Anyone notice DJ has TO very calm despite our slow start

Chuckknox

What make DJ such a "calming" influence on his players??

Maybe they will rally this week and get a little hope back.

1) TO has historically been a good boy his first season with a team.

2) Some think TO is calm because he knows his teammates are doing the best they can. And generally only yells at teammates when he thinks they can do better than they are.

A little hope is always a good thing.

Here's my take on T.O.:

Generally, his onfield blowups and temper tantrums happen when his team is losing and he feels that if they got him the ball more, they could win.

I think that after a few games on this team, he realizes that there isn't much even he can do to help. So he will be quietly frustrated.

I think he regrets signing here, but I don't think he will have any blow ups.

He has basically already checked out.

it's only 4 games into the season. BUT...

He is really, really trying to change his image. Reality show, stupid ABC show, admission he wants to act etc. He knows that if he keeps his mouth shut this year he can get to a new team, and get ready for his future in hollywood.

What make DJ such a "calming" influence on his players??

Maybe they will rally this week and get a little hope back.

DJ doesnt have him calm, TO's agent has him remaining calm. TO is only in a year deal and most likely wants to play next year and needs to proe to the other teams he can b a team player and say the right things by not throwing his players, coaches or team management under the bus.

DJ doesnt have him calm, TO's agent has him remaining calm. TO is only in a year deal and most likely wants to play next year and needs to proe to the other teams he can b a team player and say the right things by not throwing his players, coaches or team management under the bus.

Exactly

Agreed, but I think it's even more than that. Think about it. When has T.O. ever been in a situation quite like this before? Never. NEVER has he had to sit there and watch an entire TEAM implode on itself, and the fan base tear the OWNER a new one to such a degree that people are saying they don't care if the team DOES move to flipping Canada.

No, being silent isn't at ALL difficult for T.O. right now, and it CERTAINLY can't be something that one actually CREDITS JAURON WITH. I mean, seriously, OP, you truly, honestly believe the stuff you opened this thread with??????? :P I find that hard to believe.

the one year tenure in OP for Owens...that's going to rank as one of the most bizarre athlete-city combos for Buffalo sports.

In 10-15 years it will provide some mighty fine fodder around the campfire... a string of jokes will be said... then someone will chime in with "remember when the Bills had Owens..." more chortle and spilled beer.

:P

Owens won't say anything...just biding his time and getting paychecks.

Seems like a lot of surprised people. Many of us knew he wouldn't "destroy the team." And if he did, who gives a freak?

Don't pat yourself on the back too much now, the season is only 25% over, still lots of time for him to implode, and it will happen.

You would think that was obvious to everyone else but apparantly not :doh: People actually believe that DJ has tamed TO!

Here's my take on T.O.:

Generally, his onfield blowups and temper tantrums happen when his team is losing and he feels that if they got him the ball more, they could win.

I think that after a few games on this team, he realizes that there isn't much even he can do to help. So he will be quietly frustrated.

I think he regrets signing here, but I don't think he will have any blow ups.

He has basically already checked out.

exactly my thoughts. we're such a dysfunctional, unemotional, passion-less team that even TO has lost interest

something has to be there...to be destroyed.

His catch streak ended, and in 4 games, he has 8 catches for 158 yards and 1 TD. Since he's allegedly "all about the stats," you'd figure he would have blown up by now.