Lots of positives

AF88Bills

Folks,

There are many sides and perspectives to this game, but I wanted to point out a few positives.

1. The O-line didn't commit penalties at a break neck pace this game.

2. Jairus Byrd looked like the ball hawk we needed in the secondary. I admit I was down on this pick because of our other needs.

3. I didn't notice anything bad with Jamon Meredeth...usually if you notice a lineman, it's because he's getting beat...so his inconspicuousness (sp?) is a good thing.

4. They are TRYING to get the ball to TO and Lee more....still not as much as I would like, but its a start.

5. There weren't any big implosions for the Bills. I am always waiting for that big mistake in crunchtime...it didn't come this game.

6. No big time management mistakes that I noticed...for that matter, the only knock I have on Jauron (this game) was the the conservative playcalling to get within makable fieldgoal range...

7. I liked Fitz catching the Jets swapping out defensive players and running a play.

8. I liked Fitz at least giving his guys a chance to make plays: the Shawn Nelson throw, a coupla of throws to TO, and the the rollouts where he dumps it quick and with touch.

9. The defense has held the past two quartrbacks to single digit QB ratings...that has to screw up the opposing teams' confidence.

10. The team bounced back...despite being down and having the injuries pile up, this team scraped out just enough to win. This is a whole lot better than scraping out just enough to lose.

11. This was not only a win, it was a divisional win on an opponents homefield.

I'm not saying this win means the Bills are going to the Superbowl, but at least it will feel good for a week.

Good points...However, there were many negatives to take it too...

1. Poor Coaching. Jauron put his Kicker at a disadvantage twice by just running the ball into a wall instead of figuring a way to get his kicker a shorter range. He did not learn from his mistake from the game against Cleveland last year.

2, Run Defense was atrocious for the 4th straight game. After starting great against NE and Tampa, our Run D has been porous..The only reason the Jets were even in this game tonight was due to their run game.

3. Pass Offense : Still stinks. We did not move the ball. Our 3rd down conversion was still poor. We couldn't move the chains when we wanted to.

4. What happened to Fred Jackson...Looks like he has lost it after the 1st two games....Couldn't make the big plays.

5. Special Teams was once again poor. Gave a Jets 1st down instead of a punt, Josh Reed touching the ball and giving the ball to the Jets.

Still a win is a win in the NFL and I will be hopeful again next week.

Folks,

There are many sides and perspectives to this game, but I wanted to point out a few positives.

2. Jairus Byrd looked like the ball hawk we needed in the secondary. I admit I was down on this pick because of our other needs.

3. I didn't notice anything bad with Jamon Meredeth...usually if you notice a lineman, it's because he's getting beat...so his inconspicuousness (sp?) is a good thing.

4. They are TRYING to get the ball to TO and Lee more....still not as much as I would like, but its a start.

5. There weren't any big implosions for the Bills. I am always waiting for that big mistake in crunchtime...it didn't come this game.

6. No big time management mistakes that I noticed...for that matter, the only knock I have on Jauron (this game) was the the conservative playcalling to get within makable fieldgoal range...

7. I liked Fitz catching the Jets swapping out defensive players and running a play.

8. I liked Fitz at least giving his guys a chance to make plays: the Shawn Nelson throw, a coupla of throws to TO, and the the rollouts where he dumps it quick and with touch.

9. The defense has held the past two quartrbacks to single digit QB ratings...that has to screw up the opposing teams' confidence.

10. The team bounced back...despite being down and having the injuries pile up, this team scraped out just enough to win. This is a whole lot better than scraping out just enough to lose.

I'm not saying this win means the Bills are going to the Superbowl, but at least it will feel good for a week.

It seemed to me that Fitz was more comfortable allowing his WR's to make plays. He didn't seem hesistant throwing into "coverage". I don't want to go all "Fitz is better than Trent" here, but I certainly had more of a calm over me with him under center than I did with Trent. He's better in the pocket as well, or getting out of it, whatever....

It seemed to me that Fitz was more comfortable allowing his WR's to make plays. He didn't seem hesistant throwing into "coverage". I don't want to go all "Fitz is better than Trent" here, but I certainly had more of a calm over me with him under center than I did with Trent. He's better in the pocket as well, or getting out of it, whatever....

I agree on both fronts, pocket presence/letting receivers make plays.

It was refreshing to watch the ball come out BEFORE the receiver looked for it.

This game changed nothing fundamentally important for the Bills.

The organization is still flawed to the core from the owner down to the coaches.

The game re-cap shows the Bills win in overtime, but the fact is that a team that receives 5 interceptions off a rookie QB and still needs a 47 yd FG in OT to win is seriously in trouble.

With 5 interceptions the average NFL team would have won the game by 3 touchdowns at least. This win is a distraction that will give the bandwagon cheerleaders something to rationalize about until the next big embarrassing loss comes along.

I'm happy for the delusional Bills fans who think the ship has been steadied, but the team is still a mess and it still has Jauron as head coach.

It's always nice to get a win. And beating any legit NFL team on the road is sweet. That doesn't mean that this team isn't horrible, though.

But we might as well savor this win for the rest of the week, as there won't be many to savor this year.

Good points...However, there were many negatives to take it too...

1. Poor Coaching. Jauron put his Kicker at a disadvantage twice by just running the ball into a wall instead of figuring a way to get his kicker a shorter range. He did not learn from his mistake from the game against Cleveland last year.

2, Run Defense was atrocious for the 4th straight game. After starting great against NE and Tampa, our Run D has been porous..The only reason the Jets were even in this game tonight was due to their run game.

3. Pass Offense : Still stinks. We did not move the ball. Our 3rd down conversion was still poor. We couldn't move the chains when we wanted to.

4. What happened to Fred Jackson...Looks like he has lost it after the 1st two games....Couldn't make the big plays.

5. Special Teams was once again poor. Gave a Jets 1st down instead of a punt, Josh Reed touching the ball and giving the ball to the Jets.

Still a win is a win in the NFL and I will be hopeful again next week.

As gene Hackman said to Keneu reeves "its better to be luck then good" the Jets kicked our butts all game we were lucky that there QB was a Rookie and made 6 rookie mistakes and thenagain they had there chances as well

That INT in overtime was painful. The defense puts up a solid stop deep in Jets territory, and gives the ball back to the offense at nearly midfield, and they tried to give the game away. Luckily, Sanchez gave it right back, or else we'd be here talking about the Bills choking the game away.

The organization is still flawed to the core from the owner down to the coaches.

The game re-cap shows the Bills win in overtime, but the fact is that a team that receives 5 interceptions off a rookie QB and still needs a 47 yd FG in OT to win is seriously in trouble.

With 5 interceptions the average NFL team would have won the game by 3 touchdowns at least. This win is a distraction that will give the bandwagon cheerleaders something to rationalize about until the next big embarrassing loss comes along.

I'm happy for the delusional Bills fans who think the ship has been steadied, but the team is still a mess and it still has Jauron as head coach.

No one thinks that. The fact is the Bills won and I feel better. If you want to be miserable your whole life over the Bills , go ahead. I am going to enjoy a victory.

I guess you didn't read my post all the way thru...I didn't say they magically changed the course of the franchise...I simply said it was nice to have some good things to talk about, including a division win, and some fans can be happy until for at least a week.

You can feel free to remain miserable though...

You seem to be a glass half empty kind of a guy? They won! It wasn't pretty but they did it. It's OK to be in a good mood today.

Folks,

Okay, I'll admit that there were some positives. Just a few add-on comments:

1. After the game, the O-line celebrated with a case of O'doels. Only Hangartner is old enough to drink alcohol.

2. Byrd looked good. If he is the real deal, he will soon be playing for San Diego, Minnesota or some other pro team.

3. True, Meredith was not noticeable. But neither was the entire offense.

4. Trying to get the ball to Evans and T.O. is a good thing. However in T.O.'s case, you have to hand it to him behind the line of scrimmage or toss it when he is just three yards away from the line.

5. Yep. No big implosions. Just boring football more like erosion.

6. There were no big time management mistakes because we have no big time management.

7. Fitz is good at counting opponents from the sidelines, so he used that skill during the game.

8. His 40% completion rate showed his mastery of the offense.

9. Brady must be shaking in his boots, thinking about having to play in Buffalo soon.

10. The team did bounce back. Maybe they will again when they only need to score one touchdown to have a chance to win.

11. A divisional win is not important when it still leaves you in the division cellar.

Sorry. I couldn't help poking a little fun at your "blue sky" opinions.

I agree on both fronts, pocket presence/letting receivers make plays.

It was refreshing to watch the ball come out BEFORE the receiver looked for it.

You people are morons this was the Edwards v. Losman argument and you are probably the same ones will you shut up and stop trying to diagnose because you always say the same things never Patient and realize we have had an ass load of injuries we gone through a ton of change and we are probably going to endure another bad season but it is because of injuries not Jauron and not Edwards. Sorry but I am just getting sick of all the finger pointing.

Okay, I'll admit that there were some positives. Just a few add-on comments:

1. After the game, the O-line celebrated with a case of O'doels. Only Hangartner is old enough to drink alcohol.

2. Byrd looked good. If he is the real deal, he will soon be playing for San Diego, Minnesota or some other pro team.

3. True, Meredith was not noticeable. But neither was the entire offense.

4. Trying to get the ball to Evans and T.O. is a good thing. However in T.O.'s case, you have to hand it to him behind the line of scrimmage or toss it when he is just three yards away from the line.

5. Yep. No big implosions. Just boring football more like erosion.

6. There were no big time management mistakes because we have no big time management.

7. Fitz is good at counting opponents from the sidelines, so he used that skill during the game.

8. His 40% completion rate showed his mastery of the offense.

9. Brady must be shaking in his boots, thinking about having to play in Buffalo soon.

10. The team did bounce back. Maybe they will again when they only need to score one touchdown to have a chance to win.

11. A divisional win is not important when it still leaves you in the division cellar.

Sorry. I couldn't help poking a little fun at your "blue sky" opinions.

A divisional win is always important.