Tire alignment

JoeFerguson

Depends, when was the last time you had the alignment?

But I'd say yes, get the alignment

Last time I had an alignment was like 55,000 miles ago when I bought the new tires. Now I'm getting 4 new ones, so I think you're probably giving some good advice.

Last time I bought 4 new tires I had them do the electronic alignment for the extra $80. I hadn't really done any research. Well I need four new tires and I'm debating whether the alignment is worth it.

Discuss.

I think the "recommendation" is every 6 months, but I don't know anyone that gets them that often. Recommendation is based off getting the max life out of your tires. I usually try to get one once a year. Firestone has a deal where you pay $140 (if I'm remembering correctly) and you get alignments every 6 months for the life of the car.

I am actually getting 4 new tires tomorrow on my 2006 Pacifica... I will have the tires aligned for an extra 59 bucks... Also I notice that the front passenger tie-rod was bad... I had that changed to day... It is the wife's ride, I can only assume she hit something since the rims on the back side passenger side have a small kink in them... I will put them both in the back when I get the new tire set.

Yes, but if the guy won't include it in the price of 4 new tires, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Usually they separate the charges like I said above. Also, you want to make sure that everything else is spiffy (like my bad tie rod)... You don't want to get a new set of tires then have them puke because of a bad spindle or tie rod which of course they can tell when they are trying to align the wheels.

I am actually getting 4 new tires tomorrow on my 2006 Pacifica... I will have the tires aligned for an extra 59 bucks... Also I notice that the front passenger tie-rod was bad... I had that changed to day... It is the wife's ride, I can only assume she hit something since the rims on the back side passenger side have a small kink in them... I will put them both in the back when I get the new tire set.

Wifey has the same ride here. Great vehicle. Put 4 new tires on recently, but otherwise it's been a stellar vehicle.

And yes, always have your tires aligned and rotated, or at least checked out, during regular maintenance because not having them aligned can quickly lead to premature wear.

Wifey has the same ride here. Great vehicle. Put 4 new tires on recently, but otherwise it's been a stellar vehicle.

And yes, always have your tires aligned and rotated, or at least checked out, during regular maintenance because not having them aligned can quickly lead to premature wear.

I still haven't met a person who didn't like their Chrysler Pacifica... I think one of the reasons why Chrysler did away with it is because it used its own platform (CS) with no other vehicles sharing it.

CS

The CS is a variant of the RS platform made specifically for the Chrysler Pacifica crossover SUV.

Models:

2004–2009 Chrysler Pacifica

I got the one with the 19" wheels... :P:lol: Hard to find tires that size and they are +$$... But look nice and fill out the wheel wells nice... The bigger rims are really a drag when you go bumpity bump over say railroad tracks (I think that is where the tie rod pooped out!)...

A really great vehicle!

That year had a issue with bad transfer cases. Clicking noise on slow parking lot turns.

That is a sigh of relief... I have almost 50k...

I still can't figure out why the tie rod went and have two kinks on the inside of both passenger side rims... The wife is away, so I can't read her the riot act!

50k is not unreasonable for a tie rod end to pick up some slop from normal wear and tear.

The rims I dunno. The inside?

50k is not unreasonable for a tie rod end to pick up some slop from normal wear and tear.

The rims I dunno. The inside?

Ya... When I took it to the tire place today, I told them about it. The bends are on the inside rim bead... They said it was no big deal... I still criss-crossed that rim so both of them will now either be in the back or front when I rotate... Not on one side.

I think she flies over rough railroad crossings! :unsure::wallbash: