Schonert Was Right

I can't say that this is the worst team ever... but this might be the worst offense ever. It wasn't good under Schonert, but it was a far sight better than this garbage. 20 points total in the last 3 games??? Turk was right, this is a Pop Warner offense. I'm pretty sure RJ could come back and suit up with the '01 squad and outperform this group.

The other side of this coin that is so frustrating, is the release of Dockery, Walker, and trade of Peters. We heard that their heart wasn't in it, they were lazy, couldn't keep up with the no huddle... etc. Well guess what? I'll take a lazy Dockery, and out of shape Walker, or Jason Peters in a heart beat right now. The same BS happened when we released Sam Adams. He was "fat" he was "lazy" was the excuse then. But the D-Line was much better with him. You can't just jettison these players and expect young, hungry, street free agents and assorted 7th rd. picks to replace them... I don't care how committed they are, they're simply not good players. This is just horrible all the way around.

I can't say that this is the worst team ever... but this might be the worst offense ever. It wasn't good under Schonert, but it was a far sight better than this garbage. 20 points total in the last 3 games??? Turk was right, this is a Pop Warner offense. I'm pretty sure RJ could come back and suit up with the '01 squad and outperform this group.

The other side of this coin that is so frustrating, is the release of Dockery, Walker, and trade of Peters. We heard that their heart wasn't in it, they were lazy, couldn't keep up with the no huddle... etc. Well guess what? I'll take a lazy Dockery, and out of shape Walker, or Jason Peters in a heart beat right now. The same BS happened when we released Sam Adams. He was "fat" he was "lazy" was the excuse then. But the D-Line was much better with him. You can't just jettison these players and expect young, hungry, street free agents and assorted 7th rd. picks to replace them... I don't care how committed they are, they're simply not good players. This is just horrible all the way around.

I agree with the idea this O sucks. It probably would have been better with Turk. However, after watching Turk show complete inadequacy last year, it probably would only have been marginally better on Schonert.

Neither AVP or Schonert seem to be up to being more than QB coaches.

The fact that this O is less than nothing does not indicate Schonert was much more than the nothing he achieved as OC last year.

20 points total in the last 3 games???

Actually it's 13. The 7 against NO was on the fake FG from Moorman to Denney.

We've got 2 very good RBs and an OLine that run blocks way better than pass blocks and a bad passing QB. I say we scrap the no huddle and become a power running team. We line up and ram it down their throats. When they stack in the box we hit TO and Evans. Use our strengths instead of beating our head against a brick wall trying to be a great passing team.

well, it is his offense.

It's not the offense, it's the execution. There were numerous times when receivers were open and Trent doesn't have faith in his ability to fit the ball in. To say nothing of the worst tackle duo in NFL history.

I agree to an extent. I would cut this staff some slack for the time being if they would put Fitzpatrick in there and see what happens. I don't know if it's the concussion or what, but Trent is not the same guy anymore. When he first got here, and we got on that roll at the beginning of last season he was sharp and quick with his delivery. 3 steps and the ball was out. And the thing that made Trent so good was even when he was hitting check downs, he was hitting his guys in stride and getting great YAC to move the chains. Now Trent is horribly inaccurate on these throws, to the point that when the catch is made, the RB's are fighting for their lives because the ball is so misplaced. I was a huge believer in Trent up to this point, but he's looking eerily similar to RJ at this point. Instead of 3 steps and fire, on target, in stride, he's dropping back... waiting... waiting... sack/fumble/etc. The mental process just isn't what it was.

Guest dog14787

The only F :cry: ing thing we had to hang our hats on last year is we were starting to run the ball with authority. So what does our dumb arss GM do(or whatever you want to call him) he tears apart the O-line :wallbash: