Lee Evans Quit

Dwight Drane

The officials were horrible but it was hardly one sided.

Yeah, uniformly horrible..

The play the OP refers to didn't upset me anywhere near as much as our WR's inablility to CATCH THE DAMN BALL! Edwards stats would have been other-worldly if they caught every pass that bounced off their chests.. To those who continue to call him Captain Checkdown, I say he figured out pretty quick who he could trust to hang on to his accurate passes.

Many positives to take from this game, IMO.

Yeah, uniformly horrible..

The play the OP refers to didn't upset me anywhere near as much as our WR's inablility to CATCH THE DAMN BALL! Edwards stats would have been other-worldly if they caught every pass that bounced off their chests.. To those who continue to call him Captain Checkdown, I say he figured out pretty quick who he could trust to hang on to his accurate passes.

Many positives to take from this game, IMO.

Good point about Edwards' stats. IIRC, he had some throws in the 20 - 25 yard range which would have been completions, had the receivers not dropped the ball. Overall, a very solid day for him!

Stop blaming the refs. Those penalties against Bell, all of four of them were legit. Wilfork's penalty was a gift to the Bills. Whitner spearing was a good call and a stupid play by him. Blame the defensive philosophy after the Bills went up 24 - 13. They stopped being aggressive and gave up too many easy plays. Then blame McKelvin for fumbling. The zebras had nothing to do with the outcome. Can't hold a lead once again. I'm not sure that the Bills win even if McKelvin doesn't fumble. Van Pelt called a very good game but if Jauron starts calling things not to lose then we usually lose. I pin this one on Jauron.

I have to agree totally. We have too much defensive talent to play so pasively in terms of style and calls. Too soft for me.

How about the spear that they called on Whitner?

How many horrendous spots went in the Pats* favor?

How many holding penalties did the Pats* take?

thank you!!!!! I saw that all game too, one time it would have been 2nd and 1, maybe 2 and they gave them a first. menawhile we seemed to get a bad spot everytime

Anyone else pissed at watching Evans unbuckle his chinstrap and pout with 12 seconds left only to just make it back at the last second?

Also....Levitrie was calling for a timeout with 29 seconds left and we didn't get it until 22.

Evans always rubs me the wrong way a few times a year with his Fem tactics....and tonight was one of them.

I think this team has way too many of these soft, gutless players. Another one is Donte. He may talk a big game but obviously never delivers and cries and moans way too much-he's no Polamaluor even Meriweather for that matter.

Levitre started calling the timeout as soon as Edwards was sacked. That was actually a pretty smart play.

One has to wonder why a rookie OLman (in his first game none-the-less) had the game awareness to know what to do while the 3rd year QB didn't. Of course, I'm sure someone will come back with a statistic that illustrates why Edwards had more on field awareness than Brady in this game.

Levitre started calling the timeout as soon as Edwards was sacked. That was actually a pretty smart play.

Agreed. 8 seconds ticked off the clock before that timeout was actually called--Trent was trying to get a play set up. Only when he realized how far downfield his receivers were did he call the TO. The last two plays could have gone a lot differently if we had 30 seconds instead of 22...

Ok, I want to say that I had no major issue with the refs calling the one Watson a TD that they reviewed. I personally thought it was a good call. However, the very same night in the Raiders-Chargers game there was a verrrrrry similar TD pass where the reciever went and came down with the ball. It hit the ground as he hit the ground and they called it incomplete. The announcers even made a point to say that was the rule and they seemed to make the right call. Let me say it again, I had no problem with the call during the Bills game, but when I saw it in the Raiders game and they made a completely different call I was pissed. I dont care which one was right but lets at least be on the same page.

Am I the only one that noticed this? Or am I completely wrong?

Ok, I want to say that I had no major issue with the refs calling the one Watson a TD that they reviewed. I personally thought it was a good call. However, the very same night in the Raiders-Chargers game there was a verrrrrry similar TD pass where the reciever went and came down with the ball. It hit the ground as he hit the ground and they called it incomplete. The announcers even made a point to say that was the rule and they seemed to make the right call. Let me say it again, I had no problem with the call during the Bills game, but when I saw it in the Raiders game and they made a completely different call I was pissed. I dont care which one was right but lets at least be on the same page.

Am I the only one that noticed this? Or am I completely wrong?

I noticed this also, and that's the first thing I thought of when the Raiders scored, "same thing that happened with Watson, that's a TD." Then when they said incomplete, I was shocked.

However, at the time I was glad they called Watson's a TD, it gave the Bills at least some time on the clock. The way the defense was playing, you just knew New England* was going to score the go ahead TD and I didn't want it to be with only a few seconds left.