Decade of Fail

May Day 10

wrong

  /rɔŋ, rɒŋ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rawng, rong] Show IPA

Use wrong in a Sentence

See web results for wrong

See images of wrong

–adjective

1. not in accordance with what is morally right or good: a wrong deed.

2. deviating from truth or fact; erroneous: a wrong answer.

3. not correct in action, judgment, opinion, method, etc., as a person; in error: You are wrong to blame him.

4. not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club.

5. out of order; awry; amiss: Something is wrong with the machine.

6. not suitable or appropriate: He always says the wrong thing.

7. (of clothing) that should be worn or kept inward or under: You're wearing the sweater wrong side out.

–noun

8. that which is wrong, or not in accordance with morality, goodness, or truth; evil: I committed many wrongs.

9. an injustice: The wrongs they suffered aged them.

10. Law.

a. an invasion of another's right, to his damage.

b. a tort.

–adverb

11. in a wrong manner; not rightly; awry; amiss: You did it wrong again.

–verb (used with object)

12. to do wrong to; treat unfairly or unjustly; harm.

13. to impute evil to (someone) unjustly; malign.

—Idioms

14. get in wrong, Slang. to cause to come into disfavor: We are forever getting in wrong with the people next door.

15. go wrong,

a. to go amiss; fail: Everything is going wrong today.

b. to pursue an immoral course; become depraved: Bad friends caused him to go wrong.

16. in the wrong, to blame; in error: He knew he was in the wrong but refused to concede the point.

Origin:

bef. 1100; (adj.) ME wrong, wrang, OE wrang, perh. < ODan wrang; cf. Dan vrang wrong, ON rangr awry; (v. and adv.) ME, deriv. of the adj.; (n.) ME; OE wrang, deriv. of the adj.; akin to wring

This is fun. :thumbsup:

It is fun, but yours doesn't make much sense.

sense  /sɛns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sens] Show IPA noun, verb, sensed, sens⋅ing.

Use sense in a Sentence

See web results for sense

See images of sense

–noun 1. any of the faculties, as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or touch, by which humans and animals perceive stimuli originating from outside or inside the body.

2. these faculties collectively.

3. their operation or function; sensation.

4. a feeling or perception produced through the organs of touch, taste, etc., or resulting from a particular condition of some part of the body: to have a sense of cold.

5. a faculty or function of the mind analogous to sensation: the moral sense.

6. any special capacity for perception, estimation, appreciation, etc.: a sense of humor.

7. Usually, senses. clear and sound mental faculties; sanity: Have you taken leave of your senses?

8. a more or less vague perception or impression: a sense of security.

9. a mental discernment, realization, or recognition; acuteness: a just sense of the worth of a thing.

10. the recognition of something as incumbent or fitting: a sense of duty.

11. sound practical intelligence: He has no sense.

12. something that is sensible or reasonable: to talk sense.

13. the meaning or gist of something: You missed the sense of his statement.

14. the value or worth of something; merit: There's no sense in worrying about the past.

15. the meaning of a word or phrase in a specific context, esp. as isolated in a dictionary or glossary; the semantic element in a word or group of words.

16. an opinion or judgment formed or held, esp. by an assemblage or body of persons: the sense of a meeting.

17. Genetics. a DNA sequence that is capable of coding for an amino acid (distinguished from nonsense ).

18. Mathematics. one of two opposite directions in which a vector may point.

–verb (used with object) 19. to perceive (something) by the senses; become aware of.

20. to grasp the meaning of; understand.

21. (of certain mechanical devices) to detect physical phenomena, as light, temperature, radioactivity, etc., mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.

22. Computers. to read (punched holes, tape, data, etc.) mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.

—Idioms23. come to one's senses, to regain one's good judgment or realistic point of view; become reasonable.

24. in a sense, according to one explanation or view; to a certain extent: In a sense it may have been the only possible solution.

25. make sense, to be reasonable or comprehensible: His attitude doesn't make sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1350–1400; (n.) ME < L sēnsus sensation, feeling, understanding, equiv. to sent(īre) to feel + -tus suffix of v. action, with tt > s; (v.) deriv. of the n.

Synonyms:

4. Sense, sensation refer to consciousness of stimulus or of a perception as pleasant or unpleasant. A sense is an awareness or recognition of something; the stimulus may be subjective and the entire process may be mental or intellectual: a sense of failure. A sensation is an impression derived from an objective (external) stimulus through any of the sense organs: a sensation of heat. It is also a general, indefinite physical or emotional feeling: a sensation of weariness. 5. awareness, apprehension. 7. rationality. 9. estimation, appreciation. 13. signification, import, denotation, connotation, interpretation. See meaning. 16. feeling, sentiment. 19. discern, appreciate, recognize.

It is fun, but yours doesn't make much sense.

sense  /sɛns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sens] Show IPA noun, verb, sensed, sens⋅ing.

Use sense in a Sentence

See web results for sense

See images of sense

–noun 1. any of the faculties, as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or touch, by which humans and animals perceive stimuli originating from outside or inside the body.

2. these faculties collectively.

3. their operation or function; sensation.

4. a feeling or perception produced through the organs of touch, taste, etc., or resulting from a particular condition of some part of the body: to have a sense of cold.

5. a faculty or function of the mind analogous to sensation: the moral sense.

6. any special capacity for perception, estimation, appreciation, etc.: a sense of humor.

7. Usually, senses. clear and sound mental faculties; sanity: Have you taken leave of your senses?

8. a more or less vague perception or impression: a sense of security.

9. a mental discernment, realization, or recognition; acuteness: a just sense of the worth of a thing.

10. the recognition of something as incumbent or fitting: a sense of duty.

11. sound practical intelligence: He has no sense.

12. something that is sensible or reasonable: to talk sense.

13. the meaning or gist of something: You missed the sense of his statement.

14. the value or worth of something; merit: There's no sense in worrying about the past.

15. the meaning of a word or phrase in a specific context, esp. as isolated in a dictionary or glossary; the semantic element in a word or group of words.

16. an opinion or judgment formed or held, esp. by an assemblage or body of persons: the sense of a meeting.

17. Genetics. a DNA sequence that is capable of coding for an amino acid (distinguished from nonsense ).

18. Mathematics. one of two opposite directions in which a vector may point.

–verb (used with object) 19. to perceive (something) by the senses; become aware of.

20. to grasp the meaning of; understand.

21. (of certain mechanical devices) to detect physical phenomena, as light, temperature, radioactivity, etc., mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.

22. Computers. to read (punched holes, tape, data, etc.) mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.

—Idioms23. come to one's senses, to regain one's good judgment or realistic point of view; become reasonable.

24. in a sense, according to one explanation or view; to a certain extent: In a sense it may have been the only possible solution.

25. make sense, to be reasonable or comprehensible: His attitude doesn't make sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1350–1400; (n.) ME < L sēnsus sensation, feeling, understanding, equiv. to sent(īre) to feel + -tus suffix of v. action, with tt > s; (v.) deriv. of the n.

Synonyms:

4. Sense, sensation refer to consciousness of stimulus or of a perception as pleasant or unpleasant. A sense is an awareness or recognition of something; the stimulus may be subjective and the entire process may be mental or intellectual: a sense of failure. A sensation is an impression derived from an objective (external) stimulus through any of the sense organs: a sensation of heat. It is also a general, indefinite physical or emotional feeling: a sensation of weariness. 5. awareness, apprehension. 7. rationality. 9. estimation, appreciation. 13. signification, import, denotation, connotation, interpretation. See meaning. 16. feeling, sentiment. 19. discern, appreciate, recognize.

Lighten up, Sparky. You made a statement that was wrong. I added to the discussion with actual facts. Not my fault you can't handle it and feel a desperate need to redeem yourself.

re⋅deem

  /rɪˈdim/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-deem] Show IPA

Use redeem in a Sentence

See web results for redeem

See images of redeem

–verb (used with object)

1. to buy or pay off; clear by payment: to redeem a mortgage.

2. to buy back, as after a tax sale or a mortgage foreclosure.

3. to recover (something pledged or mortgaged) by payment or other satisfaction: to redeem a pawned watch.

4. to exchange (bonds, trading stamps, etc.) for money or goods.

5. to convert (paper money) into specie.

6. to discharge or fulfill (a pledge, promise, etc.).

7. to make up for; make amends for; offset (some fault, shortcoming, etc.): His bravery redeemed his youthful idleness.

8. to obtain the release or restoration of, as from captivity, by paying a ransom.

9. Theology. to deliver from sin and its consequences by means of a sacrifice offered for the sinner.

Origin:

1375–1425; late ME redemen < MF redimer < L redimere, equiv. to red- red- + -imere, comb. form of emere to purchase (cf. emptor, ransom )

Dude, you're reading into it too much. Am I tired of losing? Of course. That dude on your avatar went through plenty of losing seasons himself. Yet, why would you (I know you said you wouldn't anyway) wear a shirt that basically says, "my team sucks?" Conversely, if the Patriots suck again for ten years straight, I would maybe want to wear a shirt alluding to the extent of their futility- not my own team! Gotta put things in perspective- the Bills have made the playoffs ten of the last 21 seasons going into this season. We are not the Lions, we are not the Clippers, we are not the Cubs, and yes people, Ralph Wilson does care about winning. Can't wait for Sunday, Go Bills!

Ok this subject is perhaps run its course. Go Bills may they get to .500 this weekend.

What the hell is with this "fail" thing I keep seeing? I don't get it, nor do I find it funny. No self-respecting Bills fan would wear that shirt. Do you know who the two worst teams in the league were between about 1987 and about 1994? The Colts and the Patriots. Get over yourselves and back your team.

umad?

that design is made in paint. terrible.

i can make a better one :D

Cool Guy Alert

that design is made in paint. terrible.

i can make a better one <_<

So don't

Decade of FAIL??--huhh??? FAILURE is better

Cry aboot it

Y you guys so srs? It just a t-shirt.