WHOA Trent PWNED Brady - check it out

Umm yes actually he did HANDILY out-play Tom Brady. If you extrapolate Trent's numbers across the same number of plays, the comparison would look like this:

Trent: 32/53 (15/25 = 60% | 32/53 = 60%) 450 yards (8.5 ypa x 53 attempts); 4 TDs (53 attempts / 12.5 attempts per TD); 0 ints

Brady: 39/53 378 yards; 2 TDs; 1 int

This extrapolation was based on the individual passing statistics listed on espn:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290914017

Surely you would recognize that the quarterback with substantially more attempts would have more yardage and TD opportunities. So if you apply Trents actual numbers across the same numbers of attempts, you can make a very reasonable argument that Trents actual numbers were FAR more impressive than Tom Brady. So yea, the rating was in this case a very accurate indicator of performance for those two QBs. But thanks for playing.

Also, if you think Trent wasn't looking down field enough, we can observe the comparison between yards per *completion*:

Trent: 212 yards/15 completions = 14.1 yards per completion (which is effing RIGHTEOUS)

Brady: 378 yards /39 completions = 9.7 yards per completion (good but not Trent Edwards good)

So clearly, he was getting more plays down field for more yards per capita than Tom Brady. If we didn't have at least 3 balls dropped that should have been caught, even *if* they weren't exactly perfect, the difference between Edwards and Brady would be even more profound.

This post was originally posted in response on like the fourth page of a thread started by another forum member, but I found it so intriguing after I did the calculations that I thought you would all appreciate a new thread for it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First I thought Trent played great.

However looking at his yards is misleading. He gained 35 yards on the final two plays and 83 yards came on screen plays to Fred Jackson. That is not throwing it downfield.

He did have a very nice 21 yrd gain to Mr. Third Down Josh Reed(LOL) called back by penalty

Umm yes actually he did HANDILY out-play Tom Brady. If you extrapolate Trent's numbers across the same number of plays, the comparison would look like this:

Trent: 32/53 (15/25 = 60% | 32/53 = 60%) 450 yards (8.5 ypa x 53 attempts); 4 TDs (53 attempts / 12.5 attempts per TD); 0 ints

This extrapolation was based on the individual passing statistics listed on espn:

Surely you would recognize that the quarterback with substantially more attempts would have more yardage and TD opportunities. So if you apply Trents actual numbers across the same numbers of attempts, you can make a very reasonable argument that Trents actual numbers were FAR more impressive than Tom Brady. So yea, the rating was in this case a very accurate indicator of performance for those two QBs. But thanks for playing.

Also, if you think Trent wasn't looking down field enough, we can observe the comparison between yards per *completion*:

Trent: 212 yards/15 completions = 14.1 yards per completion (which is effing RIGHTEOUS)

Brady: 378 yards /39 completions = 9.7 yards per completion (good but not Trent Edwards good)

So clearly, he was getting more plays down field for more yards per capita than Tom Brady. If we didn't have at least 3 balls dropped that should have been caught, even *if* they weren't exactly perfect, the difference between Edwards and Brady would be even more profound.

This post was originally posted in response on like the fourth page of a thread started by another forum member, but I found it so intriguing after I did the calculations that I thought you would all appreciate a new thread for it.

Yeah, saw it and it was dumb in that thread as well.

hahahahaha...you are hilarious?

Let me tell you just how dumb this thread is...

Bills Possessions = 9

Patriots Possessions = 10

And the only reason they had one more possession than us was because Schobel picked off the pass and scored a TD.

In other words they had almost the same amount of CHANCES and DRIVES. So why did Brady have such bigger stats if they had almost an EQUAL amount of chances? Because Brady MOVES THE CHAINS and is MORE effective yesterday in the game and therefore WON the game...

Guess what else...Brady had more dropped passes than Trent too including FOUR by Moss and Welker...yet he STILL finds a way to move the ball.

Guess what else, those drops dont kill his drives as much becuase he moves the ball on other downs. We kept having 3rd and long because we either had a penalty put us there or were not doing enough on first and second to avoid being in a 3rd and long where we now have to throw.

Guess what else, if our WR's are not getting open then AVP needs to adjust and run them short before the double coverage can get there. Guess who did that, the Patriots...guess who didnt, the Bills...guess who won...the Patriots.

Serious question, how old are you? I mean your football knowledge seems to come straight from the game of Madden in every thread I see you in.

Brady sorely outplayed Trent and our D in the second half where he was nearly perfect. Not saying Trent had a bad game, in fact I think its more on AVP then Trent, but Brady was the better man Monday.

This extrapolation was based on the individual passing statistics (not team stats as sacks are not counted against QB passing yardage but they are counted against team passing yardage - which makes no sense but that's the way they do it) listed on espn:

Surely you would recognize that the quarterback with substantially more attempts would have more yardage and TD opportunities. So if you apply Trents actually numbers across the same numbers of attempts, you can make a very reasonable argument that Trents actual numbers were FAR more impressive than Tom Brady. So yea, the rating was in this case a very accurate indicator of performance for those two QBs. But thanks for playing.

But if you look at the play-by-play stats provided by NFL GSIS, he DIDN'T go downfield on every long passing gain. Not even close. For your viewing pleasure, here's a list of every completion for more than 10 yards:

1-10-NE 33 (4:03) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at NE 12 for 21 yards (23-L.Bodden).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 21 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -3 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 21 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 24 yards Solo Tackle: NE 23 (L.Bodden)

2-9-NE 11 (3:03) (No Huddle) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 89-S.Nelson for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards, TD: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 11 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 1 yards

Pass Reception Yards, TD: BUF 89 (S.Nelson), 11 yards Pass Target: BUF 89 (S.Nelson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 89 (S.Nelson), 10 yards

2-9-BUF 21 (5:55) (No Huddle) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at BUF 37 for 16 yards (59-G.Guyton).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 16 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 2 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 16 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 14 yards Solo Tackle: NE 59 (G.Guyton)

2-8-BUF 29 (:40) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 83-L.Evans to BUF 39 for 10 yards (29-S.Springs, 31-B.Meriweather).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 10 yards Pass Target: BUF 83 (L.Evans) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 0 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 29 (S.Springs) Tackle Assist: NE 31 (B.Meriweather)

2-9-BUF 21 (5:55) (No Huddle) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at BUF 37 for 16 yards (59-G.Guyton).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 16 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 2 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 16 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 14 yards Solo Tackle: NE 59 (G.Guyton)

1-10-BUF 26 (14:32) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 22-F.Jackson to BUF 41 for 15 yards (24-J.Wilhite, 31-B.Meriweather).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 15 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -2 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 15 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 17 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 24 (J.Wilhite) Tackle Assist: NE 31 (B.Meriweather)

2-15-BUF 36 (13:50) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 83-L.Evans to BUF 48 for 12 yards (24-J.Wilhite).

Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 12 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 12 yards Pass Target: BUF 83 (L.Evans) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 2 yards Solo Tackle: NE 24

(J.Wilhite)

3-1-BUF 45 (4:53) (No Huddle) 5-T.Edwards pass short middle to 81-T.Owens pushed ob at NE 28 for 27 yards (29-S.Springs). BUF 81-Owens

184th consecutive game with a reception. BUF 81-Owens 952 career receptions, 6th best all-time.

1st Down Passing: BUF 3rd Down Attempt Converted: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 27 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 6 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 27 yards Pass Target: BUF 81 (T.Owens) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 21 yards Solo Tackle: NE 29 (S.Springs)

3-20-NE 38 (3:19) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 80-D.Schouman to NE 22 for 16 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 30-B.McGowan).

3rd Down Attempt Failed: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 16 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 7 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 16 yards Pass Target: BUF 80 (D.Schouman) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 9 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 31 (B.Meriweather) Tackle Assist: NE 30 (B.McGowan)

3-15-BUF 33 (10:29) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at NE 49 for 18 yards (36-J.Sanders).

1st Down Passing: BUF 3rd Down Attempt Converted: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 18 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -3 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 18 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 21 yards Solo Tackle: NE 36 (J.Sanders)

2-10-NE 10 (5:38) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 22-F.Jackson for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards, TD: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -6 yards

Pass Reception Yards, TD: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 10 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 16 yards

1-10-BUF 21 (:45) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass deep middle to 81-T.Owens to BUF 40 for 19 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 24-J.Wilhite).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 19 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 19 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 19 yards Pass Target: BUF 81 (T.Owens) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 0 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 31 (B.Meriweather) Tackle Assist: NE 24 (J.Wilhite)

4-20-BUF 30 (:01) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass deep right to 80-D.Schouman to NE 47 for 23 yards. Lateral to 11-R.Parrish to NE 43 for 4 yards. Lateral to 22-F.Jackson to NE 34 for 9 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by BUF-11-R.Parrish at NE 40. 11-R.Parrish to NE 44 for -4 yards (23-L.Bodden).

1st Down Passing: BUF 4th Down Attempt Converted: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 30 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 18 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 23 yards Pass Target: BUF 80 (D.Schouman) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 5 yards Pass Reception Yards, No Reception: BUF 11 (R.Parrish), 4 yards Pass Reception Yards, No Reception: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 3 yards Fumble - Not Forced: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Own Recovery Yards: BUF 11

(R.Parrish), -4 yards Solo Tackle: NE 23 (L.Bodden)

-----------------------------------------------

I believe Edwards played the best game against the Patriots by a Bills QB since the 2003 opener, and it's great to see the YAC stats, but this list emphatically does not support the theory that Edwards looked downfield -- indeed, he didn't complete a pass more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage until the desperate last-minute drive.

The purpose of extrapolation is to compare two sets of data that are not equal in a meaningful way. This does not suggest that Trent Edwards would actually hit these numbers. It says that when measured across the same number of plays, Trent's numbers were clearly more impressive. I only brought up statistics because that is the only meaningful argument that has been made in Tom Brady's favor, and since you people on this forum are clearly incapable of recognizing the fallacy in that argument for yourselves, I needed to put it in a mathematical format you can understand. This is done all the time in science. I can't help it if the usage of remedial mathematical tools is beyond your comprehension. But you guys are the ones who like to use Brady's stat line as the basis of your argument. I simply took the ball and ran with it.

Alphadawg I am your master. You can bow down and worship any time. I am 27 years old and everyone on this board can see as plain as day that my knowledge and understanding of football and everything else is far deeper than your own.

hahahahaha...you are hilarious?

Let me tell you just how dumb this thread is...

Bills Possessions = 9

Patriots Possessions = 10

And the only reason they had one more possession than us was because Schobel picked off the pass and scored a TD.

In other words they had almost the same amount of CHANCES and DRIVES. So why did Brady have such bigger stats if they had almost an EQUAL amount of chances? Because Brady MOVES THE CHAINS and is MORE effective yesterday in the game and therefore WON the game...

Guess what else...Brady had more dropped passes than Trent too including FOUR by Moss and Welker...yet he STILL finds a way to move the ball.

Guess what else, those drops dont kill his drives as much becuase he moves the ball on other downs. We kept having 3rd and long because we either had a penalty put us there or were not doing enough on first and second to avoid being in a 3rd and long where we now have to throw.

Guess what else, if our WR's are not getting open then AVP needs to adjust and run them short before the double coverage can get there. Guess who did that, the Patriots...guess who didnt, the Bills...guess who won...the Patriots.

Serious question, how old are you? I mean your football knowledge seems to come straight from the game of Madden in every thread I see you in.

Brady sorely outplayed Trent and our D in the second half where he was nearly perfect. Not saying Trent had a bad game, in fact I think its more on AVP then Trent, but Brady was the better man Monday.

I am always amazed how other teams receivers seem to be WIDE open on third down and we can't do the same.

But if you look at the play-by-play stats provided by NFL GSIS, he DIDN'T go downfield on every long passing gain. Not even close. For your viewing pleasure, here's a list of every completion for more than 10 yards:

1-10-NE 33 (4:03) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at NE 12 for 21 yards (23-L.Bodden).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 21 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -3 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 21 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 24 yards Solo Tackle: NE 23 (L.Bodden)

2-9-NE 11 (3:03) (No Huddle) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 89-S.Nelson for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards, TD: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 11 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 1 yards

Pass Reception Yards, TD: BUF 89 (S.Nelson), 11 yards Pass Target: BUF 89 (S.Nelson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 89 (S.Nelson), 10 yards

2-8-BUF 29 (:40) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 83-L.Evans to BUF 39 for 10 yards (29-S.Springs, 31-B.Meriweather).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 10 yards Pass Target: BUF 83 (L.Evans) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 0 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 29 (S.Springs) Tackle Assist: NE 31 (B.Meriweather)

1-10-BUF 26 (14:32) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 22-F.Jackson to BUF 41 for 15 yards (24-J.Wilhite, 31-B.Meriweather).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 15 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -2 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 15 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 17 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 24 (J.Wilhite) Tackle Assist: NE 31 (B.Meriweather)

2-15-BUF 36 (13:50) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 83-L.Evans to BUF 48 for 12 yards (24-J.Wilhite).

Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 12 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 12 yards Pass Target: BUF 83 (L.Evans) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 83 (L.Evans), 2 yards Solo Tackle: NE 24

(J.Wilhite)

3-1-BUF 45 (4:53) (No Huddle) 5-T.Edwards pass short middle to 81-T.Owens pushed ob at NE 28 for 27 yards (29-S.Springs). BUF 81-Owens

184th consecutive game with a reception. BUF 81-Owens 952 career receptions, 6th best all-time.

1st Down Passing: BUF 3rd Down Attempt Converted: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 27 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 6 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 27 yards Pass Target: BUF 81 (T.Owens) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 21 yards Solo Tackle: NE 29 (S.Springs)

3-20-NE 38 (3:19) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 80-D.Schouman to NE 22 for 16 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 30-B.McGowan).

3rd Down Attempt Failed: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 16 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 7 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 16 yards Pass Target: BUF 80 (D.Schouman) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 9 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 31 (B.Meriweather) Tackle Assist: NE 30 (B.McGowan)

3-15-BUF 33 (10:29) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 22-F.Jackson pushed ob at NE 49 for 18 yards (36-J.Sanders).

1st Down Passing: BUF 3rd Down Attempt Converted: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 18 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -3 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 18 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 21 yards Solo Tackle: NE 36 (J.Sanders)

2-10-NE 10 (5:38) 5-T.Edwards pass short left to 22-F.Jackson for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards, TD: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 10 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), -6 yards

Pass Reception Yards, TD: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 10 yards Pass Target: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 16 yards

1-10-BUF 21 (:45) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass deep middle to 81-T.Owens to BUF 40 for 19 yards (31-B.Meriweather, 24-J.Wilhite).

1st Down Passing: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 19 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 19 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 19 yards Pass Target: BUF 81 (T.Owens) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 81 (T.Owens), 0 yards Assisted Tackle: NE 31 (B.Meriweather) Tackle Assist: NE 24 (J.Wilhite)

4-20-BUF 30 (:01) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass deep right to 80-D.Schouman to NE 47 for 23 yards. Lateral to 11-R.Parrish to NE 43 for 4 yards. Lateral to 22-F.Jackson to NE 34 for 9 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by BUF-11-R.Parrish at NE 40. 11-R.Parrish to NE 44 for -4 yards (23-L.Bodden).

1st Down Passing: BUF 4th Down Attempt Converted: BUF Passing Yards: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 30 yards Pass Length, Completion: BUF 5 (T.Edwards), 18 yards

Pass Reception Yards: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 23 yards Pass Target: BUF 80 (D.Schouman) Yardage Gained After the Catch: BUF 80 (D.Schouman), 5 yards Pass Reception Yards, No Reception: BUF 11 (R.Parrish), 4 yards Pass Reception Yards, No Reception: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 3 yards Fumble - Not Forced: BUF 22 (F.Jackson) Own Recovery Yards: BUF 11

(R.Parrish), -4 yards Solo Tackle: NE 23 (L.Bodden)

I believe Edwards played the best game against the Patriots by a Bills QB since the 2003 opener, and it's great to see the YAC stats, but this list emphatically does not support the theory that Edwards looked downfield -- indeed, he didn't complete a pass more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage until the desperate last-minute drive.

Ahem. I didn't say he looked down field. I said "for all you people who think he didn't look down field" & "he got more plays down field." My question is this: why throw the ball down field, into tighter coverage, with a lower chance of completion and a higher chance of interception, when you can take the shorter, higher percentage, safer passes that yield more yards per completion? That is the point here. Trent made the correct reads by throwing short because he yielded more yards per completion than he would have otherwise.

I applaud you Lori...nice post. Doesnt mean Trent had a bad game, but it definitely shows the fundamentally flawed approach of our offense.

On a side note, he had ZERO pass attempts to the end zone to boot.

I applaud you Lori...nice post. Doesnt mean Trent had a bad game, but it definitely shows the fundamentally flawed approach of our offense.

A fundamentally flawed approach that the mighty Patriots coached by BB could not stop ALL NIGHT LONG. Yea, that is really smart buddy.

On a side note, he had ZERO open or even single covered receivers in the end zone. I'll take a short pass to a wide open TE who runs it in over a forced red zone INT any day of the week.

However, that fundamentally flawed approach has us up by 11, with 5:33 left in the game against a pretty good football team, on the road.

The purpose of extrapolation is to compare two sets of data that are not equal in a meaningful way. This does not suggest that Trent Edwards would actually hit these numbers. It says that when measured across the same number of plays, Trent's numbers were clearly more impressive. I only brought up statistics because that is the only meaningful argument that has been made in Tom Brady's favor, and since you people on this forum are clearly incapable of recognizing the fallacy in that argument for yourselves, I needed to put it in a mathematical format you can understand. This is done all the time in science. I can't help it if the usage of remedial mathematical tools is beyond your comprehension. But you guys are the ones who like to use Brady's stat line as the basis of your argument. I simply took the ball and ran with it.

Alphadawg I am your master. You can bow down and worship any time. I am 27 years old and everyone on this board can see as plain as day that my knowledge and understanding of football and everything else is far deeper than your own.

I see you chose to ignore the fact that Brady and Trent had equal number of chances with ball essentiall and Brady did a LOT more with it than Trent...but keep trying kid, I am sure you will convince at least one person. Funny, on every thread you are being called out by almost every poster responding to your posts...so it seems you are legend in your own mind and highly doubt you are 27.

Why is it that you people just want to hate someone? Trent Edwards, the Bills coaches, anyone else you can possibly blame when a team that you have absolutely no bearing or influence upon doesn't perform the way you think they should? To do such is indicative of the kind of spineless, thoughtless, whining brain spasms that you are.

Why is it impossible for you to give credit where it is do? Would you rather be correct in your absurd assessments that clearly lack understanding of the dynamics of the game, or would you rather have a good football team?

I vote for good football team, and for the first time in a while, I am more than convinced we have a very good one.

Why is it that you people just want to hate someone? Trent Edwards, the Bills coaches, anyone else you can possibly blame when a team that you have absolutely no bearing or influence upon doesn't perform the way you think they should? To do such is indicative of the kind of spineless, thoughtless, whining brain spasms that you are.

Why is it impossible for you to give credit where it is do? Would you rather be correct in your absurd assessments that clearly lack understanding of the dynamics of the game, or would you rather have a good football team?

I vote for good football team, and for the first time in a while, I am more than convinced we have a very good one.

What was your previous username? I like Trent Edwards and hope he works out, but he is no Tom Brady.

As he continues to check down, teams with better secondaries than New England's -- which gave up the second-most touchdown passes in the league last year, costing all four top CBs their roster spots during the offseason -- will start to play more press coverage on the Bills WRs. Let's hope Evans and Owens can take advantage of that with some double moves; otherwise, this offense will begin to resemble last year's ... and nobody here wants that.

However, that fundamentally flawed approach has us up by 11, with 5:33 left in the game against a pretty good football team, on the road.

Serious question Bug...do you actually think that having your RB lead the team in targeted passes (7) and receiving is a sound approach to moving the chains?

You guys act like this was a first time occurence...this is the same thing we did all of last year and how did that work out for us? If this was such a great approach to the offense we wouldnt have gone out and got TO because we mastered the dink and dunk last year.

So, agree or not, using your two most DANGEROUS offensive weapons as deep decoys so you can throw to a RB is not going to win you many games, therefore its fundamentally flawed if that is the game plan. Its one thing to take what the D is giving you, but its another to NOT make any adjustments to get the ball into your two best players hands by running shorter quicker routes and getting the ball to them before the double comes.

I mean thats literally football 101...