Linebacker Positioning

Bruuuuce

Why don't we get Maybin on the field as a LB. Schoebel and especially Kelsay are two of the few bright spots on the team this year. With Denney also playing well as a spell for either of them why not get Maybin on the field. Mitchell is now playing MLB, with Ellison and Buggs at OLB. Buggs is from the practice squad and has been getting eaten alive on Sundays. I have to think that Maybin has got to be better than Buggs, especially now that Mitchell is in the Middle. Isn't that why Buffalo drafted him, because he was a slash coming out of Penn St.?

Why don't we get Maybin on the field as a LB. Schoebel and especially Kelsay are two of the few bright spots on the team this year. With Denney also playing well as a spell for either of them why not get Maybin on the field. Mitchell is now playing MLB, with Ellison and Buggs at OLB. Buggs is from the practice squad and has been getting eaten alive on Sundays. I have to think that Maybin has got to be better than Buggs, especially now that Mitchell is in the Middle. Isn't that why Buffalo drafted him, because he was a slash coming out of Penn St.?

Buggs is going to sit and Ashley Palmer is going to start on the outside.

Maybe Maybin would show something at OLB. Lord knows he's been invisible as a pass rusher which he was drafted to do. Just seeing him being gobbled up by the Bucs RT a few weeks ago was pathetic.

you're clueless

answer: he's a DE

Easy Big Cat.

I try not to deal in reason while here at TBD.

Just the facts, ma'am.

But in all fairness, the article does read: "The defensive end has great size for a

linebacker at 6'4", 249."

It just never bothers to explain why he would or wouldn't have the skills to play the position.

You're clueless.

He can play either position and seems to be better suited sizewise as a Linebacker.

Link.

Were I an opponent, I'd love to explore his pass coverage skills if he got tossed in at LB. Will he notice the nuance of a back drifting out? Can I have my tight end make a quick chip block, take a step outside then inside? Can he beat that TE? Will he get beat because his mindset is to go after my passer and let me get an easy reception?

LB duty is different than DE duty. If they contemplate him as a LB, they better educate him with several weeks' worth of practice at the position.

Just the facts, ma'am.

But in all fairness, the article does read: "The defensive end has great size for a

linebacker at 6'4", 249."

It just never bothers to explain why he would or wouldn't have the skills to play the position.

Does it bother to explain why the !@#$ the bills drafted him at 11?

He can play either position and seems to be better suited sizewise as a Linebacker

Really? Well, apparently he doesn't play either position very well. He's tied for 23rd on the Bills, with Roscoe Parrish. Both have 2 tackles this season. Perhaps they can compete against each other at OLB... maybe give them each 10 snaps a game. That would give the starting OLB, Palmer about 52 snaps.

Aaron Maybin? Aaron Maybe? Aaron Ain't... at least not yet.

Does it bother to explain why the !@#$ the bills drafted him at 11?

He had an Eric Flowers genuine game day signed jersey.

Denney probably could play LB better than Maybin. At least he has covered TEs and WRs on occasion. The only thing Maybin seems to be able to cover his payments on his new car, etc from huge paycheck he got.