More cops are asses than regular people? Really EII?

Did you watch the G-20 "trophy" video I posted. I bet MORE cops act like asses rather than the people they should be SERVING. Yes, I said SERVING. They are they to be at our SERVICE... Not act like uppity asses. And yes, asses can always hide behind "safety."

Everybody that complains about government should be complaing about cops... I see the same problem existing in both.

Limited gov't and limited police powers go hand in hand. On the other side, more gov't equals more police power... IMO.

I have personally known several really bad police officers. But most of them are good and more importantly (and sadly for them), keeping the dirty underside of the world from getting on the clean upper-side. Sometimes that dirtiness sticks to them. It's a hard ****ty job a police officer has. Treat them all better than good and with respect and they will in all likelihood reciprocate.

Here's the video he mentions: Police arrested some woman with big breasts (fully clothed) and took a picture of it.

I am sure they all got in trouble, as they should, and somehow, life went on.

I have personally known several really bad police officers. But most of them are good and more importantly (and sadly for them), keeping the dirty underside of the world from getting on the clean upper-side. Sometimes that dirtiness sticks to them. It's a hard ****ty job a police officer has. Treat them all better than good and with respect and they will in all likelihood reciprocate.

Here's the video he mentions: Police arrested some woman with big breasts (fully clothed) and took a picture of it.

I am sure they all got in trouble, as they should, and somehow, life went on.

The police do have a tough job. The ones in that video just made the job a little more difficult for all of them. Well at least for anyone they encounter that has seen the video.

No...they are not to "serve".... their FIRST job is to keep ORDER. And to do so, have to yes....get all "uppity" on you and establish their authority.

No, Im not condoning bad behavior by cops. Of course not. But IMO, the only "asses" are the ones who think the cops job is to be some kind of "servant" and say "pretty please" when they try to keep that order.

What, you don't watch Youtube? My question is, when are the good cops going to stop protecting the bad cops, and eradicate them from their midst? Too many of them have more in common with criminals than average citizens. How did that happen?

What, you don't watch Youtube? My question is, when are the good cops going to stop protecting the bad cops, and eradicate them from their midst? Too many of them have more in common with criminals than average citizens. How did that happen?

Actually, what concerns me about that one is no one seems to say, "Umm guys, are we sure this is a good idea?" Could be wrong though as you can't make out what they are saying. They lined up nice and neat pretty quick.

The police have always stood up for one another. With good reason IMO, as there are a lot of people that will lie through their teeth about what the cop did or said. That is why letting them police themselves to an extent is the best way to deal with any problems that may arise. The problem is when they protect the ones who abuse the authority of the position. Honestly, I don't think the percentage of bad cops is terribly high. The question is how high is it? 1%? More? Less?. The bigger concern really is what is the percentage of cops that look the other way or line up nice and neat for a photo.

Wow! I get a thread specifically dedicated to what I said! I must be doing my job!! :P:lol:

As Marv would say:

"Overofficious jerks."

Sure they have a hard job and one has to respect the uniform... But like Marley said:

"I shot the sheriff, but did not shoot the deputy."

These pukes in PITT @ the G-20 were cops, but there they were not deputies of the law.

And Cheeze... How did this happen? Because they didn't follow what Spike Lee said:

"Do the right thing."

And Boost... You are right... We are nation filled with Pilates... Look at how that video of the chick at the Lions game turned out... I am not agreeing with her... But look at how the crowd acted... :lol:

I haven't really looked into the workings of it all... WTF were Chicago cops doing in PITT moonlighting at the G-20? That too me is more scary than anything... Almost like they were tourists... :lol:

Ya... JA, in this case it is really hard when you VOLUNTEER to be deployed somewhere else... It would be like me pissing and moaning after I CHOOSE to be deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan for my job (which I can do tommorrow and make a handsome sum of money doing it)... Ya, I am really gonna go there and act like a pompous ass.

Cry me a river!

No...they are not to "serve".... their FIRST job is to keep ORDER. And to do so, have to yes....get all "uppity" on you and establish their authority.

No, Im not condoning bad behavior by cops. Of course not. But IMO, the only "asses" are the ones who think the cops job is to be some kind of "servant" and say "pretty please" when they try to keep that order.

:P:lol:

Sorry... I should have said there as deputies (as in "deputy of the law.").

They are there to serve and protect and the service as deputies STARTS with them.

Of course they establish their authorit... YET, one establishes that they are proper deputies of the law first... If that doesn't happen, good luck trying to establish ANY respect.

Sorry respect starts from the top, not the other way around.

Actually, what concerns me about that one is no one seems to say, "Umm guys, are we sure this is a good idea?" Could be wrong though as you can't make out what they are saying. They lined up nice and neat pretty quick.

The police have always stood up for one another. With good reason IMO, as there are a lot of people that will lie through their teeth about what the cop did or said. That is why letting them police themselves to an extent is the best way to deal with any problems that may arise. The problem is when they protect the ones who abuse the authority of the position. Honestly, I don't think the percentage of bad cops is terribly high. The question is how high is it? 1%? More? Less?. The bigger concern really is what is the percentage of cops that look the other way or line up nice and neat for a photo.

I think IMO the numbers go through the roof with the notion of mob mentality. They may not be bad at heart, but by protecting the bad ones and not doing anything IMO is where these % soar. In the end, that to me is a "bad cop."

If by 'bad cops' you mean guys taking a picture with some bimbo they arrested, the answer is: Never.

Why? Because doing that doesn't make them bad cops. Maybe slightly irresponsible, but I haven't met many people in life that don't fit in that category.

If by 'bad cops' you mean guys taking a picture with some bimbo they arrested, the answer is: Never.

Why? Because doing that doesn't make them bad cops. Maybe slightly irresponsible, but I haven't met many people in life that don't fit in that category.

You are wrong. What they did was the equivilant of professional malpratcice on purpose. I am sorry about your sexist take on woman... "Slightly irresponsible." ?? :bag: Forcing her to knee like a "bimbo." Forcing her to knee for a picture.

Wow... You have a low standard KD.

You are wrong. What they did was the equivilant of professional malpratcice on purpose. I am sorry about your sexist take on woman... "Slightly irresponsible." ?? :bag: Forcing her to knee like a "bimbo." Forcing her to knee for a picture.

Once again a youtube video taken waaaaay out of context. What if it was her idea?

You are wrong. What they did was the equivilant of professional malpratcice on purpose. I am sorry about your sexist take on woman... "Slightly irresponsible." ?? :doh: Forcing her to knee like a "bimbo." Forcing her to knee for a picture.

Spare me your hysterics. They took a photo, they didn't gang rape her.

"Professional malpractice"? :bag: Gee, maybe Obama can have us pay for cops to carry malpractice insurance

Once again a youtube video taken waaaaay out of context. What if it was her idea?

:bag::doh:

The next day she went to her drawer, looked up her local attorney at law,

went to the phone and filed the police report and then she took the guy's ass to court.

Well, the day he stood in front of the judge he screamed, " She lies that little slut!"

The judge knew that he was full of **** and he gave him 25 years

And now his heart is filled with tears.

That night in jail it was getting late.

He was butt-raped by a large inmate, and he screamed.

But the guards paid no attention to his cries.

Spare me your hysterics. They took a photo, they didn't gang rape her.

"Professional malpractice"? :bag: Gee, maybe Obama can have us pay for cops to carry malpractice insurance

Goes to show you that power corrupts.. No matter how small. The same people screaming this about the gov't, look the other way everytime officer Joe pulls the same crap.

Maybe it will be your childr someday that gets treated like a piece of sh*t by the cops and if it was for one of your child's legitimate actions, will you say: "That bimbo deserved it." Ah, unconditional love is a beautiful thing! :lol:

Again... I am taking that these schmucks were DEPLOYED on their own free will to PITT for the G-20... A real hard life "vacationing" and making a little extra dough 500 miles from your home duty station.

"The officers involved in this incident went on their personal time to serve as part of the G-20 Summit security detail," Supt. Jody Weis said in a statement. "The Chicago Police Department does not tolerate misconduct by any of its members regardless of where it might occur."

The cops were paid by Pittsburgh to assist with security, but now Chicago’s police department is investigating the conduct.

Personal time? Did they take any leave to do so?

Oh and the person in question is a guy, not a female.

This reeks of "big gov't" authority... You guys should be up in arms... CHI and PITT in cahoots?

:doh::lol:

I just get annoyed when I see them do an illegal U turn at a traffic light (which any of us would get a ticket for) and park in front of the bus stop (which any of us would have our car towed) forcing people to walk into the road to get on the bus....all so they can get their bagel and coffees in the store.

In NYC firemen/cops all have special decals they can give their family members so they can park anywhere. I think Bloomberg cracked down on it finally.

In NYC firemen/cops all have special decals they can give their family members so they can park anywhere. I think Bloomberg cracked down on it finally.

They are placards that get put in the windshield. Bloomberg did order the number cut but there are still tens of thousands of them floating around. It's definitely an abused privilege.

:bag::doh:

The next day she went to her drawer, looked up her local attorney at law,

went to the phone and filed the police report and then she took the guy's ass to court.

Well, the day he stood in front of the judge he screamed, " She lies that little slut!"

The judge knew that he was full of **** and he gave him 25 years

And now his heart is filled with tears.

That night in jail it was getting late.

He was butt-raped by a large inmate, and he screamed.

But the guards paid no attention to his cries.

So because it happened in a song by Sublime that's how it always is. Good point. :lol: