Trent Edwards vs Tom Brady

Yea Tom Brady was Tom Brady. But Trent Edwards was better. His 114 passer rating vs Tom Brady's 98 passer rating agrees. Expect big things this year. The loss hurts - but the silver lining looks pretty good. I'm not saying "we played tough" or "we have heart". I am saying we have a better team than most in the league, and this season will prove it.

Trent still checked down 80% of the time. It worked last night against a defense with 6 new starters but it's not going to work every game. He needs to throw the ball down the damn field more.

no it worked because they doubled TO and Lee on most plays. This left everyone else is 1 on 1 or open coverage. Trent went through his reads and made some savvy decisions, which did involve a few passes down the field. Seriously if they double TO and Lee in every other game look for some big receiving stats from Reed, TE's, and Fred Jackson this season imo.

I blame the Turks. And not the Schonert variety.

I blame the Turks, the Schonerts, the OJ's, The Norwoods, The Stephensons, The Ringo's, The Bullough's, The Williams's, The Mularkey's, The Harvey Johnson's, The Rob Johnson's, the Clod Tollins's, The Willis McBadknee's, The Travis Henry 11 Baby's, The Bledsoe's, the Schobel's, The Wilson's, The Jauron's, The Gandy's, The Teague's, the Fat Mike's, etc....

no it worked because they doubled TO and Lee on most plays. This left everyone else is 1 on 1 or open coverage. Trent went through his reads and made some savvy decisions, which did involve a few passes down the field. Seriously if they double TO and Lee in every other game look for some big receiving stats from Reed, TE's, and Fred Jackson this season imo.

Exactly, and if you can't tell a designed play (5-10 screen passes with pulling linemen) from a checkdown, then I can't help any further.

Exactly, and if you can't tell a designed play (5-10 screen passes with pulling linemen) from a checkdown, then I can't help any further.

I was impressed with a lot of the play calls, espeically the screens. It was nice to see us use them on New England since they ran them on us for so long.

Trent still checked down 80% of the time. It worked last night against a defense with 6 new starters but it's not going to work every game. He needs to throw the ball down the damn field more.

You don't know much about football do you?

Trent did exactly what he should have last night. They were doubling Evans AND Owens. Forcing the ball down field just results in picks.

Yea Tom Brady was Tom Brady. But Trent Edwards was better. His 114 passer rating vs Tom Brady's 98 passer rating agrees. Expect big things this year. The loss hurts - but the silver lining looks pretty good. I'm not saying "we played tough" or "we have heart". I am saying we have a better team than most in the league, and this season will prove it.

Trent was better? He was playing against a new defense. Should have been able to get downfield more instead of dinkin and dunkin. Makes his stats look good though. Did you stay up for the 2nd half? Brady started playin like himself after shakin off the rust in the 1st half. Imagine what the Bills would be like with him behind center.

You don't know much about football do you?

Trent did exactly what he should have last night. They were doubling Evans AND Owens. Forcing the ball down field just results in picks.

They blitzed here and there - it's impossible to double both WRs when you blitz. There were times that either TO or Evans wasn't doubled (Jaws even pointed out one such time) but the ball still didn't get out to the WRs. Nobody wants him to force the ball into double coverage but he has to give his WRs a chance to make plays when they're single covered.

Edwards was lucky to stand on the same field with Brady. The difference showed in the 4th quarter on how to win and lose a game.

Ok, let me see if I got this straight...you said "Tom Brady was Tom Brady" and then in the same sentence said Treat was better? hahahaha, homerism at its finest. So you are saying, Brady was himself, which is one of the best QB's to ever play the game, yet Trent was better? Come on now...

Last nights game is exactly why QB Rating is not a very reliable indicator of QB performance. Sure Trent was solid, but Brady was better. Brady got off to a slow start, but took command of that game in the 4th quarter. Randy Moss and Welker had as many CATCHES as Trent had passing attempts. Brady gets the ball down field and into the end zone, thats what he does. Trent, not so much.

Now, to be fair, in Trents defense he had a lot of dropped passes (although so did Brady in the first half) and penalties kill some drives. But before we can go out and say Trent had a great game he needs to figure out how in the hell to get the ball down the field to the WR's...