Should the Bills trade Lee Evans to Dolphins?

Trading Evans now doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They need a veteran WR next season whether he is worth the money they pay him right now or not.

What makes more sense imho is to trade Owens and Parrish right now for some draft picks.

I know it is kind of throwing in the towel, but this season is all but sunk.

Owens is gone anyway and Parrish doesn't want to be here.

So this gives them some extra picks to rebuild next year and will give Hardy and Johnson some playing time to develop.

I'm all for it. Cut/trade everybody, fire all the coaches and staff and start over.

I think all we need to do is get a good QB, a new head coach who has fire in his attitude, a new experienced Offensive coordinator, and a good left tackle. Then fire Dick Jauron, demote Van Pelt back to QB coach.Thats all.

Evans might be our best player. It's not his fault no one can get him the ball- he is open all the time. And why the hell would we send quality players to the Dolphins? Not to mention-assuming TO is gone after this year, and if we traded Lee- our number 1 would be Josh Reed? That is retarded! Why create holes on a team that is swiss cheese?

And no one wants Parrish. No one will give us jack **** for him. So he is not getting traded for draft picks. Not going to happen

I'm for trading anyone or anything to start building a offensive line. Thats where it all begins. Without that you have nothing. This is what should have been done starting a few years ago. That would actually take a bit of foresight though.

Mike Williams?

HELLO?!??

Modrak cannot draft offensive linemen!

Fire Modrak & Guy, get a real GM, THEN you can build your offensive line.

Trading Evans now doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They need a veteran WR next season whether he is worth the money they pay him right now or not.

What makes more sense imho is to trade Owens and Parrish right now for some draft picks.

I know it is kind of throwing in the towel, but this season is all but sunk.

Owens is gone anyway and Parrish doesn't want to be here.

So this gives them some extra picks to rebuild next year and will give Hardy and Johnson some playing time to develop.

YEah, I like that.

Use those picks on O-linemen (after Modrak and Guy are gone), and allow Johnson and Hardy to show what they have got.

Mike Williams?

HELLO?!??

Modrak cannot draft offensive linemen!

Fire Modrak & Guy, get a real GM, THEN you can build your offensive line.

I'm willing to be patient with Wood and Levitre. I think they'll both turn out to be solid linemen for us. IMHO, the problems with our line have more to do with our tackles than anything else.

How did I know that would be a Bob Matthews column even before I clicked the link? Yeah, Bob, give the Fins the quality WR they lack, so all three AFC East teams can beat the snot out of the Bills. Oh, wait. Miami didn't even need good WRs to do that...

Lori, Is it possible to trade owners? If so, just do it!!!! :wallbash:

"The Miami Dolphins are shopping for a star wide receiver. If the Buffalo Bills can't figure out how to deliver the ball to Lee Evans, maybe they should consider trading him for a plum draft pick. ... The Cleveland Browns were short on playmakers even before Wednesday, when they traded wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets. If he stays out of trouble, he'll be a big boost to the Jets. Now the Browns will be even less dangerous entering Sunday's game at the Bills"

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...a+grand+sendoff --> it's on the 2nd page...

so then after we lose TO we have .....uhmmmmm..uhhhhhhh at WR....good lord.

"The Miami Dolphins are shopping for a star wide receiver. If the Buffalo Bills can't figure out how to deliver the ball to Lee Evans, maybe they should consider trading him for a plum draft pick. ... The Cleveland Browns were short on playmakers even before Wednesday, when they traded wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets. If he stays out of trouble, he'll be a big boost to the Jets. Now the Browns will be even less dangerous entering Sunday's game at the Bills"

wow, this may be the stupidest question or thread to ever be on this site

Just looking at his contract. Alot of money to be paid for the numbers he produces.

A receiver can't throw the ball and catch it himself, no WR is going to put up numbers with a QB playing poorly and an offensive line so terrible that the QB never has any time to throw. If you are going to judge a reciever by his numbers in this offense, then you can get rid of all of our recievers, none of them are putting up numbers.

The guy has 2 td catches in his last 12 games. Think about that for a second. All of it can not be on the qb & the coaching. This guy is an average #2 receiver. If he had a resonable contract you could keep him. If they do bring in a new front office, my guess is their first order of business will be to ask #83 to take a major paycut & if he does not(more then likely) I would not be surprised if they cut him.

How many TD catches do the other Bills receivers have in that timespan? Exactly, you can blame it, at least partially on the QB, coaching and especially a pathetic line.