Could the Bills be 6-2 at the break?

You do know captain checkdown only led this team to 17 points right? Once Brady shook the rust off he took the defense to the woodshed...Drew Brees has no rust.

Wow guys, I know last night was fun and all, but its the day after...start looking at the stats and this team objectively. 3-5 at the break is more like it.

@New England - L

Tampa - W

Saints - L

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - W

@ Panthers - W

Houston - W

I'd say 6-2 would be great. More like 5-3 probably though. 5-3 would be awesome.

BTW, dare I hijack my own thread (oh who am I kidding, it's "our" thread :pirate: ) and go to the second half, but I'm thinking 4-4 there...so, 10-6 maybe, 9-7 fine (hey-hey, we're winners!) or 8-8.

@New England - L

Tampa - W

Saints - W (this is truly the one that worries me)

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Houston - W

- at worst, I think we are 4-4 at the break (Saints, Panthers - if Jake turns it around)

Yes, I was ready to be the pessimist today...but what the hell.

Yep - a 1 pt. loss to a powerful club, playing their opener at home. I've no predictions about their half-season record, but in IMO, the Bills surprised a lot of folks last night.

You do know captain checkdown only led this team to 17 points right? Once Brady shook the rust off he took the defense to the woodshed...Drew Brees has no rust.

Wow guys, I know last night was fun and all, but its the day after...start looking at the stats and this team objectively. 3-5 at the break is more like it.

DarthICE, I was furious last night and my new name could be Capt. Pessimism...but, if we get to 1-4 after five games, then I'll let my emotions sink...just not yet, though.

I think we'll beat the Jets, but lose to the saints.

Jests D is going to be a monster. 6-2 would be a huge and pleasant surprise. Depends on Edwards. No way can they give Brees and the saints as much time with the ball as they did the Patsies*. Our d was on the field way too long.

@New England - L

Tampa - W

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Houston - W

- at worst, I think we are 4-4 at the break (Saints, Panthers - if Jake turns it around)

I'll go 5-3 breaking it down like this

NE-L

Tampa-W

Saints-L

Miami-W

Cleveland-W

NYJ-W

Panthers-L

Houston-W

Granted theres always the chance for Jauron to give away any game.

@New England - L :thumbsup:

Tampa - W

Saints - L (this one could be interesting)

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - W

@ Panthers - W * This will depend on the QB situation Poor Jake D is getting toasted by the media.

Houston - W

The Bills CAN sweep the fins and JETS.. It's all comes down to execution.

@New England - L

Tampa - W

@Miami - W

Cleveland - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Houston - W

After last night, I think that 4-4 is the worst case scenerio. but am curious about how we will be vs the run. cause NE did not run an awefull lot, but they did pass alot. Just like NO will do

After last night, I think that 4-4 is the worst case scenerio. but am curious about how we will be vs the run. cause NE did not run an awefull lot, but they did pass alot. Just like NO will do

Obviously, in the weeks leading up to the season, I was thinking 5-11, but I just think it is impossible (knock on wood) for us to not win at least 3 games in the first half, and like you said, I can see 4-4 easily.

Throw in only 3 truly problematic games in the second half (Tenn, Jack - hey, they are tough down there and played well against the boys, Atlanta), hope that Indie has nothing to play for, and that puts 4-5 games at least in play, in my opinion.

NE was averaging 6 yards a rush the first half, I am not sure why they didn't stay with it when it was working well.

I see the Bills at 5/3 then injuries to the overplayed D sink us and DJ again. I pray he is gone after that.

BTW some peeps on this board need to know again this year, preseason don't mean Shift! Yesterday was the proof of that.