What Was the Last Big Win This Team has Had??

AF88Bills

I can't think of any. They've gotten us excited a couple of times in the past coupla yrs...but I cant' recall a big games where we've upset someone, or won a meaning game.

Anyone know of any within, say, the last 5 yrs?

So sad, but so true.

Well, we beat the Redskins in '07 after Sean Taylor died on a last second FG by Lindell...they finished 9-7 that year. In '06 we hammered the Jets at the Meadowlands 31-13 as Losman might have had his best day as a pro...they finished 10-6 that year. In '05, we had 2 such wins, even we finished 5-11 that year under Mularkey. We beat KC 14-3 in the game where Losman came in relief of Holcomb and hit Evans on 2 long bombs. KC finished 10-6 that year. We then went on the road in the second last game against Cincinnati and beat them 37-27, in a game McGee intercepted Carson Palmer late and returned it for a TD after returning a kickoff 99 yards for a TD earlier in the second half. I clearly remember this game as we were traveling to my wife's family's house in Ohio and I had to listen to it on the radio and everyone thought we were gonna get rocked since the Bengals were really good that year...they finished 11-5 on the year...

not sure how many of these or if any of these were "big" games since the Bills were basically either eliminated from the playoffs by that time in the season or were completely out of it from the get go...

Usually big games to me are games that have a direct influence on their playoff chances...

Well, we beat the Redskins in '07 after Sean Taylor died on a last second FG by Lindell...they finished 9-7 that year. In '06 we hammered the Jets at the Meadowlands 31-13 as Losman might have had his best day as a pro...they finished 10-6 that year. In '05, we had 2 such wins, even we finished 5-11 that year under Mularkey. We beat KC 14-3 in the game where Losman came in relief of Holcomb and hit Evans on 2 long bombs. KC finished 10-6 that year. We then went on the road in the second last game against Cincinnati and beat them 37-27, in a game McGee intercepted Carson Palmer late and returned it for a TD after returning a kickoff 99 yards for a TD earlier in the second half. I clearly remember this game as we were traveling to my wife's family's house in Ohio and I had to listen to it on the radio and everyone thought we were gonna get rocked since the Bengals were really good that year...they finished 11-5 on the year...

not sure how many of these or if any of these were "big" games since the Bills were basically either eliminated from the playoffs by that time in the season or were completely out of it from the get go...

Usually big games to me are games that have a direct influence on their playoff chances...

In fairness to Lindell, Sean Taylor died well before his FG. Rian is no murderer.

Well under Jauron the Bills have 2 wins against teams who finished the season above .500....in 2007 against the Redskins (9-7)...and in 2006 against the Jets (10-6). In 2005, under Mularkey, the Bills beat the Dolphins (9-7), Chiefs (10-6), and Bengals (11-5). In 2004 the Bills beat the Jets (9-7) and Seahawks (9-7).

I would have to say the '04 season was the last season that was truly exciting till the finish...unlike the '08 Bills, this team didnt have to come from behind against teams like the Raiders and Rams. Weeks 11 through 17 the offense was on fire, averaging 36ppg and scoring 30+ in 6 straight games....whereas the Bills under Jauron have scored 30+ only 7 times in 3 seasons.

Well under Jauron the Bills have 2 wins against teams who finished the season above .500....in 2007 against the Redskins (9-7)...and in 2006 against the Jets (10-6). In 2005, under Mularkey, the Bills beat the Dolphins (9-7), Chiefs (10-6), and Bengals (11-5). In 2004 the Bills beat the Jets (9-7) and Seahawks (9-7).

I would have to say the '04 season was the last season that was truly exciting till the finish...unlike the '08 Bills, this team didnt have to come from behind against teams like the Raiders and Rams. Weeks 11 through 17 the offense was on fire, averaging 36ppg and scoring 30+ in 6 straight games....whereas the Bills under Jauron have scored 30+ only 7 times in 3 seasons.

flutie bootleg vs jville 98?

I think people considered last year's win over San Diego pretty big at the time. Of course, San Diego was under .500 entering the game.

That was definitely the biggest win last year...and even though KC was terrible it was nice to see the Bills blow a team out for once.

We then went on the road in the second last game against Cincinnati and beat them 37-27, in a game McGee intercepted Carson Palmer late and returned it for a TD after returning a kickoff 99 yards for a TD earlier in the second half.

When my friends and I discussed this exact topic after the game today, this is the game we came up with.

I can't think of any. They've gotten us excited a couple of times in the past coupla yrs...but I cant' recall a big games where we've upset someone, or won a meaning game.

October 19, 2008 vs. San Diego... that was a big one. Unfortunately, we never built on it...

The last 5 years? Yeah, the last "big win" was 5 years ago. It's not worth looking up, because I'm so disgusted with the Bills right now, but it was during the 2004 Mularkey/Bledsoe year. I think they started 3-6-0 that season. Then, out of nowhere, that team went on a tear, and reeled off 6 consecutive wins. So the 6th consecutive win that season, was it at Seattle? At the Rams? Who knows? But that regular season win that improved their record to 9-6-0, was the last "big win" in the history of the Bills.

Five years ago. It sucks being us Bills fans, doesn'it it? <_<

The last 5 years? Yeah, the last "big win" was 5 years ago. It's not worth looking up, because I'm so disgusted with the Bills right now, but it was during the 2004 Mularkey/Bledsoe year. I think they started 3-6-0 that season. Then, out of nowhere, that team went on a tear, and reeled off 6 consecutive wins. So the 6th consecutive win that season, was it at Seattle? At the Rams? Who knows? But that regular season win that improved their record to 9-6-0, was the last "big win" in the history of the Bills.

Five years ago. It sucks being us Bills fans, doesn'it it? <_<

That was the last year teh Bills had a meaningful game in January, where they tanked against the Steelers.

We've had two good chances to have "big wins" this year. The NE loss falls largely on the coaches (no help from McKelvin), and today's falls mostly on the players, but once again, DJ removed any chance to comeback by punting on 4th and 1.

October 19, 2008 vs. San Diego... that was a big one. Unfortunately, we never built on it...

You can say we never built on it.... we only had one more decent game the entire year (Denver) in what turned out to be maybe the most disappointing year of the last decade when you consider the 4-0 and 5-1 start.