Bills NOT leaving Buffalo

Kevin

I have to vent....

THE BILLS ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE! Their fan base is too reliable. They sell out their home games even when the team is bad. They have one of the cheapest ticket packages in the NFL today! Just because the Bills will have a new owner eventually doesn't mean that they will move. There are rumors that Jim Kelly will make a push to buy the team. Even if someone from the outside comes in probability of them moving a team from Buffalo is unlikely.

Take this most tossed around scenario:

An outside buyer buys the Bills and moves them to LA. Why would a good businessman move a team that consistently sells out their home games even when they are a bad team to move them to a market that couldn't support two NFL franchises? Moving a team with a good fan base to a new market that has failed to support two franchises is a BAD IDEA. It is a BAD INVESTMENT.

IMO there are a few franchises out there that will NEVER leave their current homes, and the Bills are one of them.

I am sorry, I had to get this off my chest.

I have to vent....

THE BILLS ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE! Their fan base is too reliable. They sell out their home games even when the team is bad. They have one of the cheapest ticket packages in the NFL today! Just because the Bills will have a new owner eventually doesn't mean that they will move. There are rumors that Jim Kelly will make a push to buy the team. Even if someone from the outside comes in probability of them moving a team from Buffalo is unlikely.

An outside buyer buys the Bills and moves them to LA. Why would a good businessman move a team that consistently sells out their home games even when they are a bad team to move them to a market that couldn't support two NFL franchises? Moving a team with a good fan base to a new market that has failed to support two franchises is a BAD IDEA. It is a BAD INVESTMENT.

IMO there are a few franchises out there that will NEVER leave their current homes, and the Bills are one of them.

Because tickets prices are the lowest in the league. Because prices for luxury boxes are low and difficult to sell.....

Selling out games at $35 a pop (the Bills current average) is peanuts compared what they could get just about anywhere else. You raise the price to the current league average of $75 a ticket and you'll see a bunch of "fans" bail out fast. The Bills make almost $3 million a game less than teams that charge the average of $75 and that's just at the gate.

Dont know what the Bills luxury box situation is, but it cant be too good. I remember a couple of years ago when they were begging the few big corporations in the area to buy boxes. They wont have to go begging in TO, San Antonio, or LA. The Bills WILL leave. It's just a matter of when.

Because tickets prices are the lowest in the league. Because prices for luxury boxes are low and difficult to sell.....

the NFL is a lot different than the NHL. The NFL has outgrown the need for 'fan interest'.

Seeing as how TV revenues account for 2/3 or ALL revenues in the league, I'd say the NFL is as dependent as ever on 'fan interest.'

What do you think happens to the price the networks are willing to pay if fan interest wanes and the ratings take a dip?

GO BILLS!!!

I have to vent....

Agree 100%, but don't let these negative self loathing Buffalonians tell you otherwise.

Seeing as how TV revenues account for 2/3 or ALL revenues in the league, I'd say the NFL is as dependent as ever on 'fan interest.'

What do you think happens to the price the networks are willing to pay if fan interest wanes and the ratings take a dip?

GO BILLS!!!

By fan interest, I think he meant ticket sales.

I have to vent....

Owners don't make the big money off of individual seat sales. New stadiums and luxury boxes and corporate sponsorship is where the money is at. All 3 things the Buffalo lacks.

Owners don't make the big money off of individual seat sales. New stadiums and luxury boxes and corporate sponsorship is where the money is at. All 3 things the Buffalo lacks.

What? Who says we can't build it? There is corporate sponsorship.

GO BILLS!!!

I misworded it. I meant to specify gate receipts/tickets sold (to ordinary Joes)

These threads are getting stupid. The question is moot until Ralph dies. Why does every think he's too stubborn on all these other decisions, but will suddenly change his mind on what's he's been stating for a long time that the team will not move or be sold until he dies.

The Toronto games are not the precursor for the move. There is no need to "test" the Toronto market. The NFL knows a team in Toronto will succeed and be profitable. There's no invisible hand.

The most ridiculous notion is that they'll be in LA. It won't be the Bills franchise in LA. It's fairly far out there that LA is getting a team in the next few years. Hold on, you say, "LA is the one of the biggest TV markets and the NFL gets good ratings there!". Exactly, they're not in a rush to fill that market since it already performs and there's little danger of dropping.

When Ralph dies, it will be an open bid. However, a number of very wealthy people have expressed interest in keeping the Bills in Buffalo. However, Ralph doesn't seem to be in bad health so you can count the Bills out of any of the current discussions.

Personally, I think the Bill end up in Toronto some day, but it's not happening anytime soon.