NFL.com highlights...

Big Turk

according to the former player acting as color commentary...

after the main highlight announcer said "and Fitzpatrick manages to do something Trent Edwards hasn't been able to do all year...get Lee Evans the ball...", he said "He's been open all year long..."

Obviously they have a better view of the film than we do, but I think its pretty obvious to anyone that Evans has not all of a sudden turned into a self-check...

after the main highlight announcer said "and Fitzpatrick manages to do something Trent Edwards hasn't been able to do all year...get Lee Evans the ball...", he said "He's been open all year long..."

Obviously they have a better view of the film than we do, but I think its pretty obvious to anyone that Evans has not all of a sudden turned into a self-check...

Putting things in a fantasy geek perspective. I have Evans and will start him if Fitzpatrick starts next week, if Edwards is a go then he will be on the bench. I really think the Bills will not rush Edwards back, this gives them an excuse to see if Fitz can run the offense better. Hard to judge yesterdays performance with the nasty wind, so I think/hope Fitz gets the start this week.

I agree. If you look at the highlight of Fitz to Evans TD Trent would not have thrown him the ball he would have checked down to the 100% open reciever.

but according to the people on this board, lee evans sucks, can't get open, isn't even a #2 receiver, etc...

and i was wondering: does a slant route involve crossing the middle? because according to those same people, all lee evans is good for is the 9(go) route.

I agree. If you look at the highlight of Fitz to Evans TD Trent would not have thrown him the ball he would have checked down to the 100% open reciever.

Noticed that myself. There were multiple checkdown options, Fitzpatrick looked them off and fired a strike to Evans. I almost could not believe my eyes, it was so damn refreshing. Say what you will about Losman (or even Bledsoe), but they both tried to go downfield a lot more than Trent. OF course, neither knew when you should checkdown, whereas Trent has no idea when to throw downfield. Maddening.

but according to the people on this board, lee evans sucks, can't get open, isn't even a #2 receiver, etc...

and i was wondering: does a slant route involve crossing the middle? because according to those same people, all lee evans is good for is the 9(go) route.

The Bills have been so bad for so long that Evans otherwise mediocre game yesterday looks like an act of brilliance.

Ask anyone who has been at the home games this year and there have been a lot of open receivers down the field

Everybody knows that Lee and other receivers have been open. It was highlighted by the guys on AFC Playbook this past week before it was picked up on by Dion and Mariucci.

The people on this board also know it even better than the talking heads.

I really don't know what Fitz is capable of, but I do think that he is likely to make much better use of our skill position players on offence. If nothing else it will give us some insight into what a top QB could accomplish with these resources. Quite a lot I suspect.