OT- The Simpsons

BillsWest

All I'm saying is that the only time anyone on the show ever says the state that Springfield is in was on that Behind the Scenes episode.

It was initially Kentucky, but they changed it to Missouri later on. So, what's the answer?

It doesn't matter <_<

I agree.  It is Springfield.  But the state is unknown on purpose.

8926[/snapback]

i can't believe more people don't get this. the show is satire on middle american culture. so they picked a generic name for a generic town that could have been plunked down just about anywhere.

Well, it's got to be a Springfield with a Nuclear Power Plant, plus a broken down Monorail.

Also, the town was named after Jebediah Springfield, so maybe someone can check on geneology to see where he settled.

Maybe we should change the name of the city of Buffalo to Springfield and change the Bills to the Isotopes.

They already said it was Missouri. The season finale (can't remember which) where it was the mock-Behind the Music show (Behind the Simpsons), at the very end the narrator says:

"This small Missouri town..."

Wait, on second thought, it wasn't Missouri...it was somewhere down south though...maybe Kentucky? I just know it was revealed in that episode...

8883[/snapback]

It's Kentucky. They say "This small family from Northern Kentucky.."

This goes agaist some of the clues they gave in the past, but that is what they said.

Go Bills

It's Kentucky. They say "This small family from Northern Kentucky.."

This goes agaist some of the clues they gave in the past, but that is what they said.

Go Bills

9099[/snapback]

Does anybody read posts BEFORE they post? SF Bills, check out the post made 2 hours ago by tgreg99.

Got the answer (Kinda)! I got the script from the Behind the Scenes episode where they reveal it....

here's the line as it read during it's first airing:

Narrator: The Simpsons' bitter past was forgotten, and now the future looks

brighter than ever for this *northern Kentucky family.

But then there is this added to it in parenthesis:

[(*) Replaced with "southern Missouri" on subsequent airings;

see "Comments" section for more]

The comments are attached above the script. It's funny that they changed it to Missouri on later airings to keep the mystery alive:)

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/BABF19

8907[/snapback]

<_<

they have ruled out most states over the years. me and some college buddies actual sat and tried to figure this out once

for example, in one episode homer house sits for mr burns and ends up throwing a party on mr burns yacht, the "gone fission" i think its called. homer asks moe to provide the alcohol, and being the stingy bastard he is moe won't give it but he will sell it. the thing is, moe can't sell alcohol before a certain time by law...unless they go out to international waters where there is no law. so they put out to sea. this indicates the simpsons must live in a coastal state, atlantic coast, pacific coast, or gulf of mexico.

however...

in another episode homer leaves springfield to go work at a power plaint run by a bond villainesque character (named scorpio i think). homer and the family realize they miss springfield and decide to move back. upon their return, homer is greeted by a farewell gift from scorpio (the denver broncos) and a note saying to give him a visit if he ever gets to the eastern seaboard.

this rules out the atlantic coast, leaving only the gulf of mexico and pacific coast

oh, and they drive to other states so that rules out alaska and hawaii

i don't remember what all we did, but we narrowed it down to Washington or Oregon as the only states we couldn't find evidence against

they have ruled out most states over the years.  me and some college buddies actual sat and tried to figure this out once

for example, in one episode homer house sits for mr burns and ends up throwing a party on mr burns yacht, the "gone fission" i think its called.  homer asks moe to provide the alcohol, and being the stingy bastard he is moe won't give it but he will sell it.  the thing is, moe can't sell alcohol before a certain time by law...unless they go out to international waters where there is no law.  so they put out to sea.  this indicates the simpsons must live in a coastal state, atlantic coast, pacific coast, or gulf of mexico.

however...

in another episode homer leaves springfield to go work at a power plaint run by a bond villainesque character (named scorpio i think).  homer and the family realize they miss springfield and decide to move back.  upon their return, homer is greeted by a farewell gift from scorpio (the denver broncos) and a note saying to give him a visit if he ever gets to the eastern seaboard. 

this rules out the atlantic coast, leaving only the gulf of mexico and pacific coast

oh, and they drive to other states so that rules out alaska and hawaii

i don't remember what all we did, but we narrowed it down to Washington or Oregon as the only states we couldn't find evidence against

9210[/snapback]

Would'nt the Hurricane episode eliminate Oregon and Washington?

Would'nt the Hurricane episode eliminate Oregon and Washington?

9252[/snapback]

you know, at the time we did that i was living in pennsylvania and didn't know anything about hurricanes. but now that i live in virginia, i see your point

i guess the simpons live in the state of confusion