Those Bell formation penalties should be appealed

Got_Wood

You can call that at any point in ANY game. These refs were full of sh--. I hate that the Patriots get these stupid ass calls in games like this. They had it all lined up for the win.

Did anyone see the official put the ball ON THE FIRST DOWN MARKER on 2nd and 1 late in the game? What the hell was going on there. I would normally say that mistakes happen and it all evens out, BUT IT DIDN'T.

FOUR 1st down plays were nagated by stupid penalties for the Bills. ZERO for the Patriots.

We could have won this game.

You can call that at any point in ANY game. These refs were full of sh--. I hate that the Patriots get these stupid ass calls in games like this. They had it all lined up for the win.

Did anyone see the official put the ball ON THE FIRST DOWN MARKER on 2nd and 1 late in the game? What the hell was going on there. I would normally say that mistakes happen and it all evens out, BUT IT DIDN'T.

FOUR 1st down plays were nagated by stupid penalties for the Bills. ZERO for the Patriots.

let it go, man...all we can do now is hope we get mad and use this as some motivation..althouhg with poz now out for a significant period of time i'd say our defense got significnatly worse

Now what will be frustrating is you wont see the officials call Bell for that same penalty for the rest of the season.....seriously

If Jauron dosn't say a word, NOTHING will happen. He needs to get angry when these things happen. Not sit there and pout. Referees only change the way they call games if YOU GET IN THEIR FACE.

Anybody catch the VERY important game deciding penalty on Al Harris of the Packers last night? Very sketchy within 5 yards... Even Collinsworth made a good point that the BEARS should have been called for illegal formation since the receiver wan't on the LOS and should have been because of where the other players were.

I really wonder about the NFL...

:rolleyes:

If Jauron dosn't say a word, NOTHING will happen. He needs to get angry when these things happen. Not sit there and pout. Referees only change the way they call games if YOU GET IN THEIR FACE.

Let me emphasize that while I give great credit to the team I still dont want DJ as the coach of it.......AVP was impressive tonight with his play calling....and the players played their hearts out.

There was one camera shot of DJ that I swear to God he was either falling asleep or the pressure was getting to him to the point where he was starting to go into a coma.

I remember thinking at one point I was hoping Chucky in the booth was starting to get a little interested in what this team might do if HE was coaching it. At one point he said he was very impressed.

Anybody catch the VERY important game deciding penalty on Al Harris of the Packers last night? Very sketchy within 5 yards... Even Collinsworth made a good point that the BEARS should have been called for illegal formation since the receiver wan't on the LOS and should have been because of where the other players were.

I really wonder about the NFL...

:rolleyes:

You HAVE TO wonder. Seriously, especially highly televised games with lots of money on the line. You just can't give the favored team THAT MANY advantages.

2 penalties on an offensive tackle lining up off the ball is RIDICULOUS. THEY ARE OFF THE BALL EVERY PLAY OF THE GAME.

TO's offensive pass interference call was bogus. That was within 5 yards, and corners can hit receivers. Donte's late hit call was very weak. And the holding call on Shawn Nelson was debatable as well.

Come on, this is getting to be too much for us fans.

I agree with you guys that those formation calls were total BS. They weren't called in preseason. They line up like that on every play. The formation was inconsequential to the actual play. It was not deceptive. The refs sucked tonight as usual. Donte's call was spearing. He did not hit the guy with his helmet. It wasn't spearing.

You HAVE TO wonder. Seriously, especially highly televised games with lots of money on the line. You just can't give the favored team THAT MANY advantages.

2 penalties on an offensive tackle lining up off the ball is RIDICULOUS. THEY ARE OFF THE BALL EVERY PLAY OF THE GAME.

TO's offensive pass interference call was bogus. That was within 5 yards, and corners can hit receivers. Donte's late hit call was very weak. And the holding call on Shawn Nelson was debatable as well.

Come on, this is getting to be too much for us fans.

It always happens against NE* and it clearly helped them get the little edge they needed. We could still have won if Leodis doesn't fumble, but it is sad you have to both beat the Patsies* and the officials. Could you imagine the TO offensive pass interference call against NE*. No. Someone please find when the last offensive pass interference call went against NE*. I would expect it might be years since they had that type of call.

When a streak of 12 games like this occurs, always look for the officiating to be some factor, not the only factor of course. Look at the 20 game streak in the 70's the Dolphins had against the Bills. Only an imbecile would say that officiating was not an important factor in that streak. Remember the time against Miami that RW kicked the referees room door in after the game to complain about the terrible calls against the Bills and was fined $10,000 (a lot of money in those days).

When a streak of 12 games like this occurs, always look for the officiating to be some factor, not the only factor of course. Look at the 20 game streak in the 70's the Dolphins had against the Bills. Only an imbecile would say that officiating was not an important factor in that streak. Remember the time against Miami that RW kicked the referees room door in after the game to complain about the terrible calls against the Bills and was fined $10,000 (a lot of money in those days).

Right. That Miami game in the 70's when the Bills were coming back and forced an obvious fumble, recovered by Pat Toomay. The refs called it "no fumble," and tacked on 15 yards to Toomay for bumping the ref on his way to recover the fumble. Instead of the Bills having the ball and charging onto a victory, Miami had the ball 15 yards further downfield. On the next play, Nottingham ran up the middle to the 1 yard line. It was horrible.

I think the ref's name was Ron Bergman.

Right. That Miami game in the 70's when the Bills were coming back and forced an obvious fumble, recovered by Pat Toomay. The refs called it "no fumble," and tacked on 15 yards to Toomay for bumping the ref on his way to recover the fumble. Instead of the Bills having the ball and charging onto a victory, Miami had the ball 15 yards further downfield. On the next play, Nottingham ran up the middle to the 1 yard line. It was horrible.

I think the ref's name was Ron Bergman.

Let's kill the bastard. Oh wait he's probably already dead, huh.

There were 2 definite times when the Bills should have challenged the spot. There was at least 1 other that looked off to me.

We did not challenge. Those were huge.

It appeared to me that he was slightly behind whoever was covering him on the line (WR/TE not sure) as well as slightly behind the right tackle's position on the other side of the line. So it looked like a legit call. I'm willing to give him the first one, playing in his first game and all, but the second one was inexcusable.

The league must be cracking down on this. It was called against one of the dolphins lineman twice, and it was called against pittsburgh at least once if not twice.

They line up like that all the time, but I have never seen it called as many times in all my years watching football as I did this weekend in the 3 games I watched.