What does everyone think?

Clearly Edwards has found a trusting target in Schouman. Here's my question: Does the loss of Schouman force Edwards to look to the wideouts more, hence being a good thing? Or will we learn that the Edwards/Schouman relationship was important enough to cause Edwards to regress?

Very good post.

Guest dog14787
Clearly Edwards has found a trusting target in Schouman. Here's my question: Does the loss of Schouman force Edwards to look to the wideouts more, hence being a good thing? Or will we learn that the Edwards/Schouman relationship was important enough to cause Edwards to regress?

I think Edwards keeps utilizing his TE's properly to stay with the balanced attack with Nelson, Stupar and Fine.

I think Edwards keeps utilizing his TE's properly to stay with the balanced attack with Nelson, Stupar and Fine.

Stupar is a very good pass Catching TE. Edwards will find him and Fred. If the Saints are going to blitz a lot we need to use our WR's if our line can hold their blocks. "You live by the blitz....."

Last I heard Nelson was doubtful but I hope he plays. In my opinion he's by far the best option after Schouman. A tight end that's actually a threat.

How would we know? Our tight ends got used so little last year that nobody knows how good they can be. I agree Nelson is going to be good for us, but the others may play better than expected.

Guest dog14787
How would we know? Our tight ends got used so little last year that nobody knows how good they can be. I agree Nelson is going to be good for us, but the others may play better than expected.

Stupar was leading the National Football League in receptions 3 games into the preseason(All receivers). I realize it was against second and third stringers, but Jonathan Stupar is a good Football player and he's only going to get better.

Stupar was leading the National Football League in receptions 3 games into the preseason(All receivers). I realize it was against second and third stringers, but Jonathan Stupar is a good Football player and he's only going to get better.

Right on. He's going to be a very nice suprise for some Bills fans.

When Schoumann went out, the Bills had Reed on the field a heck of a lot more, and he started making the catches it seemed like Schoumann had been. Not sure if this was a one week solution and this week the replacement TEs will take back over (not even sure Reed is going to play), but it was nice to see they have a couple of options for those mid-range, middle of the field passes (TE or slot receiver both seemed to work against TB anyway)

As an outlet Jackson is there and possibly Reed (if he is healthy at gametime), but I would really like to see Edwards get very comfortable throwing to Nelson. Nelson can make a big difference on this team, although he still has to polish up his blocking. At least the kid is coachable and is putting a lot of effort into the blocking area, he is already a natural at running and catching the ball. Too bad he got hurt, but I hope he is ready to go this game, we will need some game-breaking plays.

I never thought much of Schouman, but at the same time I never would wish a season ending injury to any Buffalo Bill, and only less than a handful of guys in the entire league for that matter. In the long term though, like it has already been said, this will be good for Edwards progression as a QB in learning to find different targets as well as the rest of the TE's who IMO all have higher upside than Schouman. On almost any other team Schouman is a 3rd string TE, and I hope he has a full recovery and continues making a proffesional football players salary here or somewhere else.

I'm really surprised at most people's low opinion of Schouman. I don't think the loss of Schouman can be shrugged off so quickly without at least the notion that it could be detrimental to Edwards. I for one think Schouman was the starter because he earned it. Not only because he is a fine pass catcher and an adequate blocker, but because he built a rapport with the Quarterback.

Again, what we have been doing on offense has been working? Why is everyone obessed with throwing to wrs? I have absolutely no problem with Trent taking what the defense is giving him and moving the chains.

The big difference in my opinion is cashing it in the scoring territory (I considered that the opponets' 40 yard line and in). And so far this year, we have been a much better team at that.

Guest dog14787
Again, what we have been doing on offense has been working? Why is everyone obessed with throwing to wrs? I have absolutely no problem with Trent taking what the defense is giving him and moving the chains.

The big difference in my opinion is cashing it in the scoring territory (I considered that the opponets' 40 yard line and in). And so far this year, we have been a much better team at that.

No doubt, one of our biggest problems with the Offense over the last few years is poor output from the TE position.

We are running a very balanced attack right now which makes us very hard to defend.

I'm really surprised at most people's low opinion of Schouman. I don't think the loss of Schouman can be shrugged off so quickly without at least the notion that it could be detrimental to Edwards. I for one think Schouman was the starter because he earned it. Not only because he is a fine pass catcher and an adequate blocker, but because he built a rapport with the Quarterback.

Van Pelt said that Fine would have started the opener if he was healthy. I'm not Schouman's biggest fan but he was playing well. I just think the other 2 guys have more potential and I'm excited to see them get more time.

The reason Schouman was getting a good rapport with Edwards was because of senority, not ability. That is IMO Dick Jauron's biggest problem. Now an opportunity is there for a TE with higher upside to build a rapport with Edwards which my good friends and fellow Bills fans, is a GOOD thing. :unsure:

Stupar, he hit passes to Stupar in preseason. So I would say no.

If Shouman runs his routes better than the other TEs or reads and makes better adjustments to the defense than the other TEs, then Edwards might be in trouble if his hot read or check-down receiver is not where he is supposed to be.

I doubt, though, that Edwards is saying, 'my buddy Shouman is gone, now I'm going to throw to my next best buddy Owens.'

Fine, Nelson, and Stupar are going to have to step up and do the job that Shouman was doing, and Edwards will be fine.