STUPAR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right, because according to Chris Brown:

Shawn Nelson and John McCargo were both watching practice here on Friday.

Nelson and McCargo were both limited yesterday in practice.

Josh Reed appears limited. We’ll get the official designations for all players from coach Jauron after practice.

Also, both McKelvin and McGee were both practicing fully according to Mark Gaughan's live chat going on now.

Also, both McKelvin and McGee were both practicing fully according to Mark Gaughan's live chat going on now.

I like Nelson..guy is a playmaker but Fine hasn't shown all that much.

Stupar was the best TE all through preseason...guy just needs a chance to get on the field...I believe

his play will speak for itself.

Guest dog14787
Got the feeling that this kid is gonna play with a chip on his shoulder.

He should have made the team outright...Love to see him have a big game this week.

Same here if he gets any play time, but the coaching staff seems hell bent on on forcing their draft pics down our throats to justify them just like they in all likely hood probably give Lynch his starting position back regardless of what Fred Jackson does. <_<

This is another problem that stems from not having a GM in my opinion. A GM will set things straight with the HC and will not be held hostage by someones agent complaining why a certain player isn't getting treated properly. (maybe I'm out of line here)

Too bad about Nelson, I really thought that he could end up being more of the outlet receiver for Edwards than Reed.

Reed draws a tough assignment over the middle and underneath. He gets nailed a lot - he just doesn't have that Welker ability to slide away from clean tackles. No suprise he is hurting - he took a shot last week that I thought would keep him out of the rest of the game when he converted a 3rd down for us.

Same here if he gets any play time, but the coaching staff seems hell bent on on forcing their draft pics down our throats to justify them just like they in all likely hood probably give Lynch his starting position back regardless of what Fred Jackson does. <_<

This is another problem that stems from not having a GM in my opinion. A GM will set things straight with the HC and will not be held hostage by someones agent complaining why a certain player isn't getting treated properly. (maybe I'm out of line here)

Ya think?

Guest dog14787
Ya think?

The GM has an obligation first and for most to the teams success, not to an individual player or coach.

We do not have the proper chain of command without a GM, can you honestly tell me it doesn't have a trickle down effect on the proper management of this team.

This is the same staff that is forcing two rookie guards on us. LOL. BELIEVE ME. I was and still am somewhat skeptical. SO FAR SO GOOD! They have earned some trust from me. Behind that line Trent is still on his feet and Jackson looks like he should be at the very least be getting 20 touches even when Lynch comes back. We have another contributing pass rusher with Maybin, a promising you tight end in Nelson who has already caught a TD. These recent draft picks are good! Wait until Nic Harris is ready to contribute!

That being said I have the sense that we are much more receptive to playing young talent now as opposed to making them wait than we have been in the past. TRUE, we had a LONG way to go in this respect. I don't know where the pressure is coming from but it's happening. The TE position and possibly the DE position are the only areas where we might have undrafted and or free agent talent that could/should be contributing over some starters. Due to injury we will see this talent at TE and I hope Stupar and Nelson BOTH see plenty of time.

It's only week 2. Let's give them some time and a break as I feel they deserve some leeway after making some very risky personnel moves that seem to be working.

Guest dog14787
This is the same staff that is forcing two rookie guards on us. LOL. BELIEVE ME. I was and still am somewhat skeptical. SO FAR SO GOOD! They have earned some trust from me. Behind that line Trent is still on his feet and Jackson looks like he should be at the very least be getting 20 touches even when Lynch comes back. We have another contributing pass rusher with Maybin, a promising you tight end in Nelson who has already caught a TD. These recent draft picks are good! Wait until Nic Harris is ready to contribute!

That being said I have the sense that we are much more receptive to playing young talent now as opposed to making them wait than we have been in the past. TRUE, we had a LONG way to go in this respect. I don't know where the pressure is coming from but it's happening. The TE position and possibly the DE position are the only areas where we might have undrafted and or free agent talent that could/should be contributing over some starters. Due to injury we will see this talent at TE and I hope Stupar and Nelson BOTH see plenty of time.

I think they will but it's only week 2. Let's give them some time and a break as I feel they deserve some leeway after making some very risky personnel moves that seem to be working.

Taking Jackson out of the starting lineup hurts this ball club period...

The GM has an obligation first and for most to the teams success, not to an individual player or coach.

We do not have the proper chain of command without a GM, can you honestly tell me it doesn't have a trickle down effect on the proper management of this team.

I completely disagree with GM's interfering with coaches game plans. That's just me.

Let me ask you this, considering Russ Brandon has only been at the helm for less than 18 months, what has he done for you to believe that he has caused this team to not have success?

Were the free agent signings a bust? Was the cuts he made not the one's we should of? The trade of Peters for Wood and Nelson a bad one? Was last years and this years draft a bad one up to now?

just wonderin

First, give Russ whatever title you want, but he's in effect serving the function as a GM.

Second, do you honestly believe Jauron or anyone else is "be held hostage by someones agent"?

Third, isn't it one the GM's responsibilities to oversee the draft? Therefore, wouldn't it be the GM forcing his draft picks down our throats and not the coaching staff?

I understand your frustration with the FO and Jauron. I really do. But, now you're just making stuff up to re-enforce your opinions.

Lynch will see plenty of playing time because for the last 2 years he's out performed Jackson. That's not a slight on Jackson at all. It' kinda like the question of who's the number 1 WR - Evans or Owens? Jackson and Lynch will both see plenty of playing time and have ample opportunities to succeed. Who walks onto the field on the first snap is largely irrelevant.

Schouman got the starts because he was the most experienced TE on our roster and the TE that Trent felt most comfortable with. I doubt it was much more than that. Stupar will now be given his chance. And if he continues to produce, he'll continue to play for this team and see plenty of playing time in that same way Jackson is.

Taking Jackson out of the starting lineup hurts this ball club period...

Eh, starting, contributing. It's all semantics. Whether Jackson or Lynch is the "starter" they both, repeat BOTH, need to see a LOT of action. These guys are great weapons. I don't know where it's coming from but this Lynch vs Jackson stuff is silly. I am ecstatic that we have the two of them. I'm not sure why people are hating on Lynch. Jackson is a 28 year old man who has been playing 6 years of professional football (3 in the NFL). Lynch is a 23 year old YOUNG man who has yet to play the first game of his 3rd year. The guy turns nothing into something and has better leg drive than any other RB in the league.

What do you say we let Lynch come back and get used to this new line that actually seems to be able to pull and open holes in the run game and see what HE can do before we throw him under the bus? Again, this RB "tandem" should be getting at least 40 touches between them. Starter? Co-starter? Back-up? Change of pace? WHO CARES!?!?!? These guys need the ball in their hands and defenses will PAY!

Back on topic. Nelson and Stupar should be our starting TEs in 2 TE sets. LOL. Fine will be in there to spell people possibly in short yardage situations where his size and supposed superior blocking ability would be a plus.

Guest dog14787
I completely disagree with GM's interfering with coaches game plans. That's just me.

Let me ask you this, considering Russ Brandon has only been at the helm for less than 18 months, what has he done for you to believe that he has caused this team to not have success?

Were the free agent signings a bust? Was the cuts he made not the one's we should of? The trade of Peters for Wood and Nelson a bad one? Was last years and this years draft a bad one up to now?

just wonderin

We have won one game, one.

This teams success this season will be testament to our QB's capabilities and AVP play calling. I like McKelvin allot, but why start all over when Greer could have done a good job. Why let loose of good players and even take a gamble on the O-line. Who have we faced so far, The Pats depleted defense that the Jets and a Rookie QB crushed, and the Bucs.

The GM's job is to acquire players. It is the Coaches job to decide which of those players play. I can't think of one successful team that the GM told the coach who to play. No decent coach would put up with that. In fact Bill Parcells had a famous saying regarding this subject. He said "If I'm cooking the dinner, I should have a say in buying the groceries." He wanted some control over who was acquired (the GM's job).

We have won one game, one.

This teams success this season will be testament to our QB's capabilities and AVP play calling. I like McKelvin allot, but why start all over when Greer could have done a good job. Why let loose of good players and even take a gamble on the O-line. Who have we faced so far, The Pats depleted defense that the Jets and a Rookie QB crushed, and the Bucs.

what good players did we let loose?

Guest dog14787
First, give Russ whatever title you want, but he's in effect serving the function as a GM.

Second, do you honestly believe Jauron or anyone else is "be held hostage by someones agent"?

Third, isn't it one the GM's responsibilities to oversee the draft? Therefore, wouldn't it be the GM forcing his draft picks down our throats and not the coaching staff?

I understand your frustration with the FO and Jauron. I really do. But, now you're just making stuff up to re-enforce your opinions.

Lynch will see plenty of playing time because for the last 2 years he's out performed Jackson. That's not a slight on Jackson at all. It' kinda like the question of who's the number 1 WR - Evans or Owens? Jackson and Lynch will both see plenty of playing time and have ample opportunities to succeed. Who walks onto the field on the first snap is largely irrelevant.

Schouman got the starts because he was the most experienced TE on our roster and the TE that Trent felt most comfortable with. I doubt it was much more than that. Stupar will now be given his chance. And if he continues to produce, he'll continue to play for this team and see plenty of playing time in that same way Jackson is.

Making what up, I don't think anything was fabricated in my posts. We have an owner and coach making decisions a GM should be making.

Guest dog14787
what good players did we let loose?

Dockery, Peters, Greer for starters and all the good players we skipped over to draft DB's.

I'm not saying we didn't have a good draft, but we were drafting players we should of already had in place.

Dockery, Peters, Greer for starters and all the good players we skipped over to draft DB's.

I'm not saying we didn't have a good draft, but we were drafting players we should of already had in place.

Considering we saved about $6 Million a year and we got Woods and Nelson for Peters, I would say that argument doesn't fly.

Dockery good??? :unsure:

Greer, he was good, but we have Mcgee who is better locked up, we have Mckelvin, Corner and Lankster, So we are more than fine with that.