Why you don't want a Rex Ryan type coach.

billsfan89

Marvin Lewis

Mike Nolan

Rex Ryan

C.Biscuit

All of these guys were or could be stud DC with the defensive talent in Baltimore. If anything, Ozzie Newsome is the mastermind of that defense. How hard is it to coach Lewis and Reed?

We'll see what Ryan is made up of without Jenkins. Jauron has had more than his share of key injuries. And his scheme worked against the PAts* and the Sts failed him. His schemes worked agaisnt NO & Cle and the offense failed him.

Obviously DJ deserves blame for the failings of the team, but in his specialty of defense, he has IMO done a really good job minus one game.

I don't think Rex Ryan is a good coach (At least not at this moment maybe down the road after all this is his first head coaching job) but I think he is slightly better than DJ. DJ has had 8 plus years of coaching experience and continues to make bone head moves and get out coached. DJ's teams don't really play that disciplined (See the Cleveland game) and they don't beat winning teams.

Rex Ryan isn't a good head coach but he does have a good defensive scheme that is better then DJ's soft Tampa 2. Either way its a moot point; my point was that the Bills need a guy who is passionate and instills discipline into his team rather than a guy who is going to just yell a lot at his players.

Is DJ better than Ryan who cares because if DJ is better its not by much which is sad because Ryan is a rookie head coach and DJ has been in the league for a while.

How do we know Ryan is a better coach than Jauron at this point? It's pretty silly if you ask me considering Jauron is 1-0 against him.

And if we had a better players, especially a QB, Jauron approach would work. I have no doubts he won't be 6-0 with the Colts right now. Cladwell was a losing college coach and had a 26-63 record. Yet, he is undefeated in the pros.

If the season fails, DJ deserves the blame because he selected the players and QB. But bottomline, there's isn't jsut one approach that works. The key is to find the right one for your team, and more importantly IMO, the right palyers.

Because he simply cannot be worse than the worst coach in football, or else Ryan himself would be the worst coach in football, which he is not, because Jauron is. Confused?

But being serious, Rex Ryans team beat the Pats in his first try, something that Jauron has not been able to do. His team was 10 seconds away from beating Miami on Monday night, while Jaurons was manhandled by Miami. Vrs Buffalo, Ryans team allowed 13 points in regulation, ran for over 300 yards, threw 5 interceptions, and only lost because of a botched FG snap - which ironically resulted in another interception. Somehow I think his gameplan didnt included 6 picks and a botched FG snap.

Man love? Go screw yourself. There's your man love. :thumbsup:

And Ryan looks a lot like Jauron lately (except out weighing him by 300 lbs) and has a losing record to DJ. But he yells and is good when being miked up so he must be a good coach. :censored:

The point is why do you continue to defend Jauron in the face of overwhelming information that he is not qualified to be head coach an NFL team? This goes way beyond simply his won - loss record which is ugly enough on its own. It goes to choice of staff, schemes, players (yeah he does not decide alone but he has input), development of team culture etc, etc.

For example, Keeping JP Losman last year as a backup QB, failing to pursue better line talent and this year not agressively pursuing bigger LB's an failing to hire a qualified OC after last season are indicative of really poor decisions that he has made either exclusively or had strong influence over.

I know he does not stand alone but how you can continue to defend him is beyond me.

I just think that Ryan from his limited work as Jets coach and DC from the Ravens has a better defensive grasp of the game. I mean when was the last time you could think of DJ out scheming a teams offense? I think a more soft spoken approach works (Tony Dungy) but this team needs a guy who is more harder edged (usually you bring in a disciplinarian after a players coach).

But yeah each situation is different and different approaches are needed for each situation.

We have fielded a pretty competitive defense with inferior players to the rest of the league for the last four years. I think Jauron and Fewell have a pretty good grasp

The point is why do you continue to defend Jauron in the face of overwhelming information that he is not qualified to be head coach an NFL team? This goes way beyond simply his won - loss record which is ugly enough on its own. It goes to choice of staff, schemes, players (yeah he does not decide alone but he has input), development of team culture etc, etc.

For example, Keeping JP Losman last year as a backup QB, failing to pursue better line talent and this year not agressively pursuing bigger LB's an failing to hire a qualified OC after last season are indicative of really poor decisions that he has made either exclusively or had strong influence over.

I know he does not stand alone but how you can continue to defend him is beyond me.

What qualifies you to judge that more than anyone else. And we have fired plenty of OC's the last few years that have performed very well in real football towns. Don't blame Jauron for personnel aquisition- that is a front office job

Because he simply cannot be worse than the worst coach in football, or else Ryan himself would be the worst coach in football, which he is not, because Jauron is. Confused?

But being serious, Rex Ryans team beat the Pats in his first try, something that Jauron has not been able to do. His team was 10 seconds away from beating Miami on Monday night, while Jaurons was manhandled by Miami. Vrs Buffalo, Ryans team allowed 13 points in regulation, ran for over 300 yards, threw 5 interceptions, and only lost because of a botched FG snap - which ironically resulted in another interception. Somehow I think his gameplan didnt included 6 picks and a botched FG snap.

Well, Mr. Selective- Ryan had his team do all those nice things against us, but the turnovers had nothing to do with our coaching. Get your head out of the sand

Yes, but C.Biscuit will be among the first out there cheering on the next head coach as the latest great move by his team. :cry:

Don't blame Jauron for personnel aquisition- that is a front office job

You don't know what you are talking about. Personnel is a collaborative effort for every NFL team and the head coach has a say in shaping the direction of the team in terms of players from those brought in to those that leave.

I have never once said Jauron was a great or elite coach. I've just said he is a hell of lot better than people give him credit for. for the most part, I believe players are much more important than coaching at the NFL. For example, look at Fisher's record without McNair and Belichick's record without Brady.

Yes, but C.Biscuit will be among the first out there cheering on the next head coach as the latest great move by his team. :rolleyes:

You don't know what you are talking about. Personnel is a collaborative effort for every NFL team and the head coach has a say in shaping the direction of the team in terms of players from those brought in to those that leave.

If Jauron is given too much power, it is due to the dysfunctional nature of the organization. We don't need to get rid of Jauron- we need change at the very top (president of Operations) and if that person wants a new coach, that is fine. I am against just bringing in a new coach to lose int he same environment