Bring in Jeff Garcia

MClem06

Our Offensive Line is in shambles but we need a QB who can scramble and make quick (correct) decisions to get the ball out so he's not dropped in the backfield like Trent. Garcia is out there, he's a positive contributer both on the field and off. He still has some tread left on the tires, should the Bills consider bringin him in? Are there any other prospects out there that we can A) Trade for or B) pick up off free agency?

Our Offensive Line is in shambles but we need a QB who can scramble and make quick (correct) decisions to get the ball out so he's not dropped in the backfield like Trent. Garcia is out there, he's a positive contributer both on the field and off. He still has some tread left on the tires, should the Bills consider bringin him in? Are there any other prospects out there that we can A) Trade for or B) pick up off free agency?

Yeah, I'm sure Garcia won't mind re-uniting with the WR who publicly questioned his sexual preferences, T.O. No problem.

Maybe at the beginning of the season, but at this point it would be a stupid move. This season is over as far as any Playoff wishes, so they need to build for the future. Bringing in a 40 year old QB isn't a move for the future. I would see about prying Brady Quinn away from the Browns.

Trent Edwards is suffering from the same affliction as Losman did. The game is too fast for him. He has no anticipation and absolutely zero ability to react at the pace of this game. When you watch either of the Manning Brothers the differnce is their ability to read what will be, not what is. The great QB's like Kelly were often accused of thinking they could throw the ball right through defenders. The truth is they were reading that by the time the ball got there the defender would not be in the way. More often then not they were right, but more importantly they had the guts to go with their instincts. Trent has NO instincts a guy "like" Garcia does. Trent needed more time developing just like Losman did. Now he is flat out gun shy. It's a shame.

:thumbsup:

I hate to say it, but Alex Van Pelt looks to be no better then Turk Schonert right now.

You call it, the team is facing playing in high winds and is playing against the worst team in the NFL against the run, do you run or pass?

The Bills offense and Trent Edwards looked really good against the Patriots when everyone was healthy and they had weeks to prepare, really good play calling and game plan. What has happened since?

If I'm Jauron I'd make a call to Jon Runyan or Levi Jones, or both. They clearly need some veteran leadership on that offensive line.

Of course they should bring him in if he can reconcile with TO.......we know now Trent is NOT the QB of the future. He has been horrible for awhile now going back to next year.

Rookie QBs throw a lot better than him and throw in tight areas, throw it up for their receivers etc....

We are not going anywhere with Trent and your future QB is not on the roster so you play for now and bring in Garcia.

Of course they should bring him in if he can reconcile with TO.......we know now Trent is NOT the QB of the future. He has been horrible for awhile now going back to next year.

Rookie QBs throw a lot better than him and throw in tight areas, throw it up for their receivers etc....

We are not going anywhere with Trent and your future QB is not on the roster so you play for now and bring in Garcia.

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before I posted the same thing.

I also think the Bills should sign Andrew Walter because he can throw the ball through the wind in WNY.

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before I posted the same thing.

I also think the Bills should sign Andrew Walter because he can throw the ball through the wind in WNY.

Yeah! Let's sign one of the worst quarterbacks in (technically OUT OF) the NFL. The dude has 3 career TDs and 16 INTs.

But he's the answer for the future because can "throw the ball through the wind".

Trent is clearly showing his true stripes as a career backup, but he certainly isn't as bad as Andrew Walter of the career 52 QB rating.

What the hell does "play for now" actually mean? Have you watched the games? Have you seen our OL? You guys honestly think if you bring in a QB who can throw on the run that our fortunes will suddenly turn for the better? And while we're at it, let's get Dr. Phil in here so Garcia and TO can be friends again?

Anyone who thinks swapping out one player makes the Bills a better team should spend some time watching the Bills play on Sunday. The problems with this team go much deeper than any one player, so I recommend some of you either nut up for another long season or find something else to do with your time because no one player is going to fix the issues at OBD.

Garcia is almost 40. You forget how pathetic he was behind a bad offensive line when he was with Cleveland. Give me a break. He is the last scrub this team needs right now.

Why don't we give Doug Flutie a call. Perhaps he can come out of retirement and work some magic again....LOL!

What the hell does "play for now" actually mean? Have you watched the games? Have you seen our OL? You guys honestly think if you bring in a QB who can throw on the run that our fortunes will suddenly turn for the better? And while we're at it, let's get Dr. Phil in here so Garcia and TO can be friends again?

Anyone who thinks swapping out one player makes the Bills a better team should spend some time watching the Bills play on Sunday. The problems with this team go much deeper than any one player, so I recommend some of you either nut up for another long season or find something else to do with your time because no one player is going to fix the issues at OBD.

How about handing the ball over to Fitzpatrick and see what he can do?

Hopefully he'd bring his Vast, wealthy & successful experience of scrambling and throwing in the snow & cold weather too.

Get outta here- and take your CA QB with ya.

I believe he played in Cincy. Where is he from orginally? Maybe he does not suffer from the Bledsoe-Losman-Edwards jitters. A quarterback either has poise or he doesn't. It is not about climate. Favre of Mississippi seemed to prove that.

I believe he played in Cincy. Where is he from orginally? Maybe he does not suffer from the Bledsoe-Losman-Edwards jitters. A quarterback either has poise or he doesn't. It is not about climate. Favre of Mississippi seemed to prove that.

He never played in Cinci. He played in Cleveland and sucked so badly they pretty much booted him out. The guy is a "has been"....he's washed up. Just what the Bills need. LOL!

I don't get this cold weather QB fetish. Carson Palmer plays fine in cold climates. Aaron Rodgers sure looks great in Green Bay...how about its more the fact that the Bills BLOW at deciphering talent and have drafted massive reaches at QB from average D-I programs (Tulane, Stanford...)

Bringing in Garcia would likely screw us more -- we'd win 5-6 games maybe instead of 2-3 and get a worse off draft pick and still be in shambles. I would have been all for this in the offseason LAST year to compete vs. trent...but hey that would make too much sense.

How about handing the ball over to Fitzpatrick and see what he can do?

No one can do anything behind this line. No one.

You wanna change up the mix, fine. But swapping out Fitzpatrick for Edwards without fixing the line is like changing your golf ball from a Callaway to a Titleist. If you can't swing the club properly, you may as well be hitting a wiffle ball.