the trade with Dallas for the pick to select J P Losman....

1) who should the bills select? (I'm not sold on Ortman)

2) do you know anyone on this planet that trusts Teflon Tom with a number 5 pick???

118854[/snapback]

I like the kid from Cal.

Having a high first round draft choice is historically NOWHERE near the coup people like it to be.  More often than not, the player doesn't contribute to his salary number until the 3rd year of his contract.  Almost half of the time, they never do.

I'm much happier having the cap room that'll be available to sign proven veteran players who will contribute immediately in positions of obvious need than take a chance on a rookie who may very well end up being the "best player available" like a Willis McGahee.

118867[/snapback]

Read = Mike Williams (ROT - not the WR)

As one example.  There are plenty of others.

118882[/snapback]

The question will become whether JP will be worth a top five pick.

I hope that the answer is yes. We shall see.

The advantage of a top pick is that can always get a lot for it in a trade. Plus, if you have a conviction about someone, you are in the position to get that person.

It always is a crapshoot. That is the nature of the beast.

Parcells "genius" days are long gone. The Cowboys look more pathetic than the Bills.

The whole #1 Draft Pick argument has been repeated ad nauseum. We needed a QB to replace DB and he is already here. Bills need to target some PROVEN NFL PLAYERS in March Free Agency. Trade Henry and get another pick on draft day ( maybe a third rounder ) and concentrate on improving the roster.

Having a high first round draft choice is historically NOWHERE near the coup people like it to be.  More often than not, the player doesn't contribute to his salary number until the 3rd year of his contract.  Almost half of the time, they never do.

118867[/snapback]

It keeps coming up because your contention that teams would rather not have high selections in the draft has never been borne out with an actual team making a trade where they intentionally give away a high pick for a lower one in order to avoid paying the salary and clear their cap for veterans. It has never happened. It's a reasonable theory but I don't see how you can sell it when no team has actually acted on it yet.

The draft pick if nothing else gives the team more flexibility, and there is a rookie salary cap.

Parcells "genius" days are long gone. The Cowboys look more pathetic than the Bills.

The whole #1 Draft Pick argument has been repeated ad nauseum. We needed a QB to replace DB and he is already here. Bills need to target some PROVEN NFL PLAYERS in March Free Agency. Trade Henry and get another pick on draft day ( maybe a third rounder ) and concentrate on improving the roster.

118901[/snapback]

Parcells did pretty well with the Cowboys last year.

I dare say the Cowpokes will be better than the Bills next year.

I hope that you are correct about JP being the man etc.

Yet, some people thought he was a reach where we picked him. Will he be worth a top five pick.

Again, I hope the answer is yes. Yet, the only way he (or anyone else) is going to succeed is if we do something about our piss poor line.

It keeps coming up because your contention that teams would rather not have high selections in the draft has never been borne out with an actual team making a trade where they intentionally give away a high pick for a lower one in order to avoid paying the salary and clear their cap for veterans. It has never happened. It's a reasonable theory but I don't see how you can sell it when no team has actually acted on it yet.

The draft pick if nothing else gives the team more flexibility, and there is a rookie salary cap.

118909[/snapback]

There are a variety of reasons why teams don't do it - doesn't make it smart. The rookie cap barely affects the early first rounders and the length of their contracts is the biggest killer in the endgame if they don't pan out.

If JP ends up being a serviceable QB (we won't know for a few seasons), the cap room we save between his $5.6 million bonus and the $14 or so million a top five pick would command will look VERY good.

Parcells did pretty well with the Cowboys last year.

I dare say the Cowpokes will be better than the Bills next year.

I hope that you are correct about JP being the man etc.

Yet, some people thought he was a reach where we picked him.  Will he be worth a top five pick.

Again, I hope the answer is yes.  Yet, the only way he (or anyone else) is going to succeed is if we do something about our piss poor line.

118920[/snapback]

Who remembers last year ? Tell that to the Cowboy fans. They passed on RB Steven Jackson and gave us the opportunity to draft Losman. The Cowboys have zero running game and look terrible.

I never said JP was " The Man " ?? I said we needed a QB to replace Bledsoe and JP was drafted with that in mind. We need to play him before passing judgment. He's already here, signed and learning. Hopefully starting soon.

I hope Free Agency brings us some Offensive Lineman and a Free Safety.

Parcells passes on Steven Jackson-future superstar

TD pulls a coup and jumps ahead of Green Bay and snags a talented QB with huge potential.

Dallas has zero running game and is a poor football team.

Buffalo is on the up and up. Our rookie QB gets to get reps in this year and will have that experience to build on for 2005. Not to mention we do not need to tie up money for a first round pick. It frees up cap space to sign a proven veteran.

TD kicked Parcells ass on that one!

Parcells passes on Steven Jackson-future superstar

TD pulls a coup and jumps ahead of Green Bay and snags a talented QB with huge potential.

Dallas has zero running game and is a poor football team.

Buffalo is on the up and up.  Our rookie QB gets to get reps in this year and will have that experience to build on for 2005.  Not to mention we do not need to tie up money for a first round pick.  It frees up cap space to sign a proven veteran.

TD kicked Parcells ass on that one!

118961[/snapback]

There is absolutely no way you can draw that conclusion until we see who is available with our former pick in the 2005 draft.

Who remembers last year ? Tell that to the Cowboy fans. They passed on RB Steven Jackson and gave us the opportunity to draft Losman. The Cowboys have zero running game and look terrible.

I never said JP was " The Man " ??  I said we needed a QB to replace Bledsoe and JP was drafted with that in mind. We need to play him before passing judgment. He's already here, signed and learning. Hopefully starting soon.

I hope Free Agency brings us some Offensive Lineman and a Free Safety.

118939[/snapback]

He sure as s**t better be the man. If not, we will have spent three number ones on QBs that did not take us where we all want to be.