CALLING IT NOW: WORST BILLS SEASON EVER

Which games? tennesseeboy, we got beat by a qb that completed TWO passes all day!! For 23 yards! Can't really blame injuries on D for that one. I might buy the multiple win thing if I could somehow reason that when we get some of our D men back we can stick with some teams and win late. But we couldn't score more than 3 points at home vs Cleveland. I can't imagine getting any uglier than that and I can't see us getting any better.

the offense will improve significantly after the Jets knock Trent out next week.

Jets will show no mercy after Rex hounds them all week for their lolly gagging against Miami.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. You must be too young to remember 1984 and 1985. Or not even alive to experience the "joy" of 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1976 or 1977. I hope your're not too young to "remember" 1997, 2001 or 2005, are you? As this season progresses, it can make it's way towards the top of our "12 seasons of hell" list. However, the Bills have already had one (1) win season, at least (2) two win seasons and the rest were filled with laughable horrible football and no more then 4 or 5 wins amoung them. So WOW, some of we older posters out here have seen even worse Bills' teams then this one. At least so far...four games into 2009, anyway!

I disagree.

In 84 and 85 we had just won the division in 80 and 10 games in 81, so we were decent a short time ago.

In 1967 and 1968 we were coming off 2 AFL titles and just lost to KC for the right to go to SB I.

In 1970 and 1971, you were not far removed from the mid-60s and had a young OJ (whho admitedly was looking bust-like) and a young OL that was beginning to gell.

1997 does not even make this list. One year removed from 8/9 playoff seasons and 4 Super bowls.

2001 we were sold the goods that we would take our big cap hit in Season 1, and then be OK. It sounded logical and we were still only removed from the playoffs by 1 year. In 1999, many had us going back to the Super Bowl.

2005 was rough, but this year will be worse, due to length of time we were even relevant.

Point is with the possible exception of the 1967-1972 period (only 6 years BTW), the 2000-2009 (and counting) stretch is the single worst period of Bills football in our history. We peaked at 9-7 in 2004, our only winning season this decade. Putting up a 4-12 or worse record this year would be the most soul-crushing season in our history. It just means that after a decade of rebuilding, we are father away than ever.

Now, I'm going to drink some scotch after typing this depressing post.

Are you capable of writing in a clear and coherent manner? Try using sentences. It's much easier to read, since that's what most of us have been used to reading our entire lives.

Yeah, right, you mean aside from everybody here in Public Schools.

But anyway, to the OP, I've endured 2014 seasons already. The only way this one is worse is if we don't win again. I almost feel like that would be a fun goal to shoot for at this point...

It may sound dumb but a disaster of a season is what we need. Thats how you usully get franchise Quarterbacks, Payton, Eli, Rivers, Matt Ryan all obtained because of an awful season. We are on track to get a top 5 pick, and with Detriot and Tampa already having QBs we may have a shot at grabbing the best QB in the draft, with a high 2nd round pick to grab a hog.

But anyway, to the OP, I've endured 2014 seasons already. The only way this one is worse is if we don't win again. I almost feel like that would be a fun goal to shoot for at this point...

Do Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks know you stole their bit?

Think the early 70's teams where much worse, because there wasn't even any hope of the teams being good at any point in the season. This team at least looked good for 2 games, at the start of the season, before the cracks started.

Even as bad as they are now, they still have parts in place to recover enough to be in most of the games, and even possible go on a winning streak.

Would take allot of luck, and the removal of the No-huddle offense, and some serious improvement in the blocking department, but they are completely devoid of talent like those teams.

Plus the whole decade of loosing to the Dolphins still has me depressed.

Think the early 70's teams where much worse, because there wasn't even any hope of the teams being good at any point in the season. This team at least looked good for 2 games, at the start of the season, before the cracks started.

Even as bad as they are now, they still have parts in place to recover enough to be in most of the games, and even possible go on a winning streak.

Would take allot of luck, and the removal of the No-huddle offense, and some serious improvement in the blocking department, but they are completely devoid of talent like those teams.

Plus the whole decade of loosing to the Dolphins still has me depressed.

didnt they actually make the playoffs as a wildcard in 73' when Simpson went over 2,000 yards? even if not, you still got to see milestone performances from the Juice during that era. now we get to see Edwards checking down on 3rd and 15, and Jauron emphatically calling for punt on 4th and less than 1 when we're down by 2 scores with 7 to go

CALLING IT NOW: WORST BILLS FANS EVER, WOW

And here I thought the redskins fans were fickle!!!

My god people, get a grip!!!

There are a lot of circumstances that have brough the Bills to this position. Let me first say that NO one can predict injuries and the Bills havbe hade more than their share.

It starts at the top with the man who refuses to SPEND money on the team to make it better wrt coaching.

CALLING IT NOW: WORST BILLS FANS EVER, WOW

And here I thought the redskins fans were fickle!!!

My god people, get a grip!!!

There are a lot of circumstances that have brough the Bills to this position. Let me first say that NO one can predict injuries and the Bills havbe hade more than their share.

It starts at the top with the man who refuses to SPEND money on the team to make it better wrt coaching.

given the product we've been offered, Bills fans are just about the best. If this were Jacksonville theyd sell about 20,000 tickets per game, instead of selling them out. But like anything it has limits.