if we lose to miami does jauron get fired?

Of course there is a good chance we lose to Miami, with this team, there is a good chance we lose to Cleveland too. Either way, Jauron isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Anyone that follows this team and their ownership, knows Ralph isn't going to pay Jauron $3 million a year to sit and home and pay someone else to coach the team. Look at the last time he got rid of a coach under contract, he tried everything he could to not pay him what he owed him (Wade Phillips).

:wallbash::D Though the above statement fustrates me to no end, it 1000% true! Anyway what would changing the coach do at this point in the season? We all know it would more than likely be Bobby April and though he's a great special teams coach I don't want him as a head coach. Anyway the bottom line is if we fire DJ this seasons is a wash. It would be too much turmoil IMO for players and chemistry and we'll be looking at another season without playoffs. The sad thing is that everything with this team had to align perfectly; the offensive line coming together, defense overachieving, etc. and thus far for many reasons mainly injuries that haven't happen.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wallbash::D Though the above statement fustrates me to no end, it 1000% true! Anyway what would changing the coach do at this point in the season? We all know it would more than likely be Bobby April and though he's a great special teams coach I don't want him as a head coach. Anyway the bottom line is if we fire DJ this seasons is a wash. It would be too much turmoil IMO for players and chemistry and we'll be looking at another season without playoffs. The sad thing is that everything with this team had to align perfectly; the offensive line coming together, defense overachieving, etc. and thus far for many reasons mainly injuries that haven't happen.

point is a loss to miami sunday and it pretty much is anyway. so why keep him? i think the players would respond positively to knowing theres a change of direction coming and that winning is what counts, versus hanging around the whole season with a lame duck loser coach.

In my mind there are three big reasons why Jauron won't get fired right now:

1 - Injuries. Yes, it may be an excuse, but it exposes the lack of talent the coaching staff has to work with. The 2nd & 3rd stringers aren't exactly household names. You can't blame the coaches for injuries (well, sometimes you can, but I doubt it with this team).

2 - Continuity. There have been coaches fired in the middle of the season and it's been done before with this franchise, but (right or wrong) I truly believe Ralph thinks continuity is important. Getting rid of the head coach in the middle of the season is as anti-continuity as you can get.

3 - Potential replacements. I don't remember the last time a coach was fired in the middle of the season and someone from completely outside of the organization came in and took over (though I believe Marv did it in 1986 with the Bills). So, who would replace Jauron right now? Bobby April would be the most likely choice (he has the assistant coach label, after all), but who else would there be? Forget the big names - we know Ralph won't pony up the money - and it's not like you can grab a hot coordinator while his team is still playing.

I realize the bye week is a popular choice of ours to say "that's when Jauron gets fired", but we're all assuming that Ralph is willing to pull the trigger. Unless Ralph is overwhelmed by people within the organization saying that he has to go now, Jauron is staying until the end of year.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that.

Remember how Lee Evans confronted the coaches in the preseason? He's been a classy guy ever since he was drafted and doing something like that isn't exactly within his character. Maybe...just maybe...as much as the players have supported Jauron, they might be seeing these results far too often and be willing to accept a change.

point is a loss to miami sunday and it pretty much is anyway. so why keep him? i think the players would respond positively to knowing theres a change of direction coming and that winning is what counts, versus hanging around the whole season with a lame duck loser coach.

I dont see how the season is over if we lose to a decent/good miami team.

Like someone earlier said, if we lose to the Browns, then I agree.

Even if we lose this game there is a strong shot we get to 4-4 by the break.

I will start to share your sense of impending doom after we start losing to AFC East teams at home.

No way DJ is fired if they lose to Miami on the road. Some people who may have picked us to finish as high as 9-7 might have also felt we could be only 1-3 after the first 4 games based on the schedule.

And no way we lose to the Browns at home. We have way more talent than they do and it will be TB all over again, maybe even more one sided than that.

DJ is a pretty good coach against horrible teams (KC last year). He just is horrid against good teams and mediocre against average teams.

Seeing as we are playing with 1/4 of the starting 22 out and every game the team has been in it to the end. I don't see how a loss this week end would mean fire the head coach.

every team has injuiries. fins are playing without their starting QB, and pats went 11&5 last year w/o theirs. loss sunday means jauron is 0 & 10 in the division, so does he have a perfect excuse for that? unless they change the system to team's with worst division record wins it, 0 & 10 wont make it (oddly if jauron actually was trying to lose games at crunch time he'd probably make better decisions and win more!)

Guest dog14787

If we lose to an 0-3 team who just lost there starting QB its time to make a change in my opinion. Let Bobby April get some games under his belt until seasons end and then bring in a new HC and GM.

Guest dog14787
Ralph is loyal to a fault - nope, won't happen.

If Ralph was loyal to a fault then he will can DJ for the sake of his season ticket holders. Some who have been buying tickets for decades.

Ralph and Russ have sold their tickets. No reason to cut jauron,

in fact, THAT will be the way they market their fiasco of a team NEXT YEAR.

Bingo.

As an entertainment business that has to sell a narrative to its customers, while other teams are crafting intricate novels, Ralph, Russ et al. continually churn out lame children's fiction.

I can see it now: "Hey everybody, we've got a new coach, 25 defensive backs, and blue urinal cakes!!"

Ralph and Russ have sold their tickets. No reason to cut jauron,

in fact, THAT will be the way they market their fiasco of a team NEXT YEAR.

You know, I'm jealous I didn't come up with this but it makes perfect sense on a few levels. Hiring a head coach(even a decent proven one) would be a lot cheaper than going out and signing quality FA's. By the time the seasons ends fans will be disgruntled after we go 6-10 and will need something to pacify them.

Your points contradict themselves. First you argue that this game is much tougher than it seems (and I'm not sure who is saying this is going to be easy). And then you argue that Jauron should be fired for losing it. Why would you fire a coach four games into the season for losing a hard game?

Losing to Cleveland would be different.

No, here's why.

A good team, doesn't lose to an 0-3 team missing their starting QB and best defensive player.

The reason WHY this game could be tough is because it's VERY debatable if the Bills are a good team or not.

We're into year 4 of the Jauron experiment. We started drafting "Jauron guys" in 2006, and started signing "Jauron guys" in 2006.....so he has had 3+ offseasons to build this team. If they lose to Miami...which A LOT of us can see happening, it's not that they "lost a game they should have won"...it's more of...." they have gone nowhere in 3+ years under the same coach".

No, here's why.

A good team, doesn't lose to an 0-3 team missing their starting QB and best defensive player.

The reason WHY this game could be tough is because it's VERY debatable if the Bills are a good team or not.

We're into year 4 of the Jauron experiment. We started drafting "Jauron guys" in 2006, and started signing "Jauron guys" in 2006.....so he has had 3+ offseasons to build this team. If they lose to Miami...which A LOT of us can see happening, it's not that they "lost a game they should have won"...it's more of...." they have gone nowhere in 3+ years under the same coach".

Could not of said it better myself. This is year 4, this is the team Jauron the (*^*&%^$^#picked. He has no more excuses. If they do not make the playoffs this year I just do not see how wilson brings him back.

why not? his trickery has gotten a lot of points and opportunites for us through the years...

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that.

Remember how Lee Evans confronted the coaches in the preseason? He's been a classy guy ever since he was drafted and doing something like that isn't exactly within his character. Maybe...just maybe...as much as the players have supported Jauron, they might be seeing these results far too often and be willing to accept a change

The aforementioned are very valid points, and I tend to agree. I also can say IF Ralph did have the gut to pull the plug on DJ. I would hope it wouldn't get worst. A new head coach could be the lift needed but like mentioned in other post we have been hit by the injury bug, so really how much could you squeeze out of a 1-3 team (at that point) that only win is against Tampa and you just lost to a winless team. Now don't get me wrong I'm not the doom and gloom sky is falling type. I bet Blo to win (with points) on the NO game (call me crazy!) I just feel something drastic have to happen to get this team moving -beginning with the HC but the reality is that it more than likely won't happen so we should prepare for another 7-9 6-10 season. I've been a Dj supporter but any HC that punt the ball away down 10 with 7 minutes to go and your defense in DIRE need of a blow is an idiot!!! :D