Mario Lemieux saved the Pen... Jim Kelly save the Bills!

Correction, not even close to the same situation. Just look at the dollars involved for a start.

A nice thought however. Dare to dream :unsure:

True. I wasn't even getting into how much it would cost JK and co to buy the franchise, just referring to the reason that 66 was able to buy the Pens was that the franchise was drowning in debt and years of deferring salaries made ML one of the franchise's biggest creditors. Once the owners filed for bankruptcy ML was able to convert his deferred salaries into an ownership stake in the team.

It would be nice, but it's not exactly the same situation.

yeah,

lemieux got to buy the pens because the team deferred so much money they owed him that, if i remember correctly, he had one of the largest claims against the team in bankruptcy court.

unless kelly had some hidden ownership clause in his contract that nobody ever knew about, it will not be that easy.

EDIT: bmwolf21 beat me to it

Correction, not even close to the same situation. Just look at the dollars involved for a start.

A nice thought however. Dare to dream :unsure:

Jim Kelly is all talk. It's going to take hundreds of millions of dollars to save the Bills. The clock is ticking on Ralph and the Bills in Buffalo.

Would be nice to see the old man slip off and sell the team to Jim if he really has the backers for it.

Worked for the Pens and Mario, they now have a Championship and 2 of the best players in hockey....

DREAMS!

How many times do we have to have this discussion? Wilson will not sell the team- it makes no sense, it results in a double taxation of the value of the team (which means his estate will lose tens of millions of dollars).

Everyone thought Marv was going to save the Bills and that certainly worked out well. I did find it interesting to hear Thurman on WGR this morning talking about Kelly supposedly "working on some things". Anyone else hear that and find it suspicious?

maybe kelly is putting a hit out on jauron and wilson through the irish mob?