Losman surgery went well.

PIZ

I think he should be kept on the active roster. By mid-season we may need him to come in and play. At this stage of his career, being a rookie, I think just knowing that you may be able to play this year is huge. What do you think?

Yeah, he will probably be playing in week 12 or 13 after we have the division and AFC home field advantage wrapped up. I'm throwing away my negative feelings about the season and it's all optimistic the rest of the way.

No.  You can not go onto PUP list if you have been cleared and active in training camp.

Willis was never medically cleared for training camp but Donahoe made a deal with agent to pay him full salary regardless of his inability to perform.

9001[/snapback]

Thank you I did not know that.

Bump this up....

...and I agree. Far as I know, if they put him on IR, he can't practice with the team at ALL this season. Yeah, that extra roster spot would be nice to have available, but looking at the long-term view, I'd rather have my QB-of-the-future be able to start getting reps ASAP than worry about keeping a bottom-of-the-roster guy around.

Indeed, release Zolman then put him back on the PS. He gets to hang around and run the scout team, if they really feel like they need him for a week they can make a roster move then. In the mean time, if we get down to our 3rd QB we're screwed anyway. Eric Moulds would probably be the emergency QB and we'd run the ball ALOT. We could run the hell out of the option, but you have to practice that ;-)

Yeah, he will probably be playing in week 12 or 13 after we have the division and AFC home field advantage wrapped up.

nah. we'll need bledsoe to keep the perfect season intact. Sorry nick bonnacotti and manny fernandez and larry czonka. ship the dom up to orchard park for the boys.

Bump this up....

...and I agree. Far as I know, if they put him on IR, he can't practice with the team at ALL this season. Yeah, that extra roster spot would be nice to have available, but looking at the long-term view, I'd rather have my QB-of-the-future be able to start getting reps ASAP than worry about keeping a bottom-of-the-roster guy around.

9607[/snapback]

Yep... I want him ready to start next year, not in 2006.

If nothing else, get him reps this year, and (I know this is hard, but) somehow have a vet QB lined up in case DB & TB get hurt/can't cut it.

Active Roster. Zolman on the practice squad.

9624[/snapback]

Agree on putting JP on active but prefer someone like Brian St. Pierre on the Practice Squad. For those that don't know St. Pierre, he was a 5th Round pick by the Steelers last season out of Boston College. He will likely see the door from Pitt since they drafted Big Ben and they are looking at Kurt Kittner to be their 3rd string QB because of an injury to Charlie Batch.