BUF@NYJ Game Thread

Why do so many people keep assuming in order to recieve a concussion, you need to have your head violently smashed into the ground? That is so not the case. You can get a concussion from your teeth slamming together too hard, by being hit in the jaw. It does not take a whole lot to have a concussion occur, whether you are a superhero or not.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong. It's not someone saying they're tougher than an NFL player. Please. The point is that THAT kind of hit (not the legs being pinned but the actual hit) is a normal, every day hit in the NFL. And if your starting QB can't absorb that kind of hit, then he's not going to make through a single season healthy.

It has nothing to do with me comparing it to myself (I'm not, if that happened to me I'd be dead). It has everything to do with comparing it to the NORMAL hits NFL QBs are expected to absorb.

When the man behind center gets hit the the frequency that Buffalo Bills quarterbacks do, those types of hits occur more often. Simple math.

When the man behind center gets hit the the frequency that Buffalo Bills quarterbacks do, those types of hits occur more often. Simple math.

This is true.

I'm not trying to rag on an injured guy. But like I said, that's not a particularly violent or viscious hit (the cheap shot of twisting the neck certainly was). And if Trent has (another) concussion from a hit like that -- he is going to end up with a LOT of concussions during his career.

You would hope Jauron would tell the officials that Sanchez can't try and head fake the opposing team into an offsides. But of course he would rather look stoic and think it out.

Enberg made a good point. If the Bills jumped it most likely would have been called. That was as blatant as it gets.

GO BILLS!!!