Undecided

Before I start this post, I want to thank you folks in advance for indulging my out-loud thinking.

I am undecided on how I feel about this team. For the first time in my life, I can't be excited about the franchise and its direction. I have a debate raging inside of me. My head is telling me that things will never, ever change with this franchise. No matter who the quarterback is, no matter who the head coach is, no matter how many HOFers are on the roster, this team for whatever reason will NEVER reach the apex of success. It will never win a SB for the town of Buffalo. I know this as much as anyone can know anything about any subject. And this knowledge has me wondering why I bother rooting for such a lackluster organization.

However, there is another part of me that (however faint at the current moment) says "stick it out, it can't get any worse...the moment you give up will be the moment they finally triumph." This drives me nuts. I've tried to get around this particular argument, but can't seem to. It's a stalemate.

Can anyone else empathize with this situation?

:pirate:

Sorry but I can't. I hate this team at times (at times meaning the last decade or so). But even yesterday evening when I was predicting a blow out, I couldn't WAIT for the game to start. I can't wait til next Sunday. And I'll get excited for every game, once again, until they are mathematically eliminated (week 11 or so) I will be excited for every game.

The Bills are like Herpes. They are in your blood for life. Just when you think your hatred for them is gone, they pop back up and ruin your week.

Before I start this post, I want to thank you folks in advance for indulging my out-loud thinking.

I am undecided on how I feel about this team. For the first time in my life, I can't be excited about the franchise and its direction. I have a debate raging inside of me. My head is telling me that things will never, ever change with this franchise. No matter who the quarterback is, no matter who the head coach is, no matter how many HOFers are on the roster, this team for whatever reason will NEVER reach the apex of success. It will never win a SB for the town of Buffalo. I know this as much as anyone can know anything about any subject. And this knowledge has me wondering why I bother rooting for such a lackluster organization.

However, there is another part of me that (however faint at the current moment) says "stick it out, it can't get any worse...the moment you give up will be the moment they finally triumph." This drives me nuts. I've tried to get around this particular argument, but can't seem to. It's a stalemate.

Can anyone else empathize with this situation?

:pirate:

Damn, I feel like you just explained EXACTLY how I feel TO A TEE.

Sorry but I can't. I hate this team at times (at times meaning the last decade or so). But even yesterday evening when I was predicting a blow out, I couldn't WAIT for the game to start. I can't wait til next Sunday. And I'll get excited for every game, once again, until they are mathematically eliminated (week 11 or so) I will be excited for every game.

The Bills are like Herpes. They are in your blood for life. Just when you think your hatred for them is gone, they pop back up and ruin your week.

I hope you are not talking from experience.

Yeah, just like bad acne too. I mean geez, we were at the prom, lookin slick, with a hot chick, and all of the

sudden, we get this third freakin eye, out of nowhere. We are cursed, but you can't say that we lack drama.

It's funny how some people are so bothered by this team, and even consider changing teams or just giving up football. It's just a game, and it's not to say I don't love the Bills and always cheer for them, and it's not to say it doesn't bother me when they lose. Last night I was completely devastated.

That said, I love this team, I love cheering for them, and despite the constant losing, I can't wait for every Sunday to roll around.

It's funny how some people are so bothered by this team, and even consider changing teams or just giving up football. It's just a game, and it's not to say I don't love the Bills and always cheer for them, and it's not to say it doesn't bother me when they lose. Last night I was completely devastated.

That said, I love this team, I love cheering for them, and despite the constant losing, I can't wait for every Sunday to roll around.

If it was just one season, I wouldn't have this issue. It's been ten years of thisthat's really got me veklempt.

I was really surprised that when I came here after the game last night that there wern't five "That's it I'm done with this team forever" threads. I guess ten years of NFL irrelavance combined with the occasional kick to the nuts like last nights game has finally brought apathy to the majority of the fan base.

Oh, and the herpes analogy from stojan was perfect.