Bring in Jeff Garcia

MClem06

Of course they should bring him in if he can reconcile with TO.......we know now Trent is NOT the QB of the future. He has been horrible for awhile now going back to next year.

Rookie QBs throw a lot better than him and throw in tight areas, throw it up for their receivers etc....

We are not going anywhere with Trent and your future QB is not on the roster so you play for now and bring in Garcia.

Wow, that far back? :wallbash:

I believe he played in Cincy. Where is he from orginally? Maybe he does not suffer from the Bledsoe-Losman-Edwards jitters. A quarterback either has poise or he doesn't. It is not about climate. Favre of Mississippi seemed to prove that.

Garcia is a California raisin.

Mississippi ain't in CA toto.

I don't get this cold weather QB fetish. Carson Palmer plays fine in cold climates. Aaron Rodgers sure looks great in Green Bay...how about its more the fact that the Bills BLOW at deciphering talent and have drafted massive reaches at QB from average D-I programs (Tulane, Stanford...)

Bringing in Garcia would likely screw us more -- we'd win 5-6 games maybe instead of 2-3 and get a worse off draft pick and still be in shambles. I would have been all for this in the offseason LAST year to compete vs. trent...but hey that would make too much sense.

You need to segregate fact from Fetish. Palmer is up & down, and I'm sorry, but the jury is still out on Rodgers. Give me some examples of Qb's from CA who have been successful in Buffalo, NY. And don't give me Jack Kemp, as he is exempt thanks to the Army toughening him up.

...like I said...

No one can do anything behind this line. No one.

You wanna change up the mix, fine. But swapping out Fitzpatrick for Edwards without fixing the line is like changing your golf ball from a Callaway to a Titleist. If you can't swing the club properly, you may as well be hitting a wiffle ball.

But at least Fitzpatrick would pull out the driver once in a while.

I digress, LA, you know Ye Ole' has been a big proponent of Trent in his time here, but I too have grown frustrated with the constant check down. While I don't disagree that the line is horrible, I would like to see the ball go downfield more frequently. Even if they're not great throws, just try... let us see something different than a 3 yd. check down when it's 3rd and 13.

Maybe at the beginning of the season, but at this point it would be a stupid move. This season is over as far as any Playoff wishes, so they need to build for the future. Bringing in a 40 year old QB isn't a move for the future. I would see about prying Brady Quinn away from the Browns.

The Bills already have Captain Checkdown, they don't need a pair of them, just say NO to Quinn. I agree about Garcia.

But at least Fitzpatrick would pull out the driver once in a while.

I digress, LA, you know Ye Ole' has been a big proponent of Trent in his time here, but I too have grown frustrated with the constant check down. While I don't disagree that the line is horrible, I would like to see the ball go downfield more frequently. Even if they're not great throws, just try... let us see something different than a 3 yd. check down when it's 3rd and 13.

Well, Cotton, you know that the ol' LABillzFan is pragmatic, at best, about this team, and LA would never find it worth while to change quarterbacks just so someone can throw the ball downfield, "even if they're not great throws," because ol' LA knows that after three of those not-so-great downfield throws the Bills Nation would be screaming to find a quarterback who will stop standing in the pocket waiting for something to open up downfield.

Dig?

He never played in Cinci. He played in Cleveland and sucked so badly they pretty much booted him out. The guy is a "has been"....he's washed up. Just what the Bills need. LOL!

Yeah, let's talk about Cleveland - since it was FIVE seasons ago. Name their starting WRs/RBs from that season. Name the head coaches. Now pretend that a single OLineman is still in the NFL. Guess why? Garcia was a convenient scape goat for idiots who don't know anything about football but he got back to the Pro Bowl and everyone else from that team is pretty much out of professional football.

Garcia was a Pro Bowler the season before last and had Tampa Bay (9-3) in the playoffs before Monte Kiffen basically walked away with 4 games left. Garcia has more sack than our entire offense combined.

You need to segregate fact from Fetish. Palmer is up & down, and I'm sorry, but the jury is still out on Rodgers. Give me some examples of Qb's from CA who have been successful in Buffalo, NY. And don't give me Jack Kemp, as he is exempt thanks to the Army toughening him up.

...like I said...

Well, with the exception of say Jim Kelly and a few years of Joe Ferguson, who the frick else has been good at QB for the Bills? LOL. Nothing doing, so my point was that its the not the CA QB's in Buffalo as much as the horrid talent evaluators/poor choices they have made. You name the state Im sure the Bills have had a bad QB from there.

Palmer up and down? He's got a Pro Bowl under his belt and looks to finally be healthy...I'd say he'd be Buffalo's 2nd or 3rd best QB of All-Time if he was on our roster from the get-go....so whats that say then? And the jury might out on Rodgers but a) you could make the case he plays in a more football crazy environment than Buffalo and b) he was in one heck of a situation sitting behind Favre, dealing with all that drama to become pretty darn good.

Yeah! Let's sign one of the worst quarterbacks in (technically OUT OF) the NFL. The dude has 3 career TDs and 16 INTs.

But he's the answer for the future because can "throw the ball through the wind".

Trent is clearly showing his true stripes as a career backup, but he certainly isn't as bad as Andrew Walter of the career 52 QB rating.

Walter hasn't started that many games and he was never declared a team's started like Trent has. Plus Walter has more physical skill than Edwards.

No one can do anything behind this line. No one.

You wanna change up the mix, fine. But swapping out Fitzpatrick for Edwards without fixing the line is like changing your golf ball from a Callaway to a Titleist. If you can't swing the club properly, you may as well be hitting a wiffle ball.

I am afraid you might be correct, but I am interested in what is possible. Fitzpatrick has been standing there since they signed him. The line we have is all we can hope for. Is it time for a huddle, a clear announcement of the snap count, maybe try to get a running game going, do the most basic, simple things. Sounds boring? What could be more boring than the last game? What was more exciting than watching the Jets and Fins last night? Not only is this offense boring, it looks like any minute it might prove lethal to Edwards. On the other hand, could Jackson and Lynch maybe show some of the moves we saw from the Fins' running backs last night?

Our Offensive Line is in shambles but we need a QB who can scramble and make quick (correct) decisions to get the ball out so he's not dropped in the backfield like Trent. Garcia is out there, he's a positive contributer both on the field and off. He still has some tread left on the tires, should the Bills consider bringin him in? Are there any other prospects out there that we can A) Trade for or B) pick up off free agency?

what would be the point of bringing Garcia in at this point? the Bills are not making the playoffs and he obviously wont be part of any future so what would be the point?

what would be the point of bringing Garcia in at this point? the Bills are not making the playoffs and he obviously wont be part of any future so what would be the point?

Given those facts, the only upside to bringing in Garcia is some sudden desire to genuinely field the best team the Bills can. Sadly, the 40 yr old Garcia is better than anything we would field at the QB position.

And (please note only playing Devil's advocate) he may contribute to the muscle memory of some of the pieces on offense (perhaps Lynch, Jackson, Wood, Levitre, Hangartner) that could be part of the Bills' future that might otherwise regress if they stay mired in this amazingly bad system without anyone competent at either the coaching or QB helm.

Garcia might be able to do somethings on offense that on occasion overshadow the general ineptitude of the line and coaching.

Or he might just join in the suckfest, check in and check down, or even get himself killed.

Just like every other thing discussed on the board, there is no single panacea or silver bullet. Wouldn't see great return or harm in bringing him in.

Well, with the exception of say Jim Kelly and a few years of Joe Ferguson, who the frick else has been good at QB for the Bills? LOL. Nothing doing, so my point was that its the not the CA QB's in Buffalo as much as the horrid talent evaluators/poor choices they have made. You name the state Im sure the Bills have had a bad QB from there.

Palmer up and down? He's got a Pro Bowl under his belt and looks to finally be healthy...I'd say he'd be Buffalo's 2nd or 3rd best QB of All-Time if he was on our roster from the get-go....so whats that say then? And the jury might out on Rodgers but a) you could make the case he plays in a more football crazy environment than Buffalo and b) he was in one heck of a situation sitting behind Favre, dealing with all that drama to become pretty darn good.

Flutie was pretty damn good & unfortunately we'll never know what may have happened...? A New york guy by the name of Frank Reich was pretty OK. Bledsoe had a good year.

Other CA qb's to stink it up in Buffalo- Daryle Lamonica, Tom Flores, Dennis shaw- absolutely horrid, Bill Munson, Vince Ferragamo- puke... these posers never had even one good game, let alone a good year. So why add to the pile of vomit- RJ, JP & Trentative?

Can we just agree that the experiment is Failed. This is the longest stretch of puke this team has ever experienced, and it is smack dab due to 3 CA QB's with their pretty little hands under center. No more CA Qbs for Buffalo. It's sickening what they have done.

Our Offensive Line is in shambles but we need a QB who can scramble and make quick (correct) decisions to get the ball out so he's not dropped in the backfield like Trent. Garcia is out there, he's a positive contributer both on the field and off. He still has some tread left on the tires, should the Bills consider bringin him in? Are there any other prospects out there that we can A) Trade for or B) pick up off free agency?

ok, i'm half drunk here, but you're really not serious?

unless you live in some bizzaro world or have a certain masochistic tendency for implosion and diva drama, then otherwise you have made an astute point. if that's the case, why not bring in Donovan McNabb and Tony Romo as well, so then the Bills can have a voodoo doll promotion in which everyone can stick pins into T.O. and see him flinch as if he were in live-wire electroshock therapy.

obviously, that would be something -- and maybe the only thing -- people would pay money to see at Ralph Wilson Stadium these days. and while you're at it, bring back Rob Johnson and Mike Mularkey just for effect.

of course, i'm assuming you are an anarchist by nature, because no one in their right mind would have even raised this notion. and if that's the case, well, you should be highly credited for your Vince McMahon instincts for promotion because i think you've got a winner here. put them all in a cage and see who bites who's ear off first.

and, i can't fail to mention, that you must share these strong drugs you are under the influence of, so we can see the kaliedoscopic colors you are envisioning, because life is too short and there's not enough machavellians among us.

you sir or ma'am are evil, and that, short of rush owning the rams, might be the perfect solution the NFL needs in order to overcome this economic crunch.

let us all stand and salute this idea, because it's so bizarre it just might be the big money generating ticket to keeping the Bills in Buffalo through 3012.

well done.

:devil:

jw