WHOA Trent PWNED Brady - check it out

Eh we all make typos from time to time. Are you really going to make the argument that is a function of intellect?

A typo is not normally using a word with a totally different meaning, just because it sounds like the word you want to use. A typo is a physical error not a mental one. You miss my point though. I was simply pointing out to you that if you claim to be superior and you make a mistake, you have left yourself open to getting your balls busted. You know, "pride comes before the fall" and all that. Anyway, it was said in a goodnatured way.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I've made my long term prediction for Trent Edwards a long time ago, maybe some of you remember, but for all the new posters:

"Trent Edwards is going to win a championship, I repeat, TE is going to bring home a championship to Buffalo".

So you heard it here first and I've only made a prediction one other time like this with a QB and it was Tom Brady.

I made the prediction when Brady was still in college...

I billieve...

I've made my long term prediction for Trent Edwards a long time ago, maybe some of you remember, but for all the new posters:

Trent Edwards is going to win a championship, I repeat, TE is going to bring home a championship to Buffalo.

So you heard it here first and I've only made a prediction one other time like this with a QB and it was Tom Brady.

I billieve...

I think some of the residents of Lily Dale must be rubbing off on you at Larry's Cantina.

I'll say it again, what Brady did was to little to late and the 2nd TD drive that should never even happened was a whopping 30 yards. Trent Edwards could have easily done the same thing.

Folks around here want to crown Tom the golden boy Brady king then so be it, but there's a new kid in town and he's gunning for Shady Brady and the New England Patriots...

The Buffalo Bills are not going to be satisfied until we take down the Pat's and its going to happen,

I billieve...

And TE had the ball at the 40, with 37 seconds left and a timeout and threw one incompletion and was sacked twice, when he had a chance to win the game. That is what I saw along with a whopping 170 yards in passing 'til that last drive. Sure he played ok, but can we leave it at that.

"Trent Edwards is going to win a championship, I repeat, TE is going to bring home a championship to Buffalo".

I billieve...

I have thought that as well since the Cowboys game on MNF. I also have believed that Trent's lack of success thus far is in no way due to lack of ability, but due to lack of talent surrounding him. Trent Edwards is a great QB - you mark my words (well dog actually it appears you've marked my words on your own long ago) but everyone else mark them now: Trent is going to the pro bowl this year, without a doubt.

Guest dog14787
And TE had the ball at the 40, with 37 seconds left and a timeout and threw one incompletion and was sacked twice, when he had a chance to win the game. That is what I saw along with a whopping 170 yards in passing 'til that last drive. Sure he played ok, but can we leave it at that.

11 points up with 5 minutes remaining should have sealed the deal, but its useless arguing.

Crown your golden boy King, he won the game,

because he got lucky...

A typo is not normally using a word with a totally different meaning, just because it sounds like the word you want to use. A typo is a physical error not a mental one. You miss my point though. I was simply pointing out to you that if you claim to be superior and you make a mistake, you have left yourself open to getting your balls busted. You know, "pride comes before the fall" and all that. Anyway, it was said in a goodnatured way.

While you were scrolling through god knows how many lines and posts of ranting and raving looking for that one opportunity to bust my balls, you should have noticed that my usage of the word has been correct repeatedly, over and over, throughout this thread and many others. Therefore you can safely assume that it was in fact a typo caused by trying to respond in haste and then missing it as I proofread. But kudos to you on wasting whatever amount of time it was that it took you to find that. Was it as satisfying as you imagined it would be?

Guest dog14787
I have thought that as well since the Cowboys game on MNF. I also have believed that Trent's lack of success thus far is in no way due to lack of ability, but due to lack of talent surrounding him. Trent Edwards is a great QB - you mark my words (well dog actually it appears you've marked my words on your own long ago) but everyone else mark them now: Trent is going to the pro bowl this year, without a doubt.

AVP was the missing link...

Actually I was attempting to debunk the idea that Tom Brady had a better performance based solely on his stat line (since that was the only argument anyone could provide to support that position) by using my extrapolation to illustrate just how ridiculous it was to say "well Tom Brady had more yards so his performance was better."

It was a fair extrapolation, as far as it goes. People cannot look at Trent's numbers and realize that they were more impressive than Brady's numbers due to the discrepancy in passing yardage. In most other statistical categories (except completion % which is irrelevant because even with a lower % Trent still achieved a higher YPA - you can argue it was due to screens and runs after the catch, but that is also how most of Brady's yardage was accumulated as well, so that point is moot), Trent was clearly superior. So it was necessary to demonstrate what his numbers meant versus Tom Brady's numbers, and to do that required the extrapolation that I performed.

I mean really it makes perfect sense. If Tom Brady played better than Trent Edwards, *and* Tom Brady threw twice as many passes as Trent Edwards, then why did only have only the same number of TDs as Trent Edwards or substantially less yards per completion? Why were his yards per attempt lower, despite completing 10% more of his passes? Because he was not getting the ball into open space nearly as effectively as Trent was. My extrapolation clearly and soundly supports this perspective. It was a valid extrapolation because the point was not to suggest or predict what Trent's numbers would actually look like after 53 attempts, but to illustrate what they would look like had he actually posted identical numbers over the same number of attempts that Tom Brady had for the purpose of comparative analysis. I cannot help anyone understand this concept any better if you cannot recognize that difference in the purpose of my original post. Also, each stat individually was extrapolated in linear fashion, so I just cannot agree with your argument against its validity, although I do respect that you have enough understanding of how it works to post a valid response.

I respect your thoughts on it as they were lucid and logical. I expect that you can at least grant there is merit to what I am saying. It isn't that I'm joking in my original post, but yea I think you do understand the context of where I am coming from in order to try and make my point.

Actually, his entire post demonstrates, as others have, that there is no merit to what you are saying. That was clearly his point--he stated it several times.

Guess you missed that.

the point was not to suggest or predict what Trent's numbers would actually look like after 53 attempts, but to illustrate what they would look like had he actually posted identical numbers over the same number of attempts that Tom Brady had for the purpose of comparative analysis

Total gibberish. Contradictory.

Look, if this is not a joke, you should probably stop at this point.

The coaches may have called this type of gameplan (quick developing) to offset the OL's youth. However, the line looked pretty righteous considering and we may see some longer developing plays (TD bombs) sooner rather than later. Pissed off that we lost but we made a game of it.

While you were scrolling through god knows how many lines and posts of ranting and raving looking for that one opportunity to bust my balls, you should have noticed that my usage of the word has been correct repeatedly, over and over, throughout this thread and many others. Therefore you can safely assume that it was in fact a typo caused by trying to respond in haste and then missing it as I proofread. But kudos to you on wasting whatever amount of time it was that it took you to find that. Was it as satisfying as you imagined it would be?

Listen up, I basically pointed out to you that when you puff up your chest and proclaim yourself superior to everyone else then you leave your self vulnerable to getting your balls busted. I even told you that it was done in a good natured way. Do you feel that you are so important and your posts so riveting, that I would bother to scroll through "god knows how many lines and posts of ranting and raving looking for that one opportunity" to bust your balls? No, I wouldn't bother to do that. I noticed your error immediately on the first read. When it became apparent from your subsequent posts that you felt you were above everyone else intellectually, I then decided to quote you and send my polite advice.

You are right that your "usage of the word" has been correct in this and other threads. You must be intelligent and educated. You claim to be 27 years old but it would appear that with all of your intelligence and education you haven't learned much. Your posts are repetitive, argumentative, insulting to others, rude and sometimes the points are badly flawed and wrong to the core. You sir, are a cyber version of Barney Frank.

I am convinced that you did not actually watch the game. The only other option is that you utterly lack any ability to comprehend or even remember what you watched. So I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are merely pretending you watched it.

You also clearly do not understand the concept that our cover 2 defense is not the same as the Pats double coverage man to man on the outside...and thus the best option will be thrown to different players in different positions. As the fundamental philosophy was the same (neither team wanted to let the other beat them deep), the result was similar in that both QBs took the short easy stuff that was available rather than make ill-advised passes into coverage, but as the defense itself was different, it resulted in different receivers being the best viable option on a given play.

So basically you have no rebuttal, other than to attempt to claim your mental superiority over me. Gotcha. I'll just take that as you conceding.

Actually, his entire post demonstrates, as others have, that there is no merit to what you are saying. That was clearly his point--he stated it several times.

Guess you missed that.

Total gibberish. Contradictory.

Look, if this is not a joke, you should probably stop at this point.

I think you guessed right. This is a joke and we have been had. Nobody with his obvious intellect could come up with some of the things he has said.

So basically you have no rebuttal, other than to attempt to claim your mental superiority over me. Gotcha. I'll just take that as you conceding.

I wouldn't take it as that. I am conceding that my line of reasoning is simply beyond you, because if you think Tom Brady was throwing down field frequently you clearly were not watching the same game that I watched. You can't just make up scenarios to support you position and the expect me to offer a valid rebuttal. Basically, if you offer even a shred of valid logic, even if it is smothered in BS, I will make a rebuttal. But when you try to make a point based on a scenario that never happened, then I don't even bother trying to offer a valid response.

And for the record, my insults to the intelligence of other members of this forum are almost always in response to insults to my own. The exception is Alphadawg, whom I insult at every opportunity just because of the unending litany of BS that spews forth from his keyboard.

WEO and yourself and growing dangerously close to flame-on-sight status.

You can't just make up scenarios o support you position and the expect me to offer a valid rebuttal. But when you try to make a point based on a scenario that never happened then I don't even bother trying to offer a valid response.

You mean like the time TE passed for an extrapolated 450 yards and 4 TD's??

Do understand the concept of irony?

Listen up, I basically pointed out to you that when you puff up your chest and proclaim yourself superior to everyone else then you leave your self vulnerable to getting your balls busted. I even told you that it was done in a good natured way. Do you feel that you are so important and your posts so riveting, that I would bother to scroll through "god knows how many lines and posts of ranting and raving looking for that one opportunity" to bust your balls? No, I wouldn't bother to do that. I noticed your error immediately on the first read. When it became apparent from your subsequent posts that you felt you were above everyone else intellectually, I then decided to quote you and send my polite advice.

You are right that your "usage of the word" has been correct in this and other threads. You must be intelligent and educated. You claim to be 27 years old but it would appear that with all of your intelligence and education you haven't learned much. Your posts are repetitive, argumentative, insulting to others, rude and sometimes the points are badly flawed and wrong to the core. You sir, are a cyber version of Barney Frank.

I know what you did and why you did it.

When it became apparent from your subsequent posts that you felt you were above everyone else intellectually, I then decided to quote you and send my polite advice.

I figured as much. When it became apparent that you wanted to bust my balls, I wanted to diffuse your ball busting potency, and so I came up with my little schpeal about you searching through my posts. So that makes us even. My chest is very puffy. I try not to let it be obvious, but it never fails, once you insult my intelligence, I am more than happy to flame and troll you into oblivion.

Dude I have no problem whatsoever with you, just to be clear. I hope you don't take offense to my style of forum posting. If you do - oh well, you aren't the first and probably won't be the last to feel that way. But there is a great deal of ... well stupidity that gets perpetuated on this board on a daily basis, and I for one get tired of seeing it. Thus, I flame. It is the only thing that mitigates my frustration at the nonsensical posts I read here so frequently, and so I am unapologetic.

What really perturbs me is the way people sit around on forums and regurgitate the same tired crap they watched on TV last night as if it was their own original thoughts. At least I come up with my own ideas and defend them accordingly. I am so tired of watching Bills fans talk about how we suck (when we actually for once don't) because they saw it on ESPN. I am tired of people being too brainwashed to realize we have something really good going here. And I am tired of being insulted by unthinking marionettes that are utterly incapable of posting an original thought. In this case I was insulted for suggesting that Trent Edwards had a better performance than Tom Brady, and honestly, they way I explained it throughout this thread, there is nothing wrong with my logic. Why are Bills fans incapable of believing that we have a star player in the making? The only answer to that question that makes any sense to me is because they formulate their opinions based on ESPN commentary.

I know what you did and why you did it.

I figured as much. When it became apparent that you wanted to bust my balls, I wanted to diffuse your ball busting potency, and so I came up with my little schpeal about you searching through my posts. So that makes us even. My chest is very puffy. I try not to let it be obvious, but it never fails, once you insult my intelligence, I am more than happy to flame and troll you into oblivion.

Dude I have no problem whatsoever with you, just to be clear. I hope you don't take offense to my style of forum posting. If you do - oh well, you aren't the first and probably won't be the last to feel that way. But there is a great deal of ... well stupidity that gets perpetuated on this board on a daily basis, and I for one get tired of seeing it. Thus, I flame. It is the only thing that mitigates my frustration at the nonsensical posts I read here so frequently, and so I am unapologetic.

Oh my God, I've been caught red-handed. You have so outsmarted me, Maestro. Flame away, Barney.

You mean like the time TE passed for an extrapolated 450 yards and 4 TD's??

Do understand the concept of irony?

Do you understand the concept that the amount of yards gained is ALWAYS a function of the amount of plays run, therefore if you want to make a comparative analysis of performances based on the amount of yards gained, you must either extrapolate the statistics available to the same number of plays run, or you can simply find the average yards per play run. Both methods are doing the exact same thing - deriving a number that is meaningless in that it doesn't actually represent anything that happened on the field in order to compare sets of data that are not equal.

For example, Tom Brady didn't pass for 7.1 yards on every attempt. But I don't hear anyone complaining that the 7.1 yards per attempt is an invalid statistic. But since nobody seems to care that Trent's 8.5 yards per attempt was substantially better than 7.1 yards per attempt, I converted the EXACT same numbers into what the yardage would have been at the same number of plays. If you cannot understand that this is a perfectly legitimate technique for comparative analysis, then don't comment on it. I have stated this over and over again, but you are too dumb to understand it.

This is not predictive analysis. If it was, then it would be legitimate to argue that my logic is flawed. There is a difference in predictive and comparative analysis, however. I am a trained and experienced engineer that gets PAID to perform these kinds of analysis on a daily basis. I know what the hell I'm talking about.