STUPAR

We have won one game, one.

This teams success this season will be testament to our QB's capabilities and AVP play calling. I like McKelvin allot, but why start all over when Greer could have done a good job. Why let loose of good players and even take a gamble on the O-line. Who have we faced so far, The Pats depleted defense that the Jets and a Rookie QB crushed, and the Bucs.

16-9 is crushing a defense? we got crushed this weekend too then. AND WE WON.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Sounds like Russ Brandon to me!!!!....Well ultimately I think the hiring and firing of coaches is Ralphie but other than that it sounds like what Brandon does. I guess the point is ... what's in a name?

How does a Vice president of marketing become GM, does that even make sense.

Our organizational operations have been obvious over the last few years with poor results.

you say we need a GM, What was Levy? How about Donahoe? pretty sure they were "GM's" and this team did really well didn't they? I'll keep our "fake" (according to you) GM Mr.Brandon for now as long as i keep seeing the imporvement in this team that I am, thanks.

Why should he have a chip on his shoulder? I would think he is thrilled and excited to get the chance to play Sunday. He has no reason to be bitter.

Lets see...the guy is probably the best TE on the team..had a great preseason..than got cut..then activated, then cut..Now he is back due to an injury to someone that he should have made the team ahead of.

Nothing to be bitter about there.

Guest dog14787
you say we need a GM, What was Levy? How about Donahoe? pretty sure they were "GM's" and this team did really well didn't they? I'll keep our "fake" (according to you) GM Mr.Brandon for now as long as i keep seeing the imporvement in this team that I am, thanks.

Signing T.O. was a bold and brilliant move.

Does everyone realize that for a tight end, catching the football is at best 50% of the position. Stupar caught a lot of passes against 2nd and 3rd team defensive players, most of who are no longer on NFL rosters. How is he at blocking? If you cant answer that question, how can you possibly say he is the best tight end on the roster.

Shockingly, when he was waived (twice), no one picked him up. But he is our best tight end because he caught some passes against 3rd stringers. Sheesh

Our previous "GMs" didn't hit on every draft pick or free agent pickup to be sure but nothing is guaranteed. Russ has made some TOUGH decisions and I haven't agreed with everyone of them I can tell ya that. As I have said before, so far so good!

Same here if he gets any play time, but the coaching staff seems hell bent on on forcing their draft pics down our throats to justify them just like they in all likely hood probably give Lynch his starting position back regardless of what Fred Jackson does. :unsure:

This is another problem that stems from not having a GM in my opinion. A GM will set things straight with the HC and will not be held hostage by someones agent complaining why a certain player isn't getting treated properly. (maybe I'm out of line here)

Sorry Dog I have to side with Magox on this one. Way to early to write Brandon off.

Now if you were arguing that Wilson generally does not hire proven GM's then maybe I would agree, but Donahoe came in with a pedigree and look what he accomplished, other than "regionalizing" the franchise - not a whole heck of a lot of progress.

Does everyone realize that for a tight end, catching the football is at best 50% of the position. Stupar caught a lot of passes against 2nd and 3rd team defensive players, most of who are no longer on NFL rosters. How is he at blocking? If you cant answer that question, how can you possibly say he is the best tight end on the roster.

Shockingly, when he was waived (twice), no one picked him up. But he is our best tight end because he caught some passes against 3rd stringers. Sheesh

I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down and I won't quibble on the percentage that passing represents of a TE's duties. He was however pretty good at that part of the job. He wasn't fast, he wasn't incredibly athletic he just somehow got open and caught passes. Blocking is VERY important to the TE position or they would just be big slow WRs. I was not impressed with Schouman as a blocker so I don't know that Stupar or Nelson could be any worse.

First, give Russ whatever title you want, but he's in effect serving the function as a GM.

Second, do you honestly believe Jauron or anyone else is "be held hostage by someones agent"?

Third, isn't it one the GM's responsibilities to oversee the draft? Therefore, wouldn't it be the GM forcing his draft picks down our throats and not the coaching staff?

I understand your frustration with the FO and Jauron. I really do. But, now you're just making stuff up to re-enforce your opinions.

Lynch will see plenty of playing time because for the last 2 years he's out performed Jackson. That's not a slight on Jackson at all. It' kinda like the question of who's the number 1 WR - Evans or Owens? Jackson and Lynch will both see plenty of playing time and have ample opportunities to succeed. Who walks onto the field on the first snap is largely irrelevant.

Schouman got the starts because he was the most experienced TE on our roster and the TE that Trent felt most comfortable with. I doubt it was much more than that. Stupar will now be given his chance. And if he continues to produce, he'll continue to play for this team and see plenty of playing time in that same way Jackson is.

Good Point, We a nice problem don't we, so the point is not really who is no. 1 or no.2, get all of them the ball, problem

solved, nice problem to have, eh? We haven't had problems like this to ponder in the recent past, so let's enjoy our problem, while it lasts.

As far s Stupar goes, same thing applies, and the biggest thing that I see in the difference between this year's

team, and last's, is DEPTH, we finally have goood DEPTH. Not to jinx, cause I know it's still early, but I think that

Stupar is going to come out surly.

I edited this once, because after looking at it, I realized that it ended in a rhyme, so I edited it again, with

another stanza, just to prove, that I was still the manza.

O.K., I have had a Couple beers!

Guest dog14787
Sorry Dog I have to side with Magox on this one. Way to early to write Brandon off.

Now if you were arguing that Wilson generally does not hire proven GM's then maybe I would agree, but Donahoe came in with a pedigree and look what he accomplished, other than "regionalizing" the franchise - not a whole heck of a lot of progress.

I'm not writing Russ Brandon off and don't mean to sound so negative, especially when things are looking up for a change.

I like the way our football team has come together and AVP has been like a breath of fresh air.

Your analysis is dazzling...would have missed all that hadn't of been for you...

Give youself $10 you deserve it for this one.