Another reason trent isn't an NFL qb

berndogg

I know this has been beaten to death, but in the first half tonight Sachez threw three 15+ yard passes down the middle. One was incomplete, one he got bailed out by an illegal contact call, and one was a big gain to Braylon Edwards. Sanchez may be a bust, he may be a hall of famer, but the fact is he has 16 career starts college and pro combined and he's not afraid to take those shots. Edwards is in his third year and still NEVER attempts that pass. I mean literally, he hasn't done it once this entire year. Think how easy it must be for a defense when they know that they don't have to cover the middle third of the field.

I know this has been beaten to death, but in the first half tonight Sachez threw three 15+ yard passes down the middle. One was incomplete, one he got bailed out by an illegal contact call, and one was a big gain to Braylon Edwards. Sanchez may be a bust, he may be a hall of famer, but the fact is he has 16 career starts college and pro combined and he's not afraid to take those shots. Edwards is in his third year and still NEVER attempts that pass. I mean literally, he hasn't done it once this entire year. Think how easy it must be for a defense when they know that they don't have to cover the middle third of the field.

I just watched five plays of the MNF game, and saw Chad freakin Henne completed a 20 yard pass to his TE in the middle of the field.

Jets Offensive Line. Offensive Line. Offensive Line.

They are lucky to have one.

And how many false start penalties do they have tonight?

Set of nuts...Edwards doesnt have them....sanchez just threw a bomb where the wr had a half a step..no way edwards lets that fly....hes miles behind sanchez

Jets Offensive Line. Offensive Line. Offensive Line.

They are lucky to have one.

And how many false start penalties do they have tonight?

Jets and Fins put money and picks into their O-lin and Defensive front 7 over the last 3 years and it's paying off...note to Ralph and Russ.

Set of nuts...Edwards doesnt have them....sanchez just threw a bomb where the wr had a half a step..no way edwards lets that fly....hes miles behind sanchez

I seem to remember a TD throw to TO earlier this season with less than half a step, so there goes that theory. I love how you people just make up new ways to ridicule TE with utter disregard to reality.

It is easy to be a ballsy QB when you have time to throw. Also, when you have good protection, teams must blitz linebackers to generate pass rush, which is how you open up the middle of the field. When any team in the league can rush 4 defenders and consistently flush the pocket, I'm really not sure why anyone would be surprised that we can't complete passes over the middle. Just an ounce of genuine understanding of the game should allow you to realize that. I mean think about the logic of this. If only 4 defenders are rushing, that leaves 7 defenders to cover at most 5 receivers. And you are surprised that there aren't openings down field and over the middle? Comon the concept is not that difficult, even for the likes of Bills fans.

I seem to remember a TD throw to TO earlier this season with less than half a step, so there goes that theory. I love how you people just make up new ways to ridicule TE with utter disregard to reality.

It is easy to be a ballsy QB when you have time to throw. Also, when you have good protection, teams must blitz linebackers to generate pass rush, which is how you open up the middle of the field. When any team in the league can rush 4 defenders and consistently flush the pocket, I'm really not sure why anyone would be surprised that we can't complete passes over the middle. Just an ounce of genuine understanding of the game should allow you to realize that. I mean think about the logic of this. If only 4 defenders are rushing, that leaves 7 defenders to cover at most 5 receivers. And you are surprised that there aren't openings down field and over the middle? Comon the concept is not that difficult, even for the likes of Bills fans.

Please there are more then enough plays yesterday where you found yourself saying "throw it, throw it!" where he wasnt getting touched. Hes waiting for guys to come clear. To put this all on the the line is a joke. Hes a soft qb..every once in a while you have to just trust your playmakers and let it fly, he refuses to do so. Congrats he completed a deep ball against a horrible TB team. No way he attempts that ball to B. Edwards that sanchez completed..hed take the sack or check down to get jackson killed

Actually, I would argue that Trent has made those passes. He made them when he first came into the league. (Washington game his rookie year, anyone?) It's just been since Adrian Wilson seemingly gave him a frontal lobotomy with that hit last year. Trent looks like he has lost all confidence behind this o-line. Which is just another reason that anyone wanting us to draft a QB with pick #1 must like the merry-go-round. We'll be on it for another 5 years. We need to build the line. A top flight LT before a QB, please. No one could throw behind this line...

I miss Brad Butler!