JP

firemedic

true he did quit. I'm just perplexed there's still JP threads when he's no longer in the NFL. When it really has little to do with how he was/wasn't coached and more to do with the guy was just a ****ty quarterback

Whether you choose to ignore it or not, the Bills "development" of Losman was a clinic in how to ruin a QB. He wasn't ready when Donahoe anointed him and he's worse now.

Whether you choose to ignore it or not, the Bills "development" of Losman was a clinic in how to ruin a QB. He wasn't ready when Donahoe anointed him and he's worse now.

Whether you choose to ignore it or not, the Bills "development" of Losman was a clinic in how to polish a turd

Nothing against JP as person or a player. He gave it his best shot and tried to be a stand up member of the community.

Unfortunately he just didn't have what it takes on the field

JP's problem was JP not the OC. Sure with better coaching he may have been a better QB but he was too reckless when the game was on the line. JP held on to the ball too long, that was his biggest problem...

'Nuff said. :)

I BET ROB JOHNSON COULD FINALLY SUCCEED WITH AVP AS THE OC! :w00t:

:lol:

I have that GD Losman Jersey still. Maybe I'll wear it for Halloween! Talk about frightening!! :huh:

Its still probably to early to get to carried away about AVP(even though I am) but JP Losman with a decent OC grooming him would still be a starting QB in the NFL in my opinion. JP Probably had the strongest arm in the NFL, intelligent, great work ethic, good character, good accuracy, good mobility, and an awesome long ball that T.O. would have loved.

It urks me to see JP out of the league, it really does. :unsure:

Link

Whether you choose to ignore it or not, the Bills "development" of Losman was a clinic in how to try and polish a turd

Nothing against JP as person or a player. He gave it his best shot and tried to be a stand up member of the community.

Fixed! :blush:

Here are the facts that the JP supporters don't want to admit:

He had one of the most respected QB mentors, Sam Wyche, as virtually his individual coach his 1st two seasons here. If he couldn't develop under Wyche, then he has no one to blame but himself.

Not one, but two head coaches benched him-why-because they felt that another QB would lead the team to more wins-and guess what-THEY WERE RIGHT! Look at the team's W-L records with JP & the other guy-the win % is indisputable.

Why did both HCs bench him?-self preservation.

So now, all of a sudden, AVP would have been able to do what Sam Wyche & the others couldn't. Mularkey has ruined Matt Ryan, hasn't he? Blame him for another bust, John Beck while you're at it.

When you can't blame the coaches, you turn to the GM. Well the GM sure made a mistake-by drafting him in the 1st place! Virtually every 1st round QB is expected to be ready to start in his 2nd season. Today, many start as rookies-see Sanchez, Ryan & Flacco who have not been ruined at all but are thriving.

The bottom line is you JP supporters are so blind you can't see anything. JP was a bust, if he wasn't someone in the NFL would have wanted him. Instead he's in a 4 team 6 game season minor league.

Who will you blame when he gets benched in favor of Tim Rattay?

For the record, I was very much in favor of drafting JP in 2004. I even started a string the morning of the draft on why we should draft him in the 1st round. Ice called him a coach killer & at least once, he was spot on. Since I've never relied on stats to judge Bills' players, it wasn't too long into JP's career that I could see he didn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB. The coaches, who saw a lot more of JP than me or you, recognized that they couldn't win with him. The only reason he was the starter in 2006 was because the guy they thought might give him some competition, Craig Nall got hurt & was so bad that he was soon out of the NFL and he recently got cut by Florida in the UFL. Maybe a year or 2 from now, when JP is out of football, you'll wake up & realize he was the coach killer, the coaches didn't damage him.

Whether you choose to ignore it or not, the Bills "development" of Losman was a clinic in how to polish a turd

I agree that Losman was a bust. That doesn't mean that the Bills organization is off the hook completely. Exactly the opposite, in fact. (I saw no "polishing" going on. Losman last year was a horrible QB and ended his career looking like a far worse player than he started.)

Its still probably to early to get to carried away about AVP(even though I am) but JP Losman with a decent OC grooming him would still be a starting QB in the NFL in my opinion. JP Probably had the strongest arm in the NFL, intelligent, great work ethic, good character, good accuracy, good mobility, and an awesome long ball that T.O. would have loved.

It urks me to see JP out of the league, it really does. :unsure:

Arm strength no question, intelligence i strongly disagree. I'd take a gamer who can disect defenses any day rather than a jock with a strong arm.

Here are the facts that the JP supporters don't want to admit:

He had one of the most respected QB mentors, Sam Wyche, as virtually his individual coach his 1st two seasons here. If he couldn't develop under Wyche, then he has no one to blame but himself.

Not one, but two head coaches benched him-why-because they felt that another QB would lead the team to more wins-and guess what-THEY WERE RIGHT! Look at the team's W-L records with JP & the other guy-the win % is indisputable.

Why did both HCs bench him?-self preservation.

So now, all of a sudden, AVP would have been able to do what Sam Wyche & the others couldn't. Mularkey has ruined Matt Ryan, hasn't he? Blame him for another bust, John Beck while you're at it.

When you can't blame the coaches, you turn to the GM. Well the GM sure made a mistake-by drafting him in the 1st place! Virtually every 1st round QB is expected to be ready to start in his 2nd season. Today, many start as rookies-see Sanchez, Ryan & Flacco who have not been ruined at all but are thriving.

The bottom line is you JP supporters are so blind you can't see anything. JP was a bust, if he wasn't someone in the NFL would have wanted him. Instead he's in a 4 team 6 game season minor league.

Who will you blame when he gets benched in favor of Tim Rattay?

For the record, I was very much in favor of drafting JP in 2004. I even started a string the morning of the draft on why we should draft him in the 1st round. Ice called him a coach killer & at least once, he was spot on. Since I've never relied on stats to judge Bills' players, it wasn't too long into JP's career that I could see he didn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB. The coaches, who saw a lot more of JP than me or you, recognized that they couldn't win with him. The only reason he was the starter in 2006 was because the guy they thought might give him some competition, Craig Nall got hurt & was so bad that he was soon out of the NFL and he recently got cut by Florida in the UFL. Maybe a year or 2 from now, when JP is out of football, you'll wake up & realize he was the coach killer, the coaches didn't damage him.

Fact, J.P. Losman got better each year his first three years. The final nine games in 2006, rank 2nd with 5.6 tds percentage. And thats when they open up the offense that year .That was Turks first year here in Buffalo and then it was all down hill since for him. I don't think Edwards showed any improvement while Turk was here either. Go to Turks Bio for the 5.6 td percentage quote.

Look at the team's W-L records with JP & the other guy-the win % is indisputable.

In 2007 The teams that Losman started againts had a win and lost record of 68-44 and 2008 they had a win and lost record of 20-12. Edwards started againts teams with 64 wins and 80 lost in 2007 and in 2008 they had 96 wins and 128 lost. So Losman in 9 starts in last two years had a combine recod of 88 wins and 56 lost. thats more than 9 wins a team. Edwards had 23 starts the last two years and they had a combine win and lost record of 160 wins and 208 lost, that more than 6 wins a team. We were 7-9 in 2006 and 7-9 since. We had easier schedule the last two years. Edwards looked good the first two games this year and I hope he keeps it up all year. Play calling looks better this year than in the past.