Like Jauron leaving, but...

I'm all for this - http://buf.scout.com/2/906715.html.

Use this Browns game as the last chance, or last stand like it says. A loss here would be 10x worse than even last wk.

But what's our alternative? Is Fewell like Singletary. Who would replace him? I'd go with Fewell.

Thoughts?

Fewell should have been let go the same day Schonert was. We are the easiest defense to play against.

Use this Browns game as the last chance, or last stand like it says. A loss here would be 10x worse than even last wk.

But what's our alternative? Is Fewell like Singletary. Who would replace him? I'd go with Fewell.

Thoughts?

I think DiCesare put it pretty well in the morning's Snooze...

By the way, I'm miffed by the spreading notion that Jauron is coaching for his job Sunday. You mean to tell me that beating the equally dysfunctional Cleveland Browns would qualify as a form of vindication, or validation?

link

You have to goutside the organization. Fewell's defense sucks and April's Special Teams have not been all that special so far. This week, Wilson should be lining up candidates and calling them Sunday night.

I actually like Fewell as a short term solution. He has a little bit of fire to him. Probably a little better short term solution than April (don't get me wrong I really like April, just not as the head coach). And no, this game should have NOTHING to do with whether Jauron stays or goes. This should already be decided.

By the way, I'm miffed by the spreading notion that Jauron is coaching for his job Sunday. You mean to tell me that beating the equally dysfunctional Cleveland Browns would qualify as a form of vindication, or validation?

link

I think DiCesare is looking at it from the wrong perspective. He's right that beating them proves nothing, but losing to them... That proves you shouldn't be the coach anymore... (as if that point hadn't already been proven..)

Exactly, I am a little worried that we actually win resulting in more Jauron football.

Thoughts?

Who would replace Jauron immediately? Probably April...Does it matter?...No because whoever takes over now will not be the HC come 2010...I know Folks around here don't think Ralph will do it, but I'm convinced He will bring in one of the bigger names on the Market (ie. Shanahan, Cowher, or Gruden), or he will bring in a big name Football Guy to run the whole thing and let him pick his Coach...I'm leaning towards the big name HC because of the lingering bad feelings about TD...Ralph is cheap but he's not stupid...He knows the cash cow is getting ready to go out to pasture if he does not react in a BIG way...And it's going to take a PROVEN name this time around...I think he knows it...We'll see soon enough...:nana: