Democrats say "It WILL have a public option"

Magox

Until we get that third option, I really do think the lesser of two evils is voting everyone out of office every election, so they don't have time to do anything really stupid.

+1. Re-elect NOBODY. That way nothing will get done and those criminals won't be able to rob the taxpayers as effficiently.

But those numbers were distorted, only 20% of those that were polled were registered republicans, and there were 75% more registered Democrats that were used in that poll.

Talk about distortion

That was the Washington Post/ABC News Poll. I think it also had Obama at a 57% approval ratings with questions like "Do you...

A) Really approve of Obama's performance

B) Really Really approve of Obama's performance or

C) Really, Really, REALLLYY Approve of Obama's peformance. :w00t: :w00t:

That poll got called out pretty quickly, but it didn't keep everyone from quoting it. On the other hand, their new poll today shows that 63% believe Obama is messing up Afghanistan, but that shouldn't be surprising because the right is complaining he's not sending enough people and the left is crying that he needs to get out. The fact that he's doing nothing but hitting the fundraiser trail and crying about Fox News isn't helping his case any...but hey...the president can multi-task, right?

Let's just hope she sticks to her guns, and is smart enough to use TORT REFORM and INTRASTATE COMPETITION as bargaining chips.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aWoClS8DkNtw

Snowe Says She Won’t Support Immediate Public Insurance Option

Oct. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Senator Olympia Snowe said she won’t support the immediate creation of a government-run insurance program and raised the possibility that legislation overhauling the health system won’t be completed this year.

“A public option at the forefront really does put the government in a disproportionate position with respect to the industry,” Snowe, the only Republican so far to vote for health-care legislation, said on “Political Capital With Al Hunt,” which airs this weekend.

Snowe’s vote is crucial because her support would decrease the chances of Democrats such as Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson and Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln bucking their party. She might also bring along more Republican backing, from fellow Maine Senator Susan Collins or Ohio Senator George Voinovich.

With so many complex issues to parse, lawmakers may need more time to finish the legislation, Snowe said.

“Christmas might be too soon,” she said. “We should give it the time it deserves.”

Let's just hope she sticks to her guns, and is smart enough to use TORT REFORM and INTRASTATE COMPETITION as bargaining chips.

She has also said she would support a "trigger" option, so I wouldn't hold your breath. She wants to be a part of "history." She could give a schitt whether this bill works or not.

She has also said she would support a "trigger" option, so I wouldn't hold your breath. She wants to be a part of "history." She could give a schitt whether this bill works or not.

She's got her constituents to think of, and if she gives the impression that she isn't willing to work with the Democrats would do her harm, however, I don't like that she supports the "trigger" option, and unfortunately I believe this "trigger" option will be in the final bill. Hopefully the Liberal House !@#$tards will fight this thing to the end, to where it implodes.

Until we get that third option, I really do think the lesser of two evils is voting everyone out of office every election, so they don't have time to do anything really stupid.

That's what I plan on doing. And it's amazing that they feel the need to blow-up the system and cost the taxpayers (truly) trillions of dollars to (truly) insure 7M people, who probably won't even (still) go to the doctor or take proper care of themselves anyway.