One HUGE positive from today

i guess we didnt watch the same game, we still couldnt run the ball, and they were still getting plenty of penetration, the only difference is that fitz actually moves around when the pocket is collapsing on him, i didnt see anything that leads me to believe that this oline is "meshing"

Considering that 4 of our 5 linemen are rookies I think this unit is coming together and starting to mesh. I'd really like to see them stay together for a few years. We might actually have an OL.

Um, our starting QB left the game with a concusstion. Its the OL's job to prevent things like that...

We were pretty bad running the ball as well. I don't think they were that great.

Considering that 4 of our 5 linemen are rookies I think this unit is coming together and starting to mesh. I'd really like to see them stay together for a few years. We might actually have an OL.

A Steelers fan told me this week that they really wanted Woods as their new Center. I think the Bills move him to Center next year & move Butler back to right Guard.

i guess we didnt watch the same game, we still couldnt run the ball, and they were still getting plenty of penetration, the only difference is that fitz actually moves around when the pocket is collapsing on him, i didnt see anything that leads me to believe that this oline is "meshing"

42 carries for 142 yards. Longest run was 12 yards from Lynch.

If Meredith is so great, why couldn't the OT starved Packers promote him when they were allowing 8 sacks against Minnesota?

The OL has 4 guys starting who hadn't taken a NFL snap before this season. That's NEVER good.

Um, our starting QB left the game with a concusstion. Its the OL's job to prevent things like that...

We were pretty bad running the ball as well. I don't think they were that great.

Sacks happen, even to the best OL's. The Edward's concussion was a freak thing. For 4 rookies I'm ok with how they played.

A Steelers fan told me this week that they really wanted Woods as their new Center. I think the Bills move him to Center next year & move Butler back to right Guard.

If Meredith can be a true starting RT than I agree moving Butler back to Gaurd and Wood to center would be a real young line but one to build on. This team needs another run stopping DT and stronger linebackers

If Meredith can be a true starting RT than I agree moving Butler back to Gaurd and Wood to center would be a real young line but one to build on. This team needs another run stopping DT and stronger linebackers

I agree, the only question is what defense will the Bills run next year. I PRAY it isn't the Tampa 2.

I agree, the only question is what defense will the Bills run next year. I PRAY it isn't the Tampa 2.

FWIW, it's not the Tampa 2 that's killing the defense - one gap defense is always a good thing to play. It's Jauron's spin on it having guys play cover 4 behind it. So it's like his version - a Tampa 4 if you will.

If you had a guy like Frasier or anyone from Dungy's tree we'd see the difference.

FWIW, it's not the Tampa 2 that's killing the defense - one gap defense is always a good thing to play. It's Jauron's spin on it having guys play cover 4 behind it. So it's like his version - a Tampa 4 if you will.

If you had a guy like Frasier or anyone from Dungy's tree we'd see the difference.

I agree the person calling the shots makes all the difference. Chicago's defense looks totally different (better) since Lovie Smith took over the playcalling for the Defense.

Sacks happen, even to the best OL's. The Edward's concussion was a freak thing. For 4 rookies I'm ok with how they played.

I'd say it was less of a freak thing and more of a dirty play. They drove him backwards after the whistle blew and slammed his head into the turf as they were twisting it sideways. If any play deserved a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty, this one was it.

But, I agree with your general point that sacks happen to every o-line.

I agree the person calling the shots makes all the difference. Chicago's defense looks totally different (better) since Lovie Smith took over the playcalling for the Defense.

Having Marinelli coaching the DL doesn't hurt either.

Agree we had good OL play today. Edwards got a concussion as a result of a cheap shot and actually did not throw the ball on the slant that was there. Against a team that routinely brings huge pressure the 4 rookies played VERY WELL!!

They knew what they were doing and pass blocked well....when they bring 6 and you have 5 there will be one unblocked people who want to criticize the line and it is up to the QB to make a play