White House Press Strategy

Magox

Hey R.I, I found your sig to be quite interesting

to announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonable to the American public."

You should write your master and his advisors and send him your sig. Then tell him and his entire staff that you believe he should resign for being "unpatriotic, servile and treasonable to the American public" :wallbash:

I'm curious. Who is this person that is supposed to be my Master?

Last time I checked I was a free man living in a free country, the best in the world. Did I miss a revolution?

My sig has an interesting origin. I dates back to 2003 when anyone who dared to question the wisdom of invading Iraq here on PPP was called an unpatriotic commie, or a traitor, and told in so many words "this is America, Love it or Leave it."

It seems the pendulum has swung just a little since those days.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the pendulum has swung just a little since those days.

It certainly has, now the question is, do you still believe in that message from Teddy R.?

or was that just suppose to be for the previous administration?

It certainly has, now the question is, do you still believe in that message from Teddy R.?

or was that just suppose to be for the previous administration?

Of course I still believe in it.

And I also believe that those doing the criticizing open themselves up for criticism when they make the decision to actively oppose the positions and policies of the administration in power (Meaning again, that this applies equally to current, past, and future administrations).

Wouldn't you agree?

Of course I still believe in it.

And I also believe that those doing the criticizing open themselves up for criticism when they make the decision to actively oppose the positions and policies of the administration in power (Meaning again, that this applies equally to current, past, and future administrations).

Wouldn't you agree?

Of course it does, but that is besides the point, this administration is demonizing so many industries and News Networks for opposing their views that it makes your sig in this thread a bit ironic, don't ya think?

Of course it does, but that is besides the point, this administration is demonizing so many industries and News Networks for opposing their views that it makes your sig in this thread a bit ironic, don't ya think?

Which Industries are you referring to? and News Networks?

From my point of view, which may be slightly different from your's, I haven't seen any demonizing. I have seen a Network that openly admits that it exists to champion a particular viewpoint being called out for the methods it uses to champion it's chosen cause. And I have seen certain decisions made by people in certain industries which may or may not (Depending on the political preferences of the observer) have been seen to be politically unwise, called out.

But what I have seen the most of is Politics as Usual, just rotated 180 degrees. And that change in political position doesn't seem to be sitting well with a large number of people who post here.

I'm actually finding most of the hystrionics amusing.

From my point of view, which may be slightly different from your's, I haven't seen any demonizing. I have seen a Network that openly admits that it exists to champion a particular viewpoint being called out for the methods it uses to champion it's chosen cause. And I have seen certain decisions made by people in certain industries which may or may not (Depending on the political preferences of the observer) have been seen to be politically unwise, called out.

But what I have seen the most of is Politics as Usual, just rotated 180 degrees. And that change in political position doesn't seem to be sitting well with a large number of people who post here.

Then you haven't been paying attention. The demonization of anyone (not so much FoxSnooze as corporate America) that will win the Administration political points with the masses is going well and strong.

Just like eight years ago...like you said.

P.S. !@#$ you, squid.

So in other words, you are a hypocrite.

But I will answer your question:

1)Banking industry

2)Wall Street

3)Hedge Funds

4)GM Bond holders

5)Medical Device Makers

6)Health Insurance industry

7)Credit Card Companies

8)Chamber of Commerce

9)Politicians who have opposing views

10)Fox News

Now of course, since you are a hypocrite, you will justify the demonization of each of these examples, because it fits your agenda, but heaven forbid that someone questions and opposes the party you support. What a joke, and you should be embarrassed of your sig and the irony of your response in this thread. :rolleyes:

1)Banking industry

2)Wall Street

3)Hedge Funds

4)GM Bond holders

5)Medical Device Makers

7)Credit Card Companies

8)Chamber of Commerce

10)Fox News

Now of course, since you are a hypocrite, you will justify the demonization of each of these examples, because it fits your agenda, but heaven forbid that someone questions and opposes the party you support. What a joke, and you should be embarrassed of your sig and the irony of your response in this thread. :rolleyes:

3 and 4 are arguably the same. And you forgot auto industry executives themselves.

Then you haven't been paying attention. The demonization of anyone (not so much FoxSnooze as corporate America) that will win the Administration political points with the masses is going well and strong.

Just like eight years ago...like you said.

P.S. !@#$ you, squid.

Oh, I've been paying attention, I just see things thru a slightly different set of filters than some of the stridently vocal posters here on the "dark side."

P.S. Same to you, WannaBe...

1)Banking industry

2)Wall Street

3)Hedge Funds

4)GM Bond holders

5)Medical Device Makers

7)Credit Card Companies

8)Chamber of Commerce

10)Fox News

Let me get this straight.

Because my sig says that it is morally treasonable to stifle dissent in this country, I am a hypocrite because I don't march in lockstep with your political views? Is your world-view now mandatory for universal adoption?

Even for PPP that is some strange logic. Yet I'm the hypocrite?

The rest of your post is nothing but you setting up a straw man, then telling me how you want me to knock it down, apparently so that you can then trumpet that as proof of my agenda...

Why should I bother? I'm having plenty of fun watching you and a few others have semi public conniption fits over anything and everything the current administration does, says, or you think they might possibly say or do in the future.

So you just go on and keep on having fun dissenting, so I can have fun watching you.

I will personally find and beat the **** out of anyone who falls for this bait and feeds this !@#$ing troll.

Operating costs are higher - heavier loads are harder on vehicles. That's probably a very minor difference in cost, though. The most likely reason is because there just aren't that many morbidly obese people. How many 400 lb people do you know? (I'm the heaviest person I know, at 280. The next-heaviest I know is maybe 240). How many do you think get transported to the hospital in an ambulance in Topeka each year?

I think the better question is: why did they retrofit the ambulance to have the capacity to carry a horse? How many 3/4-ton people do they cart around ever year? :rolleyes:

RKFast is so going to get his ass kicked.

Let me get this straight.

Because my sig says that it is morally treasonable to stifle dissent in this country, I am a hypocrite because I don't march in lockstep with your political views? Is your world-view now mandatory for universal adoption?

Even for PPP that is some strange logic. Yet I'm the hypocrite?

The rest of your post is nothing but you setting up a straw man, then telling me how you want me to knock it down, apparently so that you can then trumpet that as proof of my agenda...

Why should I bother? I'm having plenty of fun watching you and a few others have semi public conniption fits over anything and everything the current administration does, says, or you think they might possibly say or do in the future.

So you just go on and keep on having fun dissenting, so I can have fun watching you.

You don't even get it, do you? :rolleyes:

You don't even get it, do you? :rolleyes:

Oh, I "get it" all right. I just don't see any reason to play the game by the totally capricious and arbitrary rules you seem to feel you need to prop up your pile of horse-feathers argument.

You asked a question. I answered the question.

You didn't like my answer so you changed the question. I answered the new question.

You didn't like that answer either, so you attempted to create a straw man argument for me to defend, so that you could mock and berate me for being another stupid liberal. (I'm neither stupid nor a "Liberal" but for the purposes of this thread that doesn't matter) I declined to participate in that stupid and pointless exercise.

Which part are you having trouble understanding? [insert pointless smilie here]

OBTW The real Hipocracy pointed out by this discussion is the idea that anyone who doesn't completely agree with your world-view is a hypocrite.

OBTW The real Hipocracy pointed out by this discussion is the idea that anyone who doesn't completely agree with your world-view is a hypocrite.

Which makes you a hypocrite for not thinking you're a hypocrite... :rolleyes:

For the record: of the many, many, MANY titles I would disparage you with, hypocrite is not one of them.

Which makes you a hypocrite for not thinking you're a hypocrite... :rolleyes:

For the record: of the many, many, MANY titles I would disparage you with, hypocrite is not one of them.

By Jove,Tom, you may have semi-unintentionally discovered the Illogical Fallacy of American Politics!

He who believes himself to be without hypocrisy is the biggest hypocrite of all!

It's just so obvious. And, so self evidently true!

You're a genius!

OBTW If we were to compare lists, I'll bet there's a 90% or better match...

And while Hypocrite isn't on my list either, Parsimonious Anal Retentive Semi-Literate Neo-Primate is.

OBTW If we were to compare lists, I'll bet there's a 90% or better match...

And while Hypocrite isn't on my list either, Parsimonious Anal Retentive Semi-Literate Neo-Primate is.

No doubt.

But I resent that. I'm very literate. I prefer Pedantic Supercilious Anal Orifice, myself.

Have you guys been hearing about this? This is embarrassing, the White House denied access of FOX to interview the Pay Czar Kenneth Feinberg, and when they made this decision, the rest of the networks decided if they followed through with this, they wouldn't participate.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/10/o...to-ban-fox.html

Today the White House stepped up its attack on Fox News, announcing that the network would no longer be able to conduct interviews with officials as a member of the Press Pool. The Pool is a five-member group consisting of ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox News and NBC organized by the White House Correspondents Association. Its membership is not subject to oversight by the government.

Before an interview with "Pay Czar" Kenneth Feinberg, the administration announced that Fox News would be banned from the press pool. This marks the first time in history that an administration had attempted to ban an entire network from the press pool.

To their credit, the other networks objected. They told the White House that if Fox were banned, none of the other networks would participate. The White House relented, but in an apparent act of petulant retaliation, it restricted each network to a two-minute interview instead of the standard five.

un!@#$ingbelievable :censored:

Have you guys been hearing about this? This is embarrassing, the White House denied access of FOX to interview the Pay Czar Kenneth Feinberg, and when they made this decision, the rest of the networks decided if they followed through with this, they wouldn't participate.

In all fairness, now that the recession is over, the economy has recovered, unemployment is at 4%, health care reform is a rousing bipartisan success and Afghanistan is peaceful, what else does this administration have to deal with?